Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 16-11-2010, 05:23 PM
debbie.b

moments before death

i work with old people & have on many occassions sat all night or all day with someone dying & been there when they have taken their last breathe. i believe that just before you die, you know it is the end. on 2 occassions the person i was sat with shed a tear just moments before they died. also, the last thing that goes is a persons hearing so there are times when i've sat talking to them & told them that its ok to go now & be out of pain etc & with that, they have passed away.
my mamma has just died. she had cancer & had been given 2yrs to live but only lived for 12 weeks after diagnoses. when she died she was in hospital so they could control her pain relief. she was actually 'fine' walking about, laughing & joking etc & then the day before she died she started acting really bizarre, calling my dad saying she had to go home & she tried to convince the nurses to let her home. they refused & early hours of the next morning she passed away. i really think she knew her time was up & she wanted to go home to die.
Old 16-11-2010, 05:45 PM
eraser

That's what it sounds like to me too, debbie. Condolences.
Old 16-11-2010, 05:54 PM
deepsea

My mother was in a residential home and three months before she passed away,she kept saying to me 'I won't be here soon'.
We tried to reassure her by telling her she was fit and healthy which she was for her age.
But all she kept saying was that 'Wilf was coming to take her home.
Wilf being my uncle,mum's brother.
He had passed several years ago.

Three month later,she was rushed to hospital and I was with her when she passed.
She kept returning to consciousness and kept talking to 'Wilf' telling him she was happy to see him and where had he been all this time?
She very quietly passed away.

Another little story to bear this out was when my hubby was in the hospital.
i went to visit on the Saturday,the day before he passed.
He was on Morphine which I know can cause delusions,and in the middle of our conversaton,he suddenly said to me 'No good talking to me,I'm not here'.
I asked where he was and he pointed across the ward and said 'I'm over there'.
Hubby had been a twin but his twin died shortly after birth.
I believe his twin brother was there with him.
Waiting to take him home.
He passed away the next morning.

So yes,I firmly believe we are given warning of our imminent passing.

Deepsea
Old 16-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Administrator
Hey Debbie,

I Too used to work with elderly people and have been there as they passed, they know they are going home before they finally slip away.
some people call there loved ones and reaching out to them,
i always remember going to see my friends dad in ICU in the next cubicle was a little girl the nurses were sitting round her speaking to her, the staff nurse came round who was another friend and i told her her time is close she is going her grandfather has come to collect her, she said no shes improving, i said ill be here tommorow but the little girl wouldnt be, i went back the staff nurse said that night she let out her last cry then she passed away,
u know when your time is up.

Namaste
Old 16-11-2010, 06:54 PM
debbie.b

it might sound odd but i think its a comfort to know that they are aware they are passing over. also, to me, thats the proof there is life after death. x
Old 27-11-2010, 01:03 AM
love witch

I absolutely know there is life after death, and it's very beautiful. There is nothing at all to be afraid of, so people should not worry when their time to die is near. We've all heard the stories on the news from people who actually died for a few minutes and came back to life to share what they experienced. When they share their stories, they are giving us an incredible gift. They give us hope that death does not mean the end of everything. In fact, it means the start of a beautiful life! Hear one child's story of what he experienced in heaven:

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...src=canadanews

Believe....
Old 27-11-2010, 02:54 AM
eraser

Interesting story but the lad lost me when he started extemporizing (in my mind) about Jesus.

I believe he experienced something quite special but my sense is that - probably aided and abetted by his folks - his experience is being exagerrated. He's getting a lot of attention and wouldn't mind hanging onto it. And I'm certain he's feeling quite a bit of pressure to make this book a success for his family.

I wonder (and worry a little) about his life 10-15 years from now.
Old 27-11-2010, 04:56 AM
Celeste

I too work with the aged, and they not only know when their time is near, but they also aren't afraid of death. I notice when a person's time is near, they are somewhere in between worlds. Not exactly here, and not exactly there.

I knew my mom was gonna die the night that she did. Even though the nurses said her physical vitals were all good. I told my mom that night that I couldn't stand to see her suffer anymore (she had only been suffering about three months, but that was more than enough for me to take). I told her that she needed to go to heaven, where she belonged. My family thought it was strange that I got the expected call in the night. I went home to rest as if all was well, because I knew my mom wanted me to do that. That she would be able to make her transition easier if I wasn't there.

And I have no regrets. My mom and I were best friends, and we left no stones unturned.
Old 27-11-2010, 05:55 AM
eraser

My two brothers and I were with our father when he breathed his last. Along with the birth of my sons, and my own near-death experience, it was the most moving event of my life.
Old 27-11-2010, 11:43 AM
love witch

eraser, I don't want to be that cynical about this little boy's story. However, I don't know how anyone can write a whole book about a few minutes of someone's life (or death), without extemporizing.

Back in 1997 when I got the call at work that my mother had just passed away, and after me and my small family had rushed to the terminal care home to see her and say our goodbyes, I waited until they left and then stood over her, trying to make peace with it all. I sobbed over her and asked her "Are you happy now? Are you in heaven?" Much to my shock and amazement, she smiled.

I walked away from that experience shocked and kind of horrified, not wanting to believe what I just saw or understanding what it was. It took a long time for me to process what happened. Only a few months afterwards, I first shared my experience with a co-worker who had just lost her father. She was so very grateful to me for sharing it, and I was so glad I could help her with her grief. Now I fondly look back at that experience, so grateful my mother gave me such an incredible gift. This is why I know both my parents are smiling down on me now.