Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 07-04-2017, 07:41 AM
Pathfinder
Just in addendum -

Ultimately, EVERYTHING is spirit.

Western reliogions traditionally posioned people again the mortal world and the goal was to transcend, and this religious condiiton often finds its way into spiritual people in the West. But remmeber that many, many spiritual traditions embrace the body and recognise it as the vessel through which we attain enlightenment. The Indian and Chinese traditions are ALL about the body.

People who are naturally more earthly benefit from going upwards into spirituality, but those of us who are naturally more thoughtful benifit from rooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azmond
I agree completely with ocean. That's is basically what I wanted to say, but expressed much more elegantly and it makes more sense. This is the best advice you can follow, and even if it does not fee like this is whats troubling you it most likely is.

Thanks
Old 07-04-2017, 10:37 AM
Newbie ;)

I don't even know how to root myself, to begin with...
It started even in Kindergarden that i felt different from other people. So i never had a reason to feel home in this world.
To be honest i see this whole world as an illusion, even the people in it, even myself. And i won't do anything that will change this view because i am convincedd that it is just that. I see proof for it everyday. So i just told myself to go with the flow until my time would come. And thats what i think is just what the highest truth of enlightenment is: you really have no control over anything in this world, not even your thoughts or your spirit, everything is a movie, an illusion. So no need to do anymore spiritiual work when you're "done". Because spirit work becomes meaningless after you reached Nirvana. You know 100% what this world is and you can only accept it this way. Like they say before enlightenment you are a simple farmer minding your own business, and after enlightenment you still are a simple farmer minding your own business.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Master
Do something for others; Volunteer somewhere, show by interacting with others that you care. Turn the focus out for a bit. Service is the highest form of love and service is the quickest way to grow spiritually.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:23 AM
Pathfinder
Yes, but with enlightenment there's also rapture.

Your feelings are your guide to Spirit, and if you feel bad it means that you're going the wrong way.

Do you actually want help?
Old 07-04-2017, 11:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean
Do you actually want help?
"And i won't do anything that will change this view because i am convincedd that it is just that.

I'm guessing no.

Getting back to what seems to be the OP's real question: Want to find your soul mate/true love? Then stop trying, and focus instead on simply interacting with life in a healthy way. You know what people are attracted to? Others who aren't needy. Who aren't emotionally servile. Take authentic interest in life and others, then watch how others are attracted to that, and how they then take a real interest in you.
Old 07-04-2017, 12:53 PM
Master

@zhu86 enlightenment is not a college degree, it is a state of mind you are in, sometimes you are in it, sometimes you are not. If you want that state of beingness there is only one path, and that is practice feeling enlightened. In every step as how would an enlightened person feel, how would and enlightened person react, and so on, and practice leaning towards feeling that way more and more, behaving that way more and more. The more you practice feeling that way, the easier it will become to be enlightened.

Like the farmer has to both plant the seeds and tend to the field if he want to yield the rewards of his labor.

And sure practice leaning towards feeling a little better in any moment, and you will gently feel more and more grounded. It is a simple practice that yields great rewards
Old 07-04-2017, 03:54 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
@zhu86 enlightenment is not a college degree, it is a state of mind you are in, sometimes you are in it, sometimes you are not. If you want that state of beingness there is only one path, and that is practice feeling enlightened. In every step as how would an enlightened person feel, how would and enlightened person react, and so on, and practice leaning towards feeling that way more and more, behaving that way more and more. The more you practice feeling that way, the easier it will become to be enlightened.

Like the farmer has to both plant the seeds and tend to the field if he want to yield the rewards of his labor.

And sure practice leaning towards feeling a little better in any moment, and you will gently feel more and more grounded. It is a simple practice that yields great rewards

Hey Melahin,

This is actually a big misunderstanding about what enlightenment is that is rampant in the spiritual community. Its not a state of mind - its a state of being. We can't adopt an attitude of enlightenment or fake it til we make it because of of those approaches involve coming to an intellectual decision about what enlightenment is, and then trying to emulate it. Its pretending.

Enlightenment is embracing everything - the dark and light , the material and immaterial. It is drawing the universe into a point within you and experiencing it. It is feeling every feeling but cherishing each one so much that nothing is revealed on the surface. That's why saints and truly enlightened beings just sit in a state of apparent tranwuility - they are completely focused on feeling what's within, and there is incredible rapture in that experience.

So many people, including the OP, are going about enlightenment completeky the wrong wsy.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:14 PM
Master

Of course it is a state of mind. Remove thought and you have nothing. Stop thinking thought and you have enlightenment
Old 08-04-2017, 08:54 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
Of course it is a state of mind. Remove thought and you have nothing. Stop thinking thought and you have enlightenment

What about feeling? What happens to feelings in your view once we become enlightened?

There's only two ways to stop thinking - 1) Leave the body 2) Feel everything. Thought forms are simply feelings we haven't felt.
Old 08-04-2017, 06:22 PM
Master

@ocean feeling is your guidance system. It is what tells you whether or not you are in alignment with yourself, your source, your higher self, your inner being, or whatever you prefer to call it. Some even call it god, and if it works, if it make them blissful, then who cares. Whatever works for you. I would adjust one thing 2) feel blissful. When you are happy, you know truly happy and absorbed in what you are doing you are not thinking, you are letting the consciousness of your source flow to you, and simply respond to what greater perspective that leaves you with. Anyone who have tried this understand that simplicity; yet because many of us have practiced other ways of beingness than what came natural to us as kids, we now struggle with something that once were far easier. but we can practice being happy, we can practice leaning towards a better feeling thought, we can practice all sorts of things, and our life will shape itself according to what we practice. Minding how you feel is a good recipe for a good life in my opinion