Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 23-10-2015, 10:09 AM
Master
Sushumna and brahmanadi

Does anyone have any more information about brahmanadi and its agni (fire) quality? I’ve googled it but have not been able to find any more detailed information than this.

I understand that Ida, pingala, and the first two layers of sushumna – vajra nadi and chitrini nadi, are all associated with moon or sun energies. Fully released kundalini energy is not meant to travel up any of these polarised nadi’s, but instead needs to be directed to travel up only the most central nadi in sushumna, brahmanadi.

This amounts to the ‘serpent fire’ energy kundalini travelling upwards through the fire nadi brahmanadi. I’d like to know more.
Old 23-10-2015, 04:23 PM
Suspended
There are many yoga books on this mainly written by Indian swamis. Something like:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kundalini-Ta...ds=tantra+yoga

These books tend to have fairly clear information (although often divergent when compared) on the topics connected to kundalini yoga. For a good, solid contextual study I would recommend Georg Feuerstein (especially his The Yoga Tradition compendium):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tantra-Path-...org+feuerstein

On the ground, many adepts and practitioners will say that tantra cannot be studied in books (in fact it is disrespectful and dangerous to do so) and that you need a bona fide guru to transmit the teachings properly. I do have a lot of sympathy for this view. Practice on your foundation, still the mind, and work on the other things later when/if the opportunity arises...
Old 19-11-2015, 12:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardhanareshvara
Does anyone have any more information about brahmanadi and its agni (fire) quality? I’ve googled it but have not been able to find any more detailed information than this.

I understand that Ida, pingala, and the first two layers of sushumna – vajra nadi and chitrini nadi, are all associated with moon or sun energies. Fully released kundalini energy is not meant to travel up any of these polarised nadi’s, but instead needs to be directed to travel up only the most central nadi in sushumna, brahmanadi.

This amounts to the ‘serpent fire’ energy kundalini travelling upwards through the fire nadi brahmanadi. I’d like to know more.
Namaste.

I'll try and explain it simply (as simply as I can) The Vajra Nadi 'fire quality/sun quality' is associated with the Pingala Nadi and the Chitrini/cooling/moon quality is associated with the Ida Nadi. Both are super-imposed upon Shusumna (central Brahmanadi) like layers with a 'positive' and 'negative' charge within the Pranamaya Kosha or (energy sheath).

This is why, Pranayama is recommended to balance these energies, with prana (air-energy) flowing through the left nostril to represent 'Ida force' and prana flowing through the right nostril to represent 'Pingala Force'. The best method of balancing the energy of these Nadis is called Anuloma Viloma, Nadi Shodhana or alternate-nostril breathing, combined with Sutra and Jal Neti and also abdominal exercises called Nauli Kriya and bhastrika.

The aim is to clear and open the 3 Granthis 'psychic blocks' and guide Mother Kundalini along the most direct route, but She can also 'favour' one of the other nadis (Ida or Pingala) in the process of Divine Ascension.

All energies must be made 'quiet' and brought into balance before this can occur.

All the ascending Nadis meet at the 'Bindu Chakra' which is just below Sahashrara Chakra. The Bindu (Point Chakra) is responsible for producing a cooling intoxicant called 'Soma' (Moon essence/bliss potion/whatever)...now, this Chakra is located deep within the dormant Pineal Gland, and certain Yogis perform a ritual called Khechari Mudra to sever the frenum linguae muscle under their tongue, so they can place their tongues up the back of their nose and into their brain, so they can release this Soma Veerya (cooling moon juice) and cool down a 'fiery Kundalini' as the result of too much Pingala energy before She reaches the Sahashrara Chakra.

Personally, I would not go that far.

Anyway, I hope I helped out and there may be more I forgot to add, but that's all that comes to mind right now.

(Except I hope these guys come back and read this).lol

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 20-11-2015, 02:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Namaste.

I'll try and explain it simply (as simply as I can) The Vajra Nadi 'fire quality/sun quality' is associated with the Pingala Nadi and the Chitrini/cooling/moon quality is associated with the Ida Nadi. Both are super-imposed upon Shusumna (central Brahmanadi) like layers with a 'positive' and 'negative' charge within the Pranamaya Kosha or (energy sheath).

This is why, Pranayama is recommended to balance these energies, with prana (air-energy) flowing through the left nostril to represent 'Ida force' and prana flowing through the right nostril to represent 'Pingala Force'. The best method of balancing the energy of these Nadis is called Anuloma Viloma, Nadi Shodhana or alternate-nostril breathing, combined with Sutra and Jal Neti and also abdominal exercises called Nauli Kriya and bhastrika.

The aim is to clear and open the 3 Granthis 'psychic blocks' and guide Mother Kundalini along the most direct route, but She can also 'favour' one of the other nadis (Ida or Pingala) in the process of Divine Ascension.

All energies must be made 'quiet' and brought into balance before this can occur.

All the ascending Nadis meet at the 'Bindu Chakra' which is just below Sahashrara Chakra. The Bindu (Point Chakra) is responsible for producing a cooling intoxicant called 'Soma' (Moon essence/bliss potion/whatever)...now, this Chakra is located deep within the dormant Pineal Gland, and certain Yogis perform a ritual called Khechari Mudra to sever the frenum linguae muscle under their tongue, so they can place their tongues up the back of their nose and into their brain, so they can release this Soma Veerya (cooling moon juice) and cool down a 'fiery Kundalini' as the result of too much Pingala energy before She reaches the Sahashrara Chakra.

Personally, I would not go that far.

Anyway, I hope I helped out and there may be more I forgot to add, but that's all that comes to mind right now.

(Except I hope these guys come back and read this).lol

Aum Namah Shivaya

Thanks Necromancer. Do you know anything about brahmanadi?
Old 20-11-2015, 03:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Thanks Necromancer. Do you know anything about brahmanadi?
Namaste,

Not much other than what I previously mentioned, but I thought that would be pretty comprehensive.

Do you have any specific questions in mind? maybe we could try it that way.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 20-11-2015, 10:18 PM
Master
From what I know, within vajra nadi is chitrini nadi, and within chitrini nadi is brahmanadi. Brahmanadi is fundamentally different to vajra and chitrini as well as ida and pingala. I'm interested in brahmanadi specifically. The most central channel.
Old 20-11-2015, 11:12 PM
Ascender
Quote:
I'm interested in brahmanadi specifically.
Why? You already know that kundalini has to be raised through sushumna, then what's the point of dissecting it even further?

Quote:
sever the frenum linguae muscle under their tongue
I think talabya kriya is more natural way. Not saying that I recommend it over surgically cutting the muscle, but just sharing an alternative way, AFAIK.

Quote:
abdominal exercises called Nauli Kriya and bhastrika
How can you call bhastrika as an abdominal exercise? IMO it's technically just hyperventilation.
Old 20-11-2015, 11:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
How can you call bhastrika as an abdominal exercise? IMO it's technically just hyperventilation.
Namaste.

That was a grammatical error.
I think more emphasis should have been placed on the 'and' before it. lol

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 20-11-2015, 11:46 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Namaste.

That was a grammatical error.
I think more emphasis should have been placed on the 'and' before it. lol

Aum Namah Shivaya

Namaste.

"and" was fine; "abdominal exercises" is plural ma'am

"abdominal exercises called Nauli Kriya and bhastrika"
vs
"abdominal exercise called Nauli Kriya and bhastrika"

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 20-11-2015, 11:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
Namaste.

"and" was fine; "abdominal exercises" is plural ma'am

"abdominal exercises called Nauli Kriya and bhastrika"
vs
"abdominal exercise called Nauli Kriya and bhastrika"

Aum Namah Shivaya
Namaste.

Okay, call it a 'brain fart' then...we all have them especially when discussing such a sensitive issue as Laya Yoga.

I'm not perfect (but parts of me are excellent).

Aum Namah Shivaya