Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 16-05-2017, 10:31 PM
Master
the modern version of the world.

I'm fed up with the modern version of the world. It is all science, fact and news. But it is very cold; it has no soul. A few thousand years ago, or even less, people saw the world as being a spiritual place which was created by God. Now it is all 'big bang', evolution and history.
The world is slowly losing its faith; its grip on God.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 17-05-2017, 05:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I'm fed up with the modern version of the world. It is all science, fact and news. But it is very cold; it has no soul. A few thousand years ago, or even less, people saw the world as being a spiritual place which was created by God. Now it is all 'big bang', evolution and history.

Mybe the problem for some is the ' grip ' if you grip something then eventually you will drop it...
Old 17-05-2017, 10:25 AM
Master
The world today is becoming a bit of a nihilist nightmare, absolutely. But that's how evolution works. "Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold." "This is our darkest hour."

Then dawn breaks and comes the new.
Old 17-05-2017, 11:21 AM
Guide

Quote:
I'd say that this is basically the fault of Christianity and also Islam because they are both stuck on their basic scripture as the word of God or Allah.

The choice is therefore between a modern worldview and a stone age one which cannot be influenced by new insights and discoveries. Science does not pronounce on the metaphysical sphere whereas these old religions imagine that they can, and even usurp the place of modern science. That can never end well.

Both faiths have to abandon this absolute reliance on their scripture if the want to progress. We as individuals can do that at any time and open up to the ideas of bigger thinking individuals, past and present.
Old 18-05-2017, 05:53 AM
Master
markings - You may be right there. science is a very useful tool to counteract religious dogmatism. Science does have something new to say and the scientific revolution was very important to the human race. But without any God science becomes very nihilistic. It stops serving a useful purpose.

Old 18-05-2017, 06:37 AM
Master
I shall go back to Baile's suggestion that you read up and study the Yugas.

Right now, we are in Kali Yuga - it's basically 'every man/woman for themselves' in Kali Yuga.

I recently experienced a 'Dark Night of the Soul' lamenting over the same thing...about everybody losing touch with God and de-evolving into a nihilistic nightmare, ala Mad Max.

Until I realised that as long as I didn't lose my 'grip on God' that was all that mattered...screw what everybody else did/wasn't doing because they are just playing out their karma in front of my eyes...God didn't say I had to get involved in that and I would go totally insane even if I tried to...I was heading that way...that's why I had to remove myself from SF for so long...to 'find myself' which meant 'losing myself' first.

It's sad that it's going this way, but that's the whole point of Kali Yuga...to witness all the 'ungodly' stuff, to make the individual connection to God even stronger, with a 'heaven forbid that I ever become like the majority of my species'.

Compassion only serves us up to a point...up to the point we need to make a 'personal investment' in it...then we can let it all go with a 'Father forgive them, for they know not what they do' because if they actually knew/tasted God's Holy Grace, they wouldn't be doing it.
Old 18-05-2017, 07:00 AM
Guide

Quote:
markings - You may be right there. science is a very useful tool to counteract religious dogmatism. Science does have something new to say and the scientific revolution was very important to the human race. But without any God science becomes very nihilistic. It stops serving a useful purpose.
It stops being useful because it does not build on the science! Religions must adapt to new scientific insights otherwise they slowly become irrelevant.
This means
a) to stop meddling in areas where they have no business to meddle
b) to welcome new idea in psychology and test their usefulness
c) to disseminate and debate philosophical ideas of all persuasions
d) to upskill the clergy in dealing with the foregoing
e) to deal with their followers in a flexible, compassionate way that leaves freedom of choice with everyone without condemnation.
Old 18-05-2017, 07:08 AM
Guide

Duplicate post
Old 18-05-2017, 10:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
It stops being useful because it does not build on the science! Religions must adapt to new scientific insights otherwise they slowly become irrelevant.
This means
e) to deal with their followers in a flexible, compassionate way that leaves freedom of choice with everyone without condemnation.

Those are the actions of evolved beings. We are no where near being evolved beings yet.

Old 18-05-2017, 12:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
This means

Religions of whatever faith have basic tenants which the supporters of such tenants call 'truth(s)' . This means that if religions change according to new scientific 'insights' then they are not worthy of the name. Religous truths are supposed to be eternal. These recommendations (a-e) seem to me to be missing the point of having religions at all.
All the Churches need to do is to get off their backsides, get rid of all those things in which they have invested money such as buildings and land, get rid of all accounting personnel and services, rid themselves of hats, mitres and cassocks, stop sitting around at tables discussing empty bottles, driving around in cars, visiting OAPs, - Sorry I'll have to stop - what they need to do these vicars and priests and preachers and all the rest is to go out into the streets to help all of those who are poor, hungry, cold, lonely, forlorn, disabled, homeless and offer these people succour and hope. It doesn't matter what they wear or what they believe they just have to practise what they preach. The vicar in my parish has a holiday home in the mountains ...

What I do agree with is that science should take more interest in those things that are purpoted to have happened within the history of religions.
On the 13th May we had the 100th anniversary of Fatima. One hundred years ago in Portugal in a place called Fatima 'the Virgin Mary' appeared to three children in the fields in which they were playing. (Google) The VM appeared a total of 6 times, each time announced ahead by this vision. The last time the VM was supposed to appear there were thousands of people waiting in the fields. The VM didn't appear but thousands of people saw the sun move erratically in the sky. (So it was reported). As far as I know there was no scientific investigation into why this was experienced. Science needs to get a lot more involved where religious and metaphysical reports seem to contradict normal laws.