Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 22-06-2014, 11:58 PM
Master

Don't have the time to read all your responses but I wanted to help.

We just went through this with my father-in-law who had dementia for approximately 12 years. It was a slow debilitating disease that sucked the life out of my husband and his father. And so hard to watch as his mind slowly deteriorated.

Just after he passed away last month, my husband and I called him by name and instructed him that he had had dementia and that he had passed away. We told him not to fear the light. That there was family and friends awaiting his arrival. And there was healing just on the other side that would make him whole.

The higher self of the soul is not affected by the Alzheimer's disease. But the human part of the soul is confused after passing. It is best to call to them and instruct them so they know what to do.

My father in law's soul is just fine. He contacted my husband a day before the funeral to let him know he was well. It was a sign just my husband would have understood was his father, no one else would have understood the sign. It was a massive relief to my husband just to know his father was well again and happy on the other side.

Even though you have a dark path to travel, just know your loved one will be okay once this ordeal is over.

As an add on: I have heard over and over how someone with any type of dementia dies within the body, but no matter that they forget how to pull up their pants or put on their shoes, or even to comb their hair, my father in law was still in there. It was a lesson in humility that he had to learn apparently. My heart bled for him. I and my husband wanted so much for his suffering to stop, but it stopped when it was time to stop. No matter what anyone says, your loved one is still in there. Take it one day at a time because it breaks the heart.
Old 23-06-2014, 12:16 AM
somnium

many cultures have been proving their is an after-life for a very long time now. they reach back in time to commune with people before they died too. many mediums are able to channel spirit of the deceased and ancestors for guidance and knowledge. many cultures contact passed ancestors to receive guidance and information about the after-life, the spirit world, and many positions of awareness beyond the physical incarnation. i suggest researching anthropological backrounds on these many cultures and research their knowledge and awareness of these things. it may be hard for science to prove without the developed senses needed to perceive these other realities, but many ancient walks of life and present new age paths present knowledge on how to make contact with these beings, and even enter into the spirit and dream worlds, directly form the living. i have discovered shamanism, and nagualism, toltecs, mayans, and many more who all possess different forms of knowledge in these regards.
Old 23-06-2014, 12:30 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53

The higher self of the soul is not affected by the Alzheimer's disease. But the human part of the soul is confused after passing. It is best to call to them and instruct them so they know what to do.

I so do wish I had known this, and been more certain about the afterlife when my mother passed in 2009. She also had advanced dementia. She was 89 when she passed. Her dementia was complicated by other health issues (huge aortic aneurysm, suspected ovarian cancer, tumours on the liver etc.) She had no idea she was so ill, and was generally cheerful.
Anyway, it was obvious she didn't have long to live, one way or another, so the doctor found her a place in a very nice Hospice during that summer.

Nothing much she said made any sense, when it concerned everyday life though she could quote reams of text from Shakespeare, word-perfect, and remembered words of songs I couldn't recall. But her general grasp of anything cognitive wasn't there.

Anyway, one day when I visited her at the Hospice, our conversation was the usual mish-mash of things that didn't make much sense....then suddenly, out of the blue she told me my father had been to visit her (she could not normally remember him, his name, or even remember being married) She told me he sat on the bed, and they had a chat. Then he smiled, held her hand and said "Why don't you come with me now? Come on." "Oh no", she replied, "I can't go just yet. There's something I have to do. But I won't be long." He said he'd wait for her.
As soon as she told me that, she was immediately back to her incomprehensible conversation. Her lucidity lasted only a couple of minutes.

She passed two weeks after that.

Now, with hindsight, I am absolutely convinced he came for her, she recognised that with the part of her that was NOT damaged by brain malfunction, and that he knew she would be just fine if she crossed over. I am also convinced he did wait for her and she was okay.

I did not have any contact with either of them for four years. Then suddenly I felt a flood of love from my mother and knew that she was absolutely fine.
Old 23-06-2014, 03:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I so do wish I had known this, and been more certain about the afterlife when my mother passed in 2009.

Don't worry your dad was there to take care of her....don't you see that?
Old 10-07-2014, 02:13 PM
helenb

My understanding is that neurodegenerative diseases such as alzheimers impact the physical functioning of the brain. The way I think about it, is that your soul is kind of locked in a malfunctioning physical vessel. Once the soul is separated from the body, it would be as normal.

This makes me wonder whether people with AD have different experiences when projecting.