Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > The Sanctuary

Old 15-12-2019, 06:32 PM
Knower

Caregiving

Years ago, I was placed in a position of looking after an aged relative who was temporarily unable to function physically on his own. Although this experience had been somewhat a burdensome one, there was a part of me that knew I was fulfilling a spiritual mission of sorts, if not truly doing the Lord’s work, so to speak.

If there are angels among us, they most likely take the form of nurses and caregivers. These ones perform a useful service like none other. They generally do not have any theology to offer. Instead, they intervene and provide genuine assistance in the here-and-now. What they do can be or is often a challenge, but on another level, as I’m sure most of them would admit, a privilege and delight beyond compare.

I have never considered religiosity and especially me-ism to be in any way godly. Selflessness – particularly in the form of directly assisting others in their time of need – is where it’s at, and I say this fully aware that I am no saint in this regard; that there’s always room for improvement.

It is something which many a guru, “superconscious” solipsist, and proselytizer fails in understanding.
Old 15-12-2019, 11:11 PM
Administrator
A lot of truth is spoken here especially to those that see it.
Everyone we meet on our journey through life can teach us something.
I know a lot of nurses through my journey,since i have been a frequent patient,

I myself have always worked with people, been a care worker for the majority of my life.when i was not working i was looking after friends until they passed.it was hard work at times,
but i loved it.
i have helped a lot of people who would not be where they are now, if i hadn't helped.
i do it because i want to do it.i dont class myself as anything other than what i am.

Namaste
Old 17-12-2019, 10:05 AM
Master
Nice to read about 2 nice souls.

I commend both of you for your fine work.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜