Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 06-09-2013, 09:25 PM
pgrundy

Can two spirits occupy one body?

My mother used to talk about this. She called such spirits "walk-ins", but I haven't heard much about it in recent years.

Sometimes I think this might apply to me, but I know it sounds whacked.

What do you think?
Old 07-09-2013, 03:03 PM
deepsea

Just entered a post similiar to this on another site..but not about two souls inhabiting the same body.
Mine was a walk in soul and would another soul change the personality of the body?

Same reasoning I think.

Deepsea
Old 07-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Administrator
Some people believe that two souls can occupy one body others dont.you normaly see signs of this in ppl who have had bad accidents or head injuries.as far as im aware for a walk in the true soul of the person needs to rest.so a different soul takes residence but only with the agreement of the true soul.have you noticed when a person has come close to death and they wake up and cant recall anyone around their bed.and they have to learn again.well some say thats when the walk in takes place,when the true soul has rested and gone back into the body everything comes back to them,
you hear of people saying how different a persons personality is coming from a trauma etc,

Namaste
Old 07-09-2013, 10:14 PM
Neville

A very old friend Gunther Prien,spoke to me about this once and did indeed confuse me a lot.

I am going to mention in passing ( not because they are not important ) multiple personality disorder and schizophrenia. Two or more personalities in one body now.

Nothing quiet so severe with your good self hopefully, that said.. When you are angry, a pound to a pinch of salt that angry person is far removed from who you are normally... and thus begins the inevitable extrapolation. When you woke up and was thinking .. Time to be alert.. and of course the accompanying ritual of wash/ shower teeth brushing , hair washing.. coffee/tea toast/cereal .. just to get you feeling ready for this world today as opposed to the non corporeal world you occupied in slumber..

So who are you ?.. Relaxed easy going.. concentrating with all due diligence on the task at hand, casting your mind forward in order to plan ahead, reminiscing perhaps , recalling those fond memories or indeed bad memories taking you to another place.

If I were a betting man , I reckon I'd get very good odds on you not being the self same person as you were Five years ago.

I think we are as one person many people or at the very least very many aspects of the same person . I know I am not that fellow who lost his temper, I know also that I am not that fellow rubbing the bed out of his eyes first thing in the morning. I do know that both of them are a part of me though.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:54 PM
pgrundy

Deepsea--Good to know I'm not the only person wondering about this!

Native Spirit and Neville--Thank you for your thoughtful answers.

Neville, I actually did have a dissociative disorder for which I received extensive treatment. I haven't had problems with dissociation or traumatic flashbacks in nearly 20 years now.

But people used to say I had this guy with me. I feel often like he is actually part of me. I can feel it when he is 'stepping in', so to speak. I got to thinking, are we so sure that this is all psychological?? What I mean is, if a person develops the ability to kind of leave her body during trauma, couldn't someone else take over, that is, come in? And maybe stay?

Or, could some souls travel through a life together--one incarnate, the other disincarnate but capable of taking over the body?

I know this all seems very strange.

I am not nuts, I got through two degrees, publishing, childrearing, and a lifetime of productive work, but I have this quirk...

I just have the sense I'm no the only one and other people are maybe embarrassed to talk about it for fear of ridicule.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:12 AM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
A very old friend Gunther Prien,spoke to me about this once and did indeed confuse me a lot.

I am going to mention in passing ( not because they are not important ) multiple personality disorder and schizophrenia. Two or more personalities in one body now.

Nothing quiet so severe with your good self hopefully, that said.. When you are angry, a pound to a pinch of salt that angry person is far removed from who you are normally... and thus begins the inevitable extrapolation. When you woke up and was thinking .. Time to be alert.. and of course the accompanying ritual of wash/ shower teeth brushing , hair washing.. coffee/tea toast/cereal .. just to get you feeling ready for this world today as opposed to the non corporeal world you occupied in slumber..

So who are you ?.. Relaxed easy going.. concentrating with all due diligence on the task at hand, casting your mind forward in order to plan ahead, reminiscing perhaps , recalling those fond memories or indeed bad memories taking you to another place.

If I were a betting man , I reckon I'd get very good odds on you not being the self same person as you were Five years ago.

I think we are as one person many people or at the very least very many aspects of the same person . I know I am not that fellow who lost his temper, I know also that I am not that fellow rubbing the bed out of his eyes first thing in the morning. I do know that both of them are a part of me though.

Now that makes a lot of sense,Neville.
Something I have never thought of before. How do we know that we do not change souls every so often? Remember the old saying that our life goes in 7 year cycles? From babyhood to young child,from young child to teenager,from teenager to young adult (21 of age being more mature?)
Would we change souls from babyhood to mature adults then stay with the one soul until physical death? So many ideas on this?

Deepsea.....
Old 08-09-2013, 07:15 AM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrundy
Deepsea--Good to know I'm not the only person wondering about this!

Native Spirit and Neville--Thank you for your thoughtful answers.

Neville, I actually did have a dissociative disorder for which I received extensive treatment. I haven't had problems with dissociation or traumatic flashbacks in nearly 20 years now.

But people used to say I had this guy with me. I feel often like he is actually part of me. I can feel it when he is 'stepping in', so to speak. I got to thinking, are we so sure that this is all psychological?? What I mean is, if a person develops the ability to kind of leave her body during trauma, couldn't someone else take over, that is, come in? And maybe stay?

Or, could some souls travel through a life together--one incarnate, the other disincarnate but capable of taking over the body?

I know this all seems very strange.

I am not nuts, I got through two degrees, publishing, childrearing, and a lifetime of productive work, but I have this quirk...

I just have the sense I'm no the only one and other people are maybe embarrassed to talk about it for fear of ridicule.

Ok,take myself. I was a very timid as a child,very shy of strangers.
I have changed since then. I stand up for myself now.
I have no fear of anyone.
Completely different from the child I was.

Deepsea
Old 08-09-2013, 03:19 PM
Master

I think a lot depends on the intent of the secount soul . Are they helping some one or possing them ? On a walk in , I thought there was some kind of agrement where the new soul stayed and the old one left .
Old 08-09-2013, 03:29 PM
deepsea

Yes.that usually is the case. But I was curious if it was possible for two souls to share.....could be a bit confusing though.....
Old 08-09-2013, 03:35 PM
Master

Not quite the same thing , but in one of Robert Monroe's books he temp. possed the body of another person on another world while they were asleep .
p.s. if any one hear does not know who Robert Monroe was . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Monroe