Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Closed Thread

Old 22-08-2017, 03:41 AM
Master
Interesting feedback... I am a woman, for starters.

To clear things up, there are strong boundaries, which he has communicated to me, and this is why I feel safe to be deeply vulnerable. My Heart has opened and I've very very quickly come to deep realizations. Also, though he is a teacher and I a student, there is a shared and deep reverence for EACH OTHER. I feel profoundly safe, respected, and loved. He simply listens to me and tells me to trust myself and has never once told me what to do..... so this relationship does not foster dependence.

It makes me sad that so many became fearful. There are good genuine even truly good and genuine teachers out there.
Old 22-08-2017, 04:06 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird21
Interesting feedback... I am a woman, for starters.

To clear things up, there are strong boundaries, which he has communicated to me, and this is why I feel safe to be deeply vulnerable. My Heart has opened and I've very very quickly come to deep realizations. Also, though he is a teacher and I a student, there is a shared and deep reverence for EACH OTHER. I feel profoundly safe, respected, and loved. He simply listens to me and tells me to trust myself and has never once told me what to do..... so this relationship does not foster dependence.

It makes me sad that so many became fearful. There are good genuine even truly good and genuine teachers out there.

You go to ask your Guru, what's the highest level of practice in Tibetan Buddhism? If he tells you the truth then you know what I mean. I better not to tell you first otherwise you may say it's not true.
Old 22-08-2017, 04:20 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
... I am a woman...
That's not accepted as an excuse for your seeking an emotional home which is not what buddhism is about.

Quote:
... My Heart has opened and I've very very quickly come to deep realizations.
Do you know the difference between the trap of emotional involvement and realization?
Old 22-08-2017, 04:21 AM
Master
Lol what is it!?!? Tell me please.
Old 22-08-2017, 04:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
That's not accepted as an excuse for your seeking an emotional home which is not what buddhism is about.

Excuse me?
Old 22-08-2017, 04:28 AM
Master
I clarified that I am a woman because someone referred to me as a guy above......

You are right, there's no excuse for having a loving beautiful relationship with a genuine teacher....
Old 22-08-2017, 04:29 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
You go to ask your Guru, what's the highest level of practice in Tibetan Buddhism? If he tells you the truth then you know what I mean. I better not to tell you first otherwise you may say it's not true.
That's a good point
Old 22-08-2017, 04:30 AM
Master
Seriously I'm going to end this post now, I have no interest as none of this feedback except for a few comments (natursflow and Jonesboy) were helpful.
Old 22-08-2017, 04:34 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Seriously I'm going to end this post now, I have no interest as none of this feedback except for a few comments (natursflow and Jonesboy) were helpful.
Great. In a buddhist forum we should focus on what buddhism is about and not bring up topics that foster ignorance and thus go against what buddhism is about.
Old 22-08-2017, 04:40 AM
Master
Ground, this is a vajrayana student teacher relationship, fundamental to vajrayana. Do you not see vajrayana as Buddhism?
Closed Thread