Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 21-07-2011, 11:57 AM
ch134

Was I touched by my Father's spirit?

Hi there, i'm new here and hoped you'd be able to help.

I lost my dad a few weeks ago. on Monday night (the night before the funeral) I couldn't sleep and had so much whirling around in my mind about the funeral and just generally felt really upset and in real turmoil. I was just lying there when all of a sudden I felt a touch on my shoulder and this overwhelming wave of calm which took away all of the whirling thoughts from my mind. I just laid there not knowing whether to be really scared or not but the overwhelming sense of calm wasn't a nasty experience... about a minute later my husband (who hasn't spoken in his sleep for a long time) said 'I'll see you later'.. i woke him up and asked him what he was dreaming but he said he wasn't dreaming and didn't know what I was talking about.

do you think this could have been my dad touching me? was it just coincidence that my husband said what he said? or was my dad saying goodbye to us both. I do believe there is life after death but i have never experienced anything like that before.

Claire x
Old 21-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Pathfinder
Hi ch134, I am sorry for your loss. It very well could have been your dad, I would say it was likely to be him. Both of my parents have passed. Not long after my mom died, the lights in the bathroom flickered and one of her music boxes started playing for about 5 seconds or so. My dad passed last month. I needed to listen to some music to help comfort me, so when I started ripping a cd on the computer to put on my music player, a video I took of my dad from a month earlier started playing. I was so startled I tried to close the window, but a notice just popped up to ask if I wanted to stop ripping the song, and the video continued to play the whole time. There is no doubt that this was my dad trying to communicate with me.

My belief is that during our intense grief, we are more open to these occurrences. I think in your heart you probably already know this was him, and I believe this can be a great comfort to you.

Old 21-07-2011, 01:57 PM
ch134

thanks for replying MutedBlue ... I would like to think it was him but part of me thinks maybe I must have imagined it. I am going to see a medium next Friday so I am hoping she will have a message from my dad and will be able to tell me he is ok..
Old 21-07-2011, 03:04 PM
sweetnativewoman

I can't be certain, but if you think it was your dad, then it was most likely him giving you comfort. Your husband may have been sleeping and your dad passed through his dreams and he said see you later. Good luck with the medium. I will be seeing a psychic in September as I am really missing two very special people, one in particular. When both passed, I know I seen and felt one of them while the other gave us the most spectacular magical greeting while at her grave. Your dad will always be with you and you will be surprised how many times you will feel his presence or think you seen his spirit. These are not imaginations, at least not in my opinion.

The person I will be seeing is Psychic Sally and I really have been praying I get a message. I hope you get the answers you need.
Old 21-07-2011, 03:13 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch134
thanks for replying MutedBlue ... I would like to think it was him but part of me thinks maybe I must have imagined it. I am going to see a medium next Friday so I am hoping she will have a message from my dad and will be able to tell me he is ok..

I hope you have found an evidential medium - one who will provide evidence of the identity of any communicator who comes to you. It may not be your dad who gets through.....

Be aware that a psychic may give you information that appears to be coming from an unseen communicator. Personal information about yourself, family or whatever can be 'read' by psychics from you yourself. When this is fed back to you it may appear to be information originating from a loved one. This is not what you need....

Look for something which you didn't know - not easy but a piece of information that you have to research later is often the most evidential, perhaps something you have to ask another family member about.

Oh, by the way, your dad will be doing just fine.
Old 21-07-2011, 03:48 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch134
Hi there, i'm new here and hoped you'd be able to help.

I lost my dad a few weeks ago. on Monday night (the night before the funeral) I couldn't sleep and had so much whirling around in my mind about the funeral and just generally felt really upset and in real turmoil. I was just lying there when all of a sudden I felt a touch on my shoulder and this overwhelming wave of calm which took away all of the whirling thoughts from my mind. I just laid there not knowing whether to be really scared or not but the overwhelming sense of calm wasn't a nasty experience... about a minute later my husband (who hasn't spoken in his sleep for a long time) said 'I'll see you later'.. i woke him up and asked him what he was dreaming but he said he wasn't dreaming and didn't know what I was talking about.

do you think this could have been my dad touching me? was it just coincidence that my husband said what he said? or was my dad saying goodbye to us both. I do believe there is life after death but i have never experienced anything like that before.

Claire x

Yes,definately. I had the same experience after my grandmother passed.
Just a soft touch on the forehead.
A sense of peace.
They do try to make contact with us before they leave,just so we know they are still around.

deepsea