Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 25-04-2016, 01:13 PM
Experiencer

Forgiveness and Hinduism

In Christianity Jesus died for the forgiveness of sins. I'm curious as to how people in Hinduism find their forgiveness? Is there a ritual? An act done by another such as the other forgives you like a catholic priest? A prayer?
Old 01-06-2016, 03:50 PM
Deactivated Account

You read Bhagavad Gita, Chapter 16, verse 3

But revenge is not from karma india.
It is the old testament the old bible.
an eye for an eye.
Before the birth of Jesus.
Because people could not choose to be pro Jesus.
God made people feel what they do. But god is still that way.
it is nor really revenge. not on purpose.
now christians say that is wrong but that is not wrong.
Sometimes it is they only way people will understand something.
so it is gods nature.
only when we are enlightened. Only when we understand we can start the path ourselves of forgiving , but yet we harm no more. a real christian does do no harm to others because it understands it hurts the other.

You need a new awareness.
in christ we renew in awareness.

in other words they allready understand what hurts others and do it no more. so they live aware. but who live not aware understand only gods nature. but it is better then have no form of connection or communication.

That is why they say before or after Christ. That makes the difference.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirisilex
In Christianity Jesus died for the forgiveness of sins. I'm curious as to how people in Hinduism find their forgiveness? Is there a ritual? An act done by another such as the other forgives you like a catholic priest? A prayer?
In my observation in Hinduism it is more about tolerance and forbearance than forgiveness.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:40 PM
Guide

I don't think we even have such a concept. The paradigms are just so different. We don't have 'sin' as a concept, so it follows that 'forgiven for our sins' also can't be a concept.

Still, we can not be too hard on ourselves for our own ignorance, which causes paapa. But no outside force can forgive us. Karma is the judge.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:47 PM
Edit: I see Vinayaka and I were typing at the same time...

And for me, from what I know of Hinduism...they do not buy
into that there was anything to forgive in the first place
!
That was/is a Judeo-Christian concept.

Think of Me at your last breath and you will come to Me.

Anyone know where in the Gita that is?

Even if the man with the most vile conduct worships Me with
undivided devotion, he is to be thought of as righteous...
Ch9 v30

...those who worship Me with devotion are in me, and I in them. v 29

See? No 'saving' with a barbaric, primitive blood sacrifice...as I have said before
that is similar to throwing virgins in a Volcano!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-11-2016, 03:55 PM

Lord Krishna says about the best quality to achieve him:

Know this O seeker, that the dearest quality to me is compassion. Whether a person is a saint or a sinner, if he or she is able to develop compassion for all beings in the creation, I reward them with Bhakti or faith.

Compassion means a firm resolve not to hurt any other being in this universe and help others as much as possible. Compassion means not betraying anyone’s faith. Compassion means being patient, truthful and at any cost without envy for anyone.

If someone lives a life of compassion, he or she becomes dear to me and I never desert him or her.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:07 AM
Suspended
Knower

Hinduism evokes the Law of Karma, of cause and effect. Yet being unable to discover all the causes leading up to the unfortunate effect, it is difficult to assign blame and therefore to engage in forgiveness.

In fact from the Karmic perspective, everything that happens to us is the result of our own past actions in this or some previous life. As such, it is more skillful to acknowledge the impermanence of the transgression and let go.

Letting it go (forgiveness) prevents it from causing continued suffering in the present.