Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 30-09-2017, 03:58 AM
Newbie ;)

Issue with a friend... I need guidance.

Hi all! I'm new to this forum and I actually joined in order to ask this question! But I've been lurking and I like it so much that I want to stick around :) It's been a difficult journey for me in trying to find my own community so I'm so happy that this place exists!

Anyway, I'm having a situation with a friend. To preface this, both of us are into crystals for healing, balance and energy. I have been for quite sometime but I don't consider myself a seasoned person that knows everything- I'm constantly learning. This friend of mine has recently moved in with me and our friendship really strengthened when we found out each other used crystals. At first, it was something special that we bonded over and it was nice to have someone close to me who believe and practiced the same things that I did. But now it's getting to the point where I feel like we are speaking two very different languages.

My friend claims to be a seer and possesses many talents; he has tapped into his gift and gives readings to others (he has a psychic ability) and also is an empath. While I can only sense negative spiritual energy, he can feel it, see it, and pick up on it. At first I was wowed by my friend, and I was happy that he was able to develop his gifts and using them to help people. But then I began noticing some things that didn't sit right with me... I'm not sure if the issue is more with me or more with him...

One issue is that if we are discussing a spirit in a room and I don't sense something right away (or vice versa) he always seems pretty keen to explain to me why I'm wrong about that. Same with commenting on the energy of the room, we have disagreements sometimes about whether it is positive or negativity. I try to drop it or let it go, but he never wants to. And this has become a constant thing, but not just with energy. We went to a crystal shop in another city and I immediately got a bad vibe from it. The lady who ran the place was saying things that were untrue and the products she was selling were not great. But my friend was buying into every word she said because she came over and starting telling him everything he wanted to hear in regards to his "gift". Now, she could really have been to picking up on something but I had a bad feeling and she was encouraging him to spend money. When we left he asked me why I didn't buy anything or why I didn't like it... I told him I wasn't feeling the energy of the place and he proceeded to tell me that maybe I was having a block.

Another issue is that he recently bought a pendelum. He says he immediately bonded to it and he started using it. I was very wary of this, because growing up I was told that while you can make any kind of pendellum and start using it, in very special cases sometimes you are bonded with one. I have waited for a long time for my own and have yet to find one. But even when using ones I have made myself, I have only ever asked it basic questions. I have read and was always told that in order to ask it bigger and more complex questions that you had to have experience, and that includes communicating with spirits and other uses. But immediately my friend claims he uses it to communicate with spirits and asks it all these complex questions... if he is actually able to do that, I'm not jealous, but I just find it all really suspicious? I equate it to someone just starting out in meditation achieving Nirvana within a short period of time, when I have heard of people not achieving that even twenty years in...

I have tried to mention this to my friend, about needing experience to do some of these things. He said, "Oh, I think I'm just advanced". When we were talking about our long term goals with using crystals, I told him that mine was to achieve my ultimate balance. He acted like he had no idea what I was talking about. He said, "Oh, I linked up with my friend a long time ago and I've been balanced perfectly for a while.."

Am I wrong to be a bit annoyed with his behavior? Or is this just me being jealous? I don't feel jealous of those that possess gifts; I'm on my own spiritual journey and others have theirs. I'm just wondering if one of us are misinformed about the proper use and rules of crystals or if it's both of us...

Thank you for reading :) I'm really lost as to what I should do and I would appreciate some feedback. I understand that it's completely possible that this is an issue that I'm creating and that maybe it's me that needs to do some reflecting?
Old 30-09-2017, 04:05 AM
Gracey

He is insecure with himself, hence his behavior. He is jealous of you. You could use his words as a tool for self reflecting, but do not believe them as a matter of fact right on the spot. It can be tiring being around someone who refuses to validate your experiences on a regular basis. Guard yourself, protect your own energy until you figure out if you are going to keep this person in your life long term or not.

I am actually reading a book right now that talks about balance, how important it is, so to read your words about it....well, i like the synchronicity of it.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:22 AM
Guide
I would've thought many times over about kicking him in the shin :p But seriously, have you tried any techniques to lessen your frustration? It's interesting that you say you could be creating this issue, do you feel that your focus on his "arrogance" magnifies it? There are some who believe that those we invite into our life are mirroring our current emotional state, gives us a focus as to what we should work on :)

But definitely guard your energy as Gracey advised, try to transmute his energy when he tries to throw his advanced, balanced gifts (definitely sounds like his inflexibility and insecurities cause him to feel superior). It unfortunately doesn't sound like you can critique him, but everyone is always growing and changing, there really is no such thing as perfectly balanced and complete when it comes to spirituality, so much to learn and experience! Good luck