Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 30-06-2016, 12:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
Truly my favorite Abraham Hicks clip. Get Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykAPG_Ap7cY

If you are not familiar with Abraham, these clips on You Tube (and there are 1000's of them) are not posted by Abraham - they are posted by people who love Abraham - some of them are set to beautiful music, or beautiful pictures.

These are posted by Abraham, and if you are interested in what they have been teaching all these years, this is the basis of what they teach - I think there is a series of 5 videos (short, maybe 10 minutes or so each)

So, go to Abraham Hicks you tube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/AbrahamHicks

Click on the video - Abraham - Law of Attraction Part 1

Interesting stuff

I bought a CD collection with I think their first recordings from 1988 or something like that and includes a collection of their "processes". I listen to them in the car. It's extremely uplifting.
Old 30-06-2016, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
I bought a CD collection with I think their first recordings from
1988 or something like that and includes a collection of their processes.
I listen to them in the car. It's extremely uplifting.
I know ...extremely!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-06-2016, 03:55 PM
Master
I've got to get me more CDs to listen to. I've gotten to where I prefer to listen to them all the time when I'm driving! Any good suggestions?
Old 30-06-2016, 10:09 PM
Sarian, sent you a pm on this. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-06-2016, 11:16 PM
Master

I personally don't believe in the LOA, but some people do and it maybe a placebo effect. I don't think people should rely on the LOA or spiritual matters for anything.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
I personally don't believe in the LOA, but some people do and it maybe a placebo effect.
I don't think people should rely on the LOA or spiritual matters for anything.
I understand that perspective.

For myself, I could never rely on the 'world'....the World's Thought System, the,
aka, ego thought system ...as labeled by ACIM...A Course in Miracles.
Why? It has proven to be ...ah...not so wonderful.

For a decade I have relied 100% on what created and is supporting this thing that appears as matter,
aka, this world...and, so far so good!

Old 01-07-2016, 07:34 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
I personally don't believe in the LOA, but some people do and it maybe a placebo effect. I don't think people should rely on the LOA or spiritual matters for anything.

I tend to agree with this. It works for some people some of the time - but could be attributed to other factors including the practicality of their "desires", the risk of delusion and one's morality.

There's nothing wrong with wanting better for yourself but that needn't resolve as an exclusively spiritual pursuit. Sure, it resolves at some spiritual level or another, like you want to enter a satisfying career - your approach can be analysed in spiritual terms but many get there without ever touching spiritual "techniques". Many people affirm naturally (ok, affirmation is slightly different) without ever thinking "I'm doing affirmations!" Some believe they're already the thing they want to be or have (and get it) without ever saying "This is LOA."

Old 01-07-2016, 11:45 AM
Master

I think you may be holding onto the energy rather then letting it go so it can manifest.

It does come down to belief, real belief. If someone feels the need to focus, focus and focus to get what they are trying to manifest this could mean that they also believe that it cant happen easily and that in turn can affect the manifestation.

When I choose to go into manifestation mode to purposely create something, its simply a case of think what i want, really inner desire (change with intent) and then simply let it go, I dont dwell on it any more but "know" it will happen. I do this without more thought on to it. It amazes me how quickly and strongly this works.

LOA though doesnt work very well for me.. doing something and believing one will get like it returned (like attracts like), with that I get more varied responses to that then if I had actually purposely willed a manifestation to me. Its like I havent formed it as well, so it come then back in a way of whatever and not necessarily in the way I want.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:29 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dove
I think you may be holding onto the energy rather then letting it go so it can manifest.

It does come down to belief, real belief. If someone feels the need to focus, focus and focus to get what they are trying to manifest this could mean that they also believe that it cant happen easily and that in turn can affect the manifestation.
However, the seeker won't get anywhere without focus and affirmation. It is this question of believing. Without the "I will" frame of mind it might fail, as you say. "I'd like to do xxxx" won't work. It has to be "I will" and persist.

I'm not sure how one "lets go of energy" in this sense. To me (if I may don an occult hat for a moment) it means don't go looking for results. One of the most difficult things to do. You're affirming away but need to touch very lightly on checking progress!

Old 01-07-2016, 12:37 PM
Master
Thanks, Miss Hepburn!

Froebellian, I don't know about a placebo effect when you are actually receiving physical material things for instance. I've gotten some things that boggle my mind and just from the sheer prospective of HOW things moved/shifted around to make it all happen are incredible to me. Maybe it has nothing to do with LOA, I don't know...but even in reading things decades and even centuries old, people knew about it. I think religion came in and man twisted things around. I'm not a Christian, but even in the bible, there are so many scriptures that talk about LOA, but again, my own take is that man tainted some amazing knowledge.

For me, I feel like I've only scratched the surface and it's pretty mind boggling. I have no doubt in Miss H's testimonies because she's done it for so long, 100 percent believes and is a 'pro' if you will at this. If it is a placebo effect, well, no matter, the mind is powerful and if this placebo effect brings upon such amazing things (good things) then that's alright with me. Same if I was taking a placebo drug that I believe was causing me to feel wonderful ..if my mind was doing that for me, great. That said, I've been on drugs in my life and no matter how much I believed or hoped they would work, they never did. I take no anti-depressants now and I don't need them. :-)