Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 07-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Deactivated Account

Indigo parent-child role reversal

I often feel like the parent-child roles are reversed in my family dynamic. I look back and realise that I've always been the one guiding my mother, even before I was aware of myself and who I was.. before I started searching and realising.. before I even knew what I was talking about ..I was always the one guiding her.

I was wondering how common this is, and how many other Indigo children feel like they're the one guiding their parents, and not the other way round? My mother always comes to me for advice.. she always asks me for my opinion.. she always trusts what I say.. she sees my gift in me and tells me I'm the wisest person she's ever met...

Most children go to their parents for support.. instead my mother comes to me for support. It's very weird.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:53 PM
Master
I Can relate to this Scarlett. But me and My mom We don't get along very well, we fight a lot. I Don't know If This happens to you? She oftens starts discussions without sense and for simple things she makes a tempest of it.
She knows who i am because someone told me who i am. I think she does not acept very well this thing! She is complicated and i am complicated too. Cause i don't shut up in a middle of discussions.

I think she was not prepared to receive me. I like her of course as she has so much strainght, i find some balance in her at the same time. It was me that maked the things moving to reunite our family * long story*. It was me that saved her from living in hell. We kind balance each other in some way.

If you want to Feel free to Pm.

Blessings :-)
Old 08-12-2014, 01:00 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanna83.
I Can relate to this Scarlett. But me and My mom We don't get along very well, we fight a lot. I Don't know If This happens to you? She oftens starts discussions without sense and for simple things she makes a tempest of it.
She knows who i am because someone told me who i am. I think she does not acept very well this thing! She is complicated and i am complicated too. Cause i don't shut up in a middle of discussions.

I think she was not prepared to receive me. I like her of course as she has so much strainght, i find some balance in her at the same time. It was me that maked the things moving to reunite our family * long story*. It was me that saved her from living in hell. We kind balance each other in some way.

If you want to Feel free to Pm.

Me and my mother are like best friends.. but my stepdad was the one in my family who caused the trouble. I hear it's common for Indigo's to have dysfunctional families.

You said you were the one to reunite your family.. I was the one who got my mother and stepdad to divorce. I was fed up of the way he treated us.. So I started things moving to get him out.

We as Indigos have a lot of power, and I don't think we realise how much. I have worried I may cause destruction with it instead of creation.. but then I remember creation and destruction go hand in hand. :)

Thanks for sharing.. nice to hear from other Indigos!
Old 08-12-2014, 03:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
Me and my mother are like best friends.. but my stepdad was the one in my family who caused the trouble. I hear it's common for Indigo's to have dysfunctional families.

You said you were the one to reunite your family.. I was the one who got my mother and stepdad to divorce. I was fed up of the way he treated us.. So I started things moving to get him out.

We as Indigos have a lot of power, and I don't think we realise how much. I have worried I may cause destruction with it instead of creation.. but then I remember creation and destruction go hand in hand. :)

Thanks for sharing.. nice to hear from other Indigos!

So true. My Family is disfunctional. I Love My Family but i don't Have or don't feel connection with them. But i love having a stable relashionship with my family. Makes things more easy to support. We spent 4 Years and a half without talking. My mother has 3 sisters. They cut up the relashionship with because of things from the past. 2 of them stopped talking to My mother 4 Years ago. They just don't know how to solve things and close the cycles. But recently this year all things got back together. But has i said it was me that moved things for them to start talking. One of them still don't talk for years. But i have the feeling that someday all the 4 sisters will get united again. All things are open to this way with more 3 or 4 Years...

Beeing an Indigo with this Family is not easy different frequencys. Anyway i am grateful for this year.
There are a lot of worst cases.

You're right. We Have a lot of power i still sometimes neglet this. I guess it's because i Only in my whole life suffered a lot and didin't See Happiness yet. I need a retirament. :)

Blessings to you. Thanks for sharing your experience. It is great We can talk in the same language. :-)

J.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:02 PM
Deactivated Account

Apart from my mother (who is a soul-connection) I don't feel much of a connection with my family either. Or with anyone actually.. do you feel like that too? That it's hard to feel connected to anyone?

I hope all four of the sisters will get back together again! If you feel it it's probably true... we have strong intuitions.

I think you will be okay.. happiness will come in time :)
Old 09-12-2014, 06:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Apart from my mother (who is a soul-connection) I don't feel much of a connection with my family either. Or with anyone actually.. do you feel like that too? That it's hard to feel connected to anyone?

I hope all four of the sisters will get back together again! If you feel it it's probably true... we have strong intuitions.

I think you will be okay.. happiness will come in time :)

The problem is i don't feel connected to Any members of My Family. (Now)
I am all alone in this. But i Love My Family, Just want everything like the way it used to be. I guess the only person who i felt connected was my grandma (mother of the 4 sisters) who pass away in many years ago and i saw her after that in dreams. The one who mark me inside was that i asked God for an encounter with her and weeks or months later i had a vivid dream of her and i was hugging her she was Dressed in white with some members wich i didn't recognized them But They were all in white and i saw a person arriving with a huge Smile on his face and the dream end.

We truly Have some huge intuitions. That's true. But funny Here in the forum i Can't Make a reading. I need to feel the person live. Only like that i can read them and gettin inside their feelings. Sometimes i think I'm going Crazy.

It's all part of This. Thank you for listening me and it's so Good to share our testimonials.

J.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:37 PM
Ascender

Quote:
I often feel like the parent-child roles are reversed in my family dynamic. I look back and realise that I've always been the one guiding my mother, even before I was aware of myself and who I was.. before I started searching and realising.. before I even knew what I was talking about ..I was always the one guiding her.

I was wondering how common this is, and how many other Indigo children feel like they're the one guiding their parents, and not the other way round? My mother always comes to me for advice.. she always asks me for my opinion.. she always trusts what I say.. she sees my gift in me and tells me I'm the wisest person she's ever met...

Most children go to their parents for support.. instead my mother comes to me for support. It's very weird.

I don't know about Indigo children specifically, and I don't consider myself to be one. But I do feel that in general it is true that the roles not clear-cut (I don't consider it "reversed"), not only about guidance, but about love in general.

I think societal expectation is that the parents are the ones to have unconditional love for their child. This is usually not the case. Parental love is sometimes conditional. At other times, there is simply no love. More ironically, it is the child who shows love to the parents. And sometimes the child gives love unconditionally.

Overall, I see everyone as equals, regardless of age or any other hierarchy. So that's why I didn't say roles are "reversed", in the sense that, relationships are not supposed to be hierarchical.

W.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:32 PM
Master
I posted this the other day in another thread by accident, people are drawn to the things they lack.

People are drawn to positivity, and somebody with a vision. I guess you suit this criteria. Everybody in life is craving a vision, and they will be drawn to people who seem to have their own vision. The media is always trying to plant ideas in people's minds who don't have a vision and they are easily manipulated.

Also everybody needs a champion in life, i guess you may be your Mum's champion
Old 25-02-2015, 10:50 PM
jesbell13

Hello ScarlettHayden,

Yes i very much feel i have guided and taught my mother... unlike you, now that i am aware she mostly doesnt like it... she is not ready to change and doesn't appreciate me constantly shining the light on things... my mum would prefer to live her ignorantly blissful life... and i get that... but it has come to the point where she will even avoid conversation with me.

so yeah also feel totally like a triangle in a family of squares.

it can be so lonely sometimes... i wonder what the reason for this disconnected ness is... to show the importance for connectedness?

but the more i read these forums and posts the more happy i am to be here.

thanx for starting this thread :)
Old 05-03-2015, 10:07 PM
CrimsonandClover

I don't feel connected to anyone in my family. Never have. To be honest, I'm rather the black sheep of the family. Everyone in my family is Christian Republican. And I'm just simply spiritual who doesn't believe in political parties. I don't know what I am, I guess that's not very important to me right now. I did come from a dysfunctional family, controlling and whatnot. But from a perspective, I felt my mother's loneliness, which reflected my own. I could relate to her very well, which frightened me at a certain point in my life. Now I sympathize and have compassion for her and wish things would get better for her.

However, speaking of indigo children, I have met one, one in person. He is the son of my near twin. He's come into my dreams a few times in the past. If he is aware of his sensitivity I'm not sure, if he is aware of who I am, I'm not sure of that either. I'm not sure of his role in the family dynamic. I can say he has certain wisdom in him. I know that when he was a toddler his energy was similar to twinkling bells, and when I checked in on him that time years ago he immediately pulled me in to wonder.

Yeah, that's the thing about connectedness. It's amazing the cycle and relationship to things in life.