Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 16-03-2011, 11:01 AM
murugan

Reincarnation

I am having some problems understanding this reincarnation process. what happens after I die? Do I reincarnate into an animal, a tree, do I go to heaven? I am very confused.
Old 16-03-2011, 12:37 PM
mike bike

Reincarnation.

I believe we live forever...and once we are reborn as a human we NEVER revert back to being an animal....if you can get a copy of "Gnani Yoga" by Yogi Ramacharaka (long out of print) he explains everything.

"First the mineral (remember crystals are living beings)...then the plant....then the animal" (please remember insects and the hated spiders are God's children too)...."then the human".

This is what Ramacharaka called "the evolution of souls"...how a soul starts as a little spark of the divine life as a mineral,then a plant....after several lifetimes becoming an animal...the domestic animals (dogs,cats etc) are living several lives with humans to get their final (although they don't realise it) instruction in being human.

When a soul becomes human....your troubles start..."Being cast out of the Garden of Eden" would be a good description...animals live for the NOW...no regrets over yesterday,and no worries about tomorrow (aren't they lucky?)

But we "superior" humans are different....we have a subconcious mind and a concious one...the subconcious gives ideas to the concious .....(like Eve giving Adam an apple)....and the human is driven out of Eden.

We are now capable of deceit,and plotting....and worrying about tomorrow !!....instead of trusting God like animals and birds do.

Blessings.....Mike

Last edited by mike bike : 16-03-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 16-03-2011, 05:33 PM
numerouno

The sage Narada once brought the dead son of a king, back to life, after being poisoned. The king's son due to the touch of narada was able to recall some of his past lives. One of them was that of a vegetable but the life before as the kings son, he was a celestial. As a celestial he live many hundred of thousand of years. Once dying as celestial he degressed to a normal human birth. This means a soul can travel both to higher and lower realms if he is not careful. After describing his different births to his parents he realized he was not the kings son or the celestial but the soul his parents too realized this and this soul broke the shackles of material ties and returned to the eternal realm of vaikuntha.

The soul cannot be made wet by water, burnt by fire, parched by air or cut by products of the earth element like steel. Therefore nothing in this material realm can harm. The soul is thus eternal and spirit. His wealth is his deeds, sin is his debts.