Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 23-02-2012, 08:21 AM
Dougles

Hi Kureigu,
Thanks for starting running threat and like to add some benefits of running here.
Running reduces the risk the risk of heart attack by half and increase the strength of our heart, lungs and oxygen inhaled results great amount of energy especially to your joints. Running prevent from high blood pressure, depression, stress and anxiety and promotes muscular development.
Old 29-02-2012, 06:07 PM
Godwin

Running is the best exercises because it helps you burn the calories.
Just in 30 minutes a person can easily burn 300 calories.
Old 29-02-2012, 09:57 PM
my_road

i get alot of chubby runners over take me, i keep thinking no way lol im rather slim but these big guys seem to have better endurance and keep going, probaly experience, im only a beginner yet.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:13 PM
my_road

hi

hi what is speed walking lol is this what they do in marathon then start running again then to speed walking, i dout any could run all 26miles unless u like a tough marine guy lol
Old 10-03-2012, 08:01 AM
Natalllie

I run up to 10km a day 5 days a week! its the best feeling and when your done, it also clears your mind for spiritually growth.

I also love listening to music sometimes aswell through my ipod it makes me jog faster the the tunes.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Master
It makes you feel free. I am off soon as I take my daughter to work, to my favorite place to go and run. I went the other evening during a high windstorm and then rains came. I took off my ipod to simply run with the wind and hear it. I used to always go with no music, but sometimes for rythm I like music to get lost in and run. Like you mentioned Natalilie..some tunes do make you run faster.

I sometimes feel like I'm a deer running through the trails lol
Old 12-03-2012, 01:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
It makes you feel free. I am off soon as I take my daughter to work, to my favorite place to go and run. I went the other evening during a high windstorm and then rains came. I took off my ipod to simply run with the wind and hear it. I used to always go with no music, but sometimes for rythm I like music to get lost in and run. Like you mentioned Natalilie..some tunes do make you run faster.

I sometimes feel like I'm a deer running through the trails lol

Sarian - I envy you because I use to be a runner. There was nothing like putting on my headphones and running shoes and taking my mind to a place that coincided with my physical exhilaration. But a few years back I broke my ankle and had a metal plate screwed in. I've tried to take to my running shoes since breaking my ankle, but it's too painful so I have to just either walk or stairmaster. I have some medals and plaques from foot races I won prior to my accident that I keep tucked away in a box for rainy day contemplation of a time that was magical. So run on girlfriend!

Blackraven
Old 12-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Master
Oh, Blackraven, that's so sad. I'm so sorry. I'll run with you in mind today. I feel like I'm going through a transformation right now and it's pretty cool. I was so down, and now I'm really and truly looking forward to life, the spring. Like this is finally going to be the spring of my life. :-)

can you walk trails, or does your ankle hurt after a period of time. If you can walk, go to a park, I go to the trails that are more secluded, and when I go to Taughannock to run, I make sure to go at times when the upper trails have very few hikers. (Early morning and evenings)...in the summer, tourists can take over in the afternoons. I like my solitude...but if you can do that, maybe you can get some great enjoyment from that too? That's how I started out lol...I couldn't run to save myself at first, I was so out of shape. As a teen I ran all the time. No one could catch up with me...even into my 20s...but then family life set in and pffffffffft. Plus I quit smoking many years back when I decided to take it up again (running)...omg! I thought I'd cough up a lung LOL!

Can you brisk walk? That's a good feeling too with the ipod on.

Anyway, I'm so sorry about your ankle. I've twisted and sprained mine in the past pretty bad and that was no fun... pulled tendons..eek..but I can't imagine breaking bones and as badly as you did ((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))
Old 12-03-2012, 03:07 PM
Master
Sarian - That's so remarkable that you gave up smoking. That's so good for you. Thanks for the ((((HUGS))) I was enjoying a solitude winter brisk walk through a wooded park with my dog a few years back when I broke my ankle while slipping on ice. I had to crawl out of the park and knock on a woman's door for help. It was a severe break. It didn't break horizontally across the bone, but twisted up vertically through it. That's why they had to screw a plate into the side of my ankle, to reinforce it. I have to be careful not to roll or twist my ankle at all or it puts pressure on the plate and ouch!!! Running puts too much jolting on it, but I can brisk walk. I do enjoy nature walks whenever possible. Hope you do have a great spring. I got out yesterday in the warm temperatures and transplanted 3 boxwoods. Yoohoo!

Blackraven
Old 13-03-2012, 01:04 AM
Master
Hi Blackraven! Yeah, I did it cold turkey too. It was hard for the first 4 months and then poof...one day I realized I didn't feel the urge or have the cravings..mostly it seemed to had become a habitual thing (like a smoke and coffee in the a.m...after food, with a drink, on the computer, in the car lol) I used smoking like a crutch for so many years.

Wow, that's horrible what you endured!! And having to crawl for help. I'm so sorry that happened to you. I can't imagine. I've slipped on ice plenty of times, but you must have done a dandy job. there is a tree where I go and today I saw that it was twisted and broken severely by winds...I am imaging your ankle doing that!! omgosh!

I'm so glad you can brisk walk still, that's good. Good for you planting boxwoods!

It was a lovely day today... I took my daughter out and about, and then we both went to TF and walked/jogged. I left her in the dust...I teased her as she's 22 and skinny, and she couldn't keep up lol. When I got home, I started cleaning up areas on the yard. Lots of pulling out old weeds and clearing areas, and hauling them over to the burn pile, then I went to this one area (my ex has a huge pile of junk that got taken over with weeds. I'll be SO glad to reclaim that area and clean it out!!) anyway, I started ripping up tarps he had on the ground and throwing old wood in there and burning that and old weed stalks like goldenrod... had a nice fire going. Plus ants got into one of my apple trees so badly that a huge half of the tree broke off. Some still grew, but the other half died, and I was breaking off limbs and burning those. I got quite the work out today.

Enjoy your spring, blackraven!