Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 08-01-2013, 09:21 PM
Seeker

Enlightment.

How?
You keep looking a statue. You have someting in front of your eye to focus at. You keep focusing. You have a name to tell to yourself - the name of the God.
The more you focus onto that single thing, at one point, you will forget "you" are focusing. There will be nothing.

At that state, you might become "enlightened".

That way you will understand God.

--------------------

Is that statue necessary? No. People can reach that state without the statue also.

It is just a helpful tool.

--------------------
I am a Hindu
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
What benefit accrues from worshipping a statue in a temple?

Yes , many-most seek the blessing, gifts a deity may bestow.

But many truly saintly Hindus offer prayers to divinities out of pure devotion.
What do you feel this creates within them.... by offering garlands and gifts to statues of deities? Or rather the spirit they represent?

I understand some Indian saints have done this to consecrate a temple, so it attains an energy for others to benefit from later on.
Is there yet more reason for devotion? Or is devotion of this sort beyond explanation, and something some just are urged to do.

I was raised Catholic very long ago, and I guess we do-did something rather similar. And statues were simply a way to visualize ones focus of love or prayer.

Yet for us it was more semi-passive tradition than passion....
and perhaps a certain magic is born from this kind of devotion.

The devotion levitating saints must have experienced.