Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 19-12-2016, 02:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinayaka
Me, I'm just mumbling, bumbling and stumbling along somewhere below stage 1.
Always the humble one, aren't you?

I should take a leaf out of your book...one day.

Instead I tend to be SF's most controversial figure.

Spiritually, I am a 'jack of all trades and master of none'.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 19-12-2016, 07:13 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Always the humble one, aren't you?

I should take a leaf out of your book...one day.

Instead I tend to be SF's most controversial figure.

Spiritually, I am a 'jack of all trades and master of none'.

Aum Namah Shivaya

All jesting aside, I actually don't think (from my observation) many people know where they are on this sojourn, nor should it be a focus. The focus should be any iota of self-improvement from whatever point you are.

I've seen both extremes, very humble people do amazing things, and the self claimed prophets to some very stupid things. So who knows, really?
Old 03-02-2017, 07:29 AM
Master
Namaste.

I was just going into Yoga Nidra this afternoon, when a transmission came through and I had to snap out of it and post this:

Yama = Mooladhara Chakra
Foundation of spiritual practice (Sadhana) and Intent. Relates to moral virtues as they apply to the sanctity of life and the undertaking of Sadhana as a discipline or austerity (tapasya).

Niyama = Swadisthana Chakra
Purification and wholeness of body and mind (represented by the 'sexual guilt-self') as a prerequisite for single pointed focus without distraction. Delineates the dharma of grihastha vs varnasrama/sanyas.

Asana = Manipura Chakra
This is associated with kriya or 'doing'. By practicing hatha yoga, the nerves (nara/nadi) becomes more resilient and tempered to withstand greater energy. Manipura is associated with ahamkara or ego and Asana is one of the best ways of subjugating the ego through physical discipline.

Pranayama = Anahata Chakra
Breath is associated with the whole cardio vascular system. Without breathing, the heart stops and without the heart, so does breath. By slowing both down, it quietens the thought process. Once breath and heart are in rhythm, Anahata Sounds can be heard.

Pratyahara = Vishuddhi Chakra
Being able to withdraw or detach from sensory arousal, leads to an experience where we 'turn within' and start examining personal truths, beliefs, concepts and ideologies and how that relates to the external world view. It is the seat of antakharana or 'inner instrument' and it forms the bridge between the lower and higher facilities of mental functioning.

Dharana = Ajna Chakra
The previous was about sensory withdrawal, but Dharana is a whole mental/mind withdrawal from association with thoughts or the consequence thereof (Vritti). It is a change in the focus of awareness from an external source to an internal one, often represented by 'seeing things a different way' and is why people say they 'see' instead of they 'understand'.

Dhyana = Bindu Chakra
Dhyana is that moment in meditation or spiritual practice where the nectar of bliss or Soma is released and Soma is stored in the Bindu Chakra. It is the point where all the main nerves or nadis converge and any excess prana flows out through the nose upon exhalation. Dhyan or Bindu represents the final point or 'dot' just before the stage of full spiritual unfolding or Samadhi. It is the last point of contact between the evident and the transcendent.

Samadhi = Sahasrara Chakra
This would be quite obvious, as the kundalini energy reaching this chakra leads to that most sublime and indescribable state of bliss. There is nothing that can happen 'after' this because there is no 'after'. It is wholly conclusive within itself.

Thank you for reading.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 03-02-2017, 07:46 AM
Master
Don't mind me. I just like to be a 'fly on the wall' in the discussions between Patanjali, Swami Svatmarama and Shankaracharya.
Old 04-02-2017, 06:57 PM
Guide

Thanks Necro, I'd never thought of it as this way before. Certainly, both the Yamas, and the Muladhara are thought of as 'the starting points'. It also reaffirms the view that it's more progressive stages, than it is limbs, although some folks may disagree with that interpretation too.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinayaka
Thanks Necro, I'd never thought of it as this way before. Certainly, both the Yamas, and the Muladhara are thought of as 'the starting points'. It also reaffirms the view that it's more progressive stages, than it is limbs, although some folks may disagree with that interpretation too.
Thank you too, Vinayaka. It blew me away a bit as well.

After long agonising stuff surrounding just trying to communicate with people, or making threads and talking about why others behave/act the way they do...when there is no answer for it, so I am chasing my tail in the attempt to pursue some kind of rationality...

I understand now that this is what I am meant to do and nothing else...nothing else, but talk about yoga.

Om Namah Shivay