Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 07-05-2017, 06:35 PM
Master
The spread I use is indicated for use in my card manual.

The spread is in the shape of a big cross. It takes up quite a bit of space in front of me.

II
--LL--
--LL-- Sort of like this here. A big cross.
II

I have grown accustomed to it. While yes at the beginning I did worry quite a bit that it may be too many cards for me to handle. This is normal when we are just starting out. I didn't quite know at the time how to read the cards and wondered if this big cross spread was too many cards. I would often comment internally- Well this seems like a lot of cards to use... is this too many?

So I practiced, and as I practiced I became better at feeling the energy of the cards and the spread set up itself. And, therefore I began to build confidence.

There is no such thing as too many cards. It all depends on what you feel comfortable with. That is what is important. If you feel more able to read with a small 3 card spread- past, present, future, or a number of 5 or 6 card pull of the cards that jump out at you, then this is fine.
Some people like a simpler spread or number of cards, some like myself like elaborate spreads and a multitude of cards. It depends on the person and what they are comfortable with.

Also Astro, you do not have to go by the book and stick with the manual if you do not wish to.

There was a time I had experimented with a pencil and paper and drew out my own handmade card spreads. I decided to try it as an exercise to see if I could make my own and to see how I liked them. I lost all that paperwork years ago, but there is no reason I couldn't start from scratch and try again sometime. It may be fun to do again. So keep that in mind as well, trust what makes you feel comfortable and let your creativity flow.

Best of luck to you, and many blessings along your path.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:13 PM
Guide

oh, i didn't think of what Saturnine said.

so, if the spread is meant to have 15 cards, then of course, 15 is not too many cards.
the answer should be pretty clear.

but i personally think that pulling extra 15 cards let's say, is too many,or overdoing it. the answer could get lost.

generally the booklets that come with the cards are a starting point. a guide.

i remember having this little booklet with an oracle deck [i gave away] and it had 3 sample spreads. one used all the cards. another used the cards in 3 diamond shaped figures [13 in total?], and then there was a wheel of fortune spread.
i had no issues reading the diamond spread, it was more difficult with the whole deck and i could never get the wheel of fortune one. [it worked only when i was asking silly questions and never serious ones - the irony of it,lol]

a 3 card reading with that deck worked like a charm.. or 1 card readings. it didnt really work with 5 cards though.

i hope this little experience will help you in the future.
[ps: make sure you get used to the meaning of the cards before doing spreads - it will be easier ;) ]
Old 08-05-2017, 03:14 PM
Suspended
The way of reading I was using was open, there was no limit mentioned to the number of cards that should be drawn.I don't think that was right for me.

I'll keep that in mind though & look for a method with a limit next time I practice.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 19-05-2017, 12:50 AM
Newbie ;)

A jumper might be important if it actually, mysteriously seemed to jump for no known reason. If you simply dropped cards, messed up bridging after a riffle shuffle, or similar, jumpers mean nothing IME.
Old 29-07-2017, 05:22 AM
Seeker

It depends on the reading some readings require up to 36 cards if you a doing a yearly spread 3 cards per month .... but if you are doing a daily or monthly spread there can be a time when you suddenly feel the reading does not make sense with so many cards... so gather them back up and ask the question clearly.. maybe there wasn't clarity in the question hence you got so many cards...
Old 31-07-2017, 11:50 AM
Newbie ;)

based on my experience, it depends on the deck and whether you are attuned closely to that deck or not. so far, my most talkative deck is the sacred circle tarot. on first draw (i normally do quick 3 tarot spreads), i won't get the message. normally, the deck will just give me a brief overview of the situation or something else i need to know prior to the deck answers the question. when i draw another set of 3 it may or may not answer again but i'll draw 3's again until i get something sound.