Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 08:28 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapis
OK, I'm confused about some of these descriptions. Not the abilities but some of the names for them. Does the term "Medium" mean people who see, hear, talk with, feel etc. etc. dead humans? That's what I've always thought a "Medium" was basically, but am I wrong in assuming this? Do "mediums" perceive, communicate and interact with other non-physical non-human entities also?

Only occasionally (thank goodness) do I see humans who've passed over and I've always been able to communicate with them and them with me but I've never considered myself a "medium"......

in my own words a medium is a person who forms the 'link' between the two worlds, spirit and the material, to provide evidenceof the afterlife and spirit survival (not to be confused with fortune tellers ) i find the term dead humans strange as animals also die and go to spirit, the dead are only bodies, the vehicle of our spirit which is our true self in our true form, the spirit, the very essence of us continues on apologies for the lecture just had to get my 2p in
Old 02-10-2006, 08:58 PM
jonpeeoh

Jaycee,

Something kinda like that happens with me, although I didn't really think of it as mediumship, although that seems a blatant oversight after reading this thread. When I want to find answers, I retreat into privacy and may just sit in the tub and meditate or play with Osho Zen cards on the floor somewhere... When I kind of shake my daily routine and get kind of excited about my question, I find myself talking to myself, but not in the usual fashion. It doesn't feel like the answers are coming from anywhere else, but as soon as I say something, I can reply to myself. When I write these conversations down, they sound remarkably two sided. However, I just dismiss this as my way of contacting my higher guidance. I wonder if there's a way I could tune this in to channel other spirits? How do you do it? I've always been terribly interested in mediumship.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:05 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonpeeoh
Jaycee,

Something kinda like that happens with me, although I didn't really think of it as mediumship, although that seems a blatant oversight after reading this thread. When I want to find answers, I retreat into privacy and may just sit in the tub and meditate or play with Osho Zen cards on the floor somewhere... When I kind of shake my daily routine and get kind of excited about my question, I find myself talking to myself, but not in the usual fashion. It doesn't feel like the answers are coming from anywhere else, but as soon as I say something, I can reply to myself. When I write these conversations down, they sound remarkably two sided. However, I just dismiss this as my way of contacting my higher guidance. I wonder if there's a way I could tune this in to channel other spirits? How do you do it? I've always been terribly interested in mediumship.

sounds like you're 'tuning in' pretty well there already
Old 02-10-2006, 11:27 PM
Lapis

daisy,

Thank you for your input on this. I must have offended a few people with my poor choice of words. I said, "dead humans" when obviously I should have gotten more specific and said somthing like "dead physical bodies".

The main reason I've had such a hard time with all of these terms or names for all these different abilities is because I was born with many of them but just considered myself a "psychic"....a "sensitive". I've always seen things, heard things, remembered some past lives, talked with nonphysical beings and as I said, occasionally humans who've left their physical bodies and much more.

Just a couple months ago I was shopping in a Wal-Mart Super store (a huge loud busy store with lower prices so I shop there) and saw a very etheric looking man floating about 20 feet in the air in the middle of Wal-Mart. Because at this point it'd take a lot to rattle me metaphysically, I just telepathed at him while I continued pushing my shopping cart thinking how weird this was. He told me he was really hurt and frustrated that no one would talk with him! I replied that he was dead and most people can't even see him. He looked at me like I was crazy. I said I was sorry but there it was and he needed to get out of Wal-Mart and find some family or friends who'd also passed on so he'd have others to talk with and who could help him. End of conversation with (dead-passed over) guy floating in the air inside Wal-Mart.

I apologize again if this post offends some of the living here. If I've sounded disrespectful, too casual or uncaring or whatever, but this is just a tiny bit of what my real life is like each and every day. This story is mild actually. So in my hast and not clearly knowing what term means what in todays world, I messed up and didn't use the correct wording earlier.

In no way was all this directed at just you daisy, but I've felt that I offended some here and wanted to explain myself briefly. Again, thanks for taking the time to answer my original question.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:51 PM
Deactivated Account
lapis i wasn't offended, far from it, so don't worry about that. you was asking about mediums so i put my 2p in and just described what i believe a medium to be, i did find your choice of words (dead humans) a tad strange, but i didn't mean to come accross like i was 'telling you off' for it either. your last post fascinated me by the way you are one powerful medium.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:17 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycee
Hi all,

I have been trying to find out if the way I seem to communicate best with the spirit world is a common one, and if it has a name. The reason I've been doing this is because it's not how you would normally expect to contact spirit - i.e. clairvoyantly (seeing them) or clairaudiently (hearing them) - although I do get messages this way too, especially visions....

The way it normally happens with me is I try to tune in to the 'atmosphere' around me to sense spirit are there, and then quieten my mind as much as possible. I then ask a question about me/a situation/another person, and wait for a reply. The reply comes back in my own 'inner voice', although there can be subtle differences to the tone, but I have started to trust the reply as coming from spirit. I have recently been put to the test in my psychic development circle, and found what I receive to be accurate. I have also communicated with a friend's guide in the same way, and when I related the exact words he'd said to me, she said that was definately him, that's precisely the way he talks, and the phrases he would use!

I don't always receive it this way, but it is my main method, for now, at least!

I've done a bit of research, and the nearest description I can relate it to is clairsentience, or 'clear knowing'. Clairsentient mediums sense spirit around them, and pick up the thoughts of spirit in their own mind. They often don't describe themselves as mediums (tho they are!) but call themselves 'sensitives'.

Anyone?

i 'hear' in my own voice too, it can be quite frustrating and very difficult to trust it, i'm learning (i hope )
Old 21-12-2006, 06:03 PM
Roo

Sometimes I wish i was learning faster, and then i just want it all to stop, while I catch up.

But then as soon as I'm caught up, it goes to In sanity again. Half the time, I don't know whose words are Coming out of my Mouth.

The phone rings, knocks and thumps interrupt...and I just feel completely Blind. I'm not sure what it is I'm supposed to be saying, doing or even thinking.
Old 27-12-2006, 08:33 AM
marcpaul

WOW

so is spirits allover,

because i hardly leave my house, can they see me ? are they watching me now?.....

my ears ring like crazy sometimes, is that sign and i feel coolness on eyes

my ear a ringing hi pitch sound, i can hear this sound anytime i want, i just go lie down and suddenly when my thoughts slow down i feel like i am in a forest, i put a ear plug, and it gets worse everything is eeeeeeeing, sometimes very loud, its like ure trying to adjust a speaker and mic, the same tone but alittle bit more refine

what de heck that sound, someone please show me some light

Last edited by marcpaul : 27-12-2006 at 08:35 AM.
Old 27-12-2006, 10:02 PM
Lapis

marcpaul,

We'd been talking about the different things we've been hearing on the Spiritual forums. Lots of people have and still are hearing a wide variety of sounds, clicks, tones ect. You may find these other posts helpful or interesting.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1298
Closed Thread