Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Neville

Hello WhiteShaman

Quote:
Death I don’t have any real feelings about………but dying, I do.

I cannot (yet) think of any pleasant way of dying either, I am asking about what we think or feel just beyond the threshold has in store
Old 13-01-2011, 08:06 PM
tragblack

Sometimes, the reality of the fact that I will have to go through the process of dying really hits me hard.

Being dead doesn't really scare me, but the idea of becoming parted permanently with my body in some painful way does.
Old 13-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Neville

Hello tragblack,

The process itself has no allure to me either
Old 13-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Hello WhiteShaman

I cannot (yet) think of any pleasant way of dying either, I am asking about what we think or feel just beyond the threshold has in store

Ok....I really don't have any thoughts that there is anything beyond this. I kinda see my life as life living as me. I see this life that is living as me as eternal but as for it's experience as me, I see that coming to an end.
Its effects of living as me, I feel, will be around for a long time.
If there is one thing that spiritual forums have taught me, it is this. There cannot be anything better than this life that an afterlife can offer as long as we are there.
The potential for heaven is here and if it goes on after this then it will be the potential for heaven that goes on and with that comes the potential for something other than heaven.
Essentially what we have today. Here and now.
James
Old 13-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Master
I think this is interesting from Ricky Gervais, who is obviously very comical but also I think a deep thinker of things.

“No, I don’t fear death. I fear dying. If someone said there’s a new law that says you’ll never know when you’re going to die and you’ll always die in your sleep, what an amazing life you’d have! It’s fear of knowing.''
Old 13-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Seeker

I echo WhiteShaman's thoughts. Must admit that I do look forward to going home, but the thought of the experience itself has at times put me to panic. If I knew that I could go quickly and be gone before my physical body hit the deck then there would be no worries.

A tv programme I have seen a number of times really put the frighteners on me, it was about NDE's. Most of the suicide attempts had a very frightening experience of the underworld, most of the accidental experiences were of love, light and loved one's, but some of the accidental also had bad experiences which freaks me out.

When my mum passed and came through very strongly only a few days later via a medium, the experience was so perfect - she said that she 'couldn't get over the silence' and that she had joined up with x,y and z and that she was looking forward to a 'home coming party' which was being arranged. This, I could live with.
Old 13-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Master
The other day a woman was on Oprah whose 3 children were killed in a car accident and a year later (I think) she had triplets. I didn’t see it but people who did were in tears.
I mention this because stories like this (and I have my own personal ones) put all my thoughts about life and death in their place........small
Old 13-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
I wonder how many babies who are in the process of being born feel fear? Do they feel the same fear that people feel when they are dying? I bet they do, because it's a birth just like death is. Death is a birth. Spiritlite

Wow! Good stuff! Never looked at birth compared to death that way.

Thankyou White Shaman I've oftened wondered about that thought above.
Old 13-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Master
The fear of the dying process can be a pain to think about.. you don't know how it will happen, what pain you will be in, and for how long.
Nobody knows what will happen when we die, so the fear of death itself is justifiable.

Some think it will be oblivion, but is that non-awareness that scary? We do it every night while sleeping (non-dream state)..
Old 13-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Master
I'm one of those "brainwashed" ones Chrysaetos, thanks for the slam of me and my beliefs.

I don't think I'll contribute my thoughts here after all.