Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 05-12-2020, 08:28 PM
Seeker

Seeing people before sleep

I wonder if this is the beginning of being a medium? I and my mother both has had this experience. Just right before sleep, it's where you almost asleep, I and my mother will see people in our mind that we don't know. It's like a person will pop up then disappear and a different person will pop up. This will happen for a long time before falling asleep. Has anyone experienced this before? Could this be part of being a medium?
Old 06-12-2020, 12:30 AM
Experiencer
mediumistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo95
I wonder if this is the beginning of being a medium? I and my mother both has had this experience. Just right before sleep, it's where you almost asleep, I and my mother will see people in our mind that we don't know. It's like a person will pop up then disappear and a different person will pop up. This will happen for a long time before falling asleep. Has anyone experienced this before? Could this be part of being a medium?
i
d say it could be a beginning i asked many people relations etc when they go to sleep at night do they dream about strangers or people they don't now they said no. ive dreamt of many people i don't know id say yes these could be departed people but what you've also have to remember you can dream future events but they dont always come in a logical order when ive had spirit contact its usually just before i wake and in session training which gives it an whole new aspect
Old 07-12-2020, 05:17 AM
asearcher

Yes, happen all the time, think you are both reaching the meditative state before actual sleep. I can't offer an explaination for it, wish I knew for sure, all I can give you are my own experiences.

Now and then during sleep but remember it so not so deeply asleep I either visit or am visited by someone I don't know, but mostly places, houses I am drawn to, been like this all my life, too in a waked but relax state suddenly I see a picture in my head - flashbacks - of some home and often someone close by, like a knid of energy, person.

I feel kind of cheated by my background. Turns out some old people on both my parents side were considered very spiritual, one had visions but of the future and would warn, was very good at it, said my dad even if he never ever discussed this topic other times, mom was the same, she could describe the looks and personality of someone she had never even met, and it has left me a little confused at to what is going on with my brain with these visions as she the next second refuse to say anything else about it, like I had just caught her doing it, you know. Mostly I have had past life memories visions that turns out to be correct.

Do you feel touched when about to sleep or during sleep? Could be that energy, entities? They see us as a glow when we meditate. Me and my child has this alot.

Think they can tell if you are sensitive to energies?

I can't say I have visions of the future, but often I feel things and I can feel the opposite of what other people think at the moment and even if I say something they don't buy it and then go ahead and do it and it turns out like I felt it would.

Last edited by asearcher : 07-12-2020 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-12-2020, 09:52 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I wonder if this is the beginning of being a medium?
Who knows but if so it could still be a long ways down the road before you are.
Quote:
I and my mother both has had this experience. Just right before sleep, it's where you almost asleep, I and my mother will see people in our mind that we don't know. It's like a person will pop up then disappear and a different person will pop up. This will happen for a long time before falling asleep. Has anyone experienced this before? Could this be part of being a medium?
To answer the last question first, who knows? What you're referring to isn't necessarily the beginnings of mediumship but might be your developing and emerging psychic awareness. Psychic awareness, however, isn't the same as mediumship or becoming a medium.....
Old 07-12-2020, 09:15 PM
Administrator
i Would have to agree with Bobjob here we all have psychic abilities
but not all psychics are mediums

Namaste
Old 14-12-2020, 01:30 AM
Seeker

We should empower our abilities and we would be able to see more

My Psychic Online
Old 14-12-2020, 07:14 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychicPower
We should empower our abilities and we would be able to see more

maybe.............
Old 08-01-2021, 05:16 AM
Experiencer

Quote:

There is a place between wakefulness and sleep that is primetime for seeing strange things, but not always just with your mind's eye.

Often, it starts because of a change. Some type of STE or dark night of the soul. Something happens that somehow changes perception or energy...either draws phenomena in, or draws it out (maybe both).

Sometimes it goes on from there and interferes with waking life, and with others around you.

If things ever get out of control, all of this yields easily to simple banishment.
Old 15-01-2021, 10:30 AM
Experiencer
Meditative State

Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
Yes, happen all the time, think you are both reaching the meditative state before actual sleep. I can't offer an explaination for it, wish I knew for sure, all I can give you are my own experiences.

Now and then during sleep but remember it so not so deeply asleep I either visit or am visited by someone I don't know, but mostly places, houses I am drawn to, been like this all my life, too in a waked but relax state suddenly I see a picture in my head - flashbacks - of some home and often someone close by, like a knid of energy, person.

I feel kind of cheated by my background. Turns out some old people on both my parents side were considered very spiritual, one had visions but of the future and would warn, was very good at it, said my dad even if he never ever discussed this topic other times, mom was the same, she could describe the looks and personality of someone she had never even met, and it has left me a little confused at to what is going on with my brain with these visions as she the next second refuse to say anything else about it, like I had just caught her doing it, you know. Mostly I have had past life memories visions that turns out to be correct.

Do you feel touched when about to sleep or during sleep? Could be that energy, entities? They see us as a glow when we meditate. Me and my child has this alot.

I can't say I have visions of the future, but often I feel things and I can feel the opposite of what other people think at the moment and even if I say something they don't buy it and then go ahead and do it and it turns out like I felt it would.

Yes id agree mediatise states alter ones perception to almost trance like state you can go very deep into meditation were you have to very slowly bring your self back to a grounded normality going into deeper meditation can be unsettling to some but it is also very refreshing. i think a lot of people see people they don't know in dreams its just forgotten or dismissed
Old 15-01-2021, 10:30 AM
Experiencer
Meditative State

Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher

Yes id agree mediatise states alter ones perception to almost trance like state you can go very deep into meditation were you have to very slowly bring your self back to a grounded normality going into deeper meditation can be unsettling to some but it is also very refreshing. i think a lot of people see people they don't know in dreams its just forgotten or dismissed