Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Closed Thread

Old 21-02-2006, 12:30 PM
DASA

Meditative Experiences

I was wondering if people out there would like to share their own personal meditative experiences?

- Visions?
- Moments of Enlightenment?
- Finding a source of inner knowledge?
- Calming effects?
- Higher states of consciousness?
- Meditation inspired jokes?

Any unusual or interesting things people might have come across in their meditation times over the years ....

Did certain methods work better than others?
Did your initial mood effect the results?
Maybe things came to you more later-on during the day, than during any actual meditation sessions?

Best Wishes & Gouranga,

Das
Old 20-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Nachtmusik

The last vision I remember was probably a higher state of consciousness too as I saw myself, I guess a higher self, draped in a blue robe and wearing a pointed silver hat. Not quite like a witch hat because it didn't have a brim, just a silver cone on top of my head really. I was shown lots of triangles and pyramids and lots of red and white. I perceived it as meaning that my mind, body, and spirit were slowly becoming one and becoming ready for traveling life's journey to the fullest. I've had three OBE's while meditating and the first two were very scary. I was sitting up as sitting seems to work better for me than lying down, and I just felt my spirit escape my body and everything in my body started tingling and getting hot and heavy. I leaned forward abruptly to snap myself back together and then broke out sweating bullets. It was very hard to move to lie down and get under the covers and go to sleep, but I accomplished it. My third was in my yoga class and I felt my spirit leaving my body and reaching for a yellow globe of stars and could see the form of it growing from a dot to a light all over my field of vision. I was called back by my yoga teacher's voice though and still did not know how to entirely snap out of it because I had to lean against the walls when standing up and walking to the restroom. All i can say is definitely ground and center before going into deep meditation, and cleanse yourself a few days a week (I know a good cleansing technique, it's just long and I've already made a long post so far)
Closed Thread