Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-07-2016, 11:00 PM
Newbie ;)

Question How can someone KEEP GOING ?

I mean, the people who are not envious greedy and lustful how do they keep them self motivated to keep going or achieve material gains and sucsesses?

I mean what's the point after all, you don't envy anyone to be like them and become better than them, you are not lustful and greedy then why do you need to make money or have the newest iphone.

I understand that the system is what it is, but I think everyone can live through farming and cultivating his own food.

This topic is really troubling me for the last couple weeks, if anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

LOVE AND BLESSINGS
Old 23-07-2016, 11:18 PM
Deactivated Account
It's an endurance strength, often, but not always, for the greater good. It doesn't care who believes in it or not, just keeps on going. It can't be broken or killed, even if the person embodying it is destroyed. It can utilize an empirical and objective way of looking at the world, through the heart center.

It seems to be quite a difficult concept for many to grasp, so you're not alone there.

You basically embrace not needing things in that aspect, although I would caution there is a line there in regards to one's personal health, just depends on what you are willing to take on, what you want or are trying to achieve. You have to be conscious of all risks. And I myself like to have "things" (but I don't have to), as it's natural for my spirit to have a lot of hobbies, so I find balance is key and not in conflict with more altruistic endeavors. In point of fact the more I feed the more majestic side of myself the more energy I have for the other kind of energy you are asking about, I mean it all comes round and works together I dare say.

It's kind of like, with some people, in their subjective energy, they mostly seem to view things in terms of their individuality and what is healthy for them. And that's great. But...they often, some of them that is, don't seem to really fathom that there is a whole other range of options and choices to pick from there, and no one can stop you should you choose to do so. It's a very powerful energy, once embodied. I have moved mountains with it myself.

Not sure if this explains exactly what you are asking. I believe everyone can live through their own food cultivation as well, in fact this is a project I'm currently working on in my own life. That doesn't mean I can't choose or don't have the right to go outside myself. I do it all the time and find it more than worth it. Not every time, certainly, but who really cares when you've got this kind of strength? The successes far outweigh the non-successes in my opinion.

https://youtu.be/1q-k1Ev8fVc

Last edited by Ciona : 24-07-2016 at 12:36 AM.
Old 24-07-2016, 09:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonSun
I mean, the people who are not envious greedy and lustful how do they keep them self motivated to keep going or achieve material gains and sucsesses?

Survival, especially if they provide for a family. Though i think just about everyone has a healthy amount of lust and greed within them.

Quote:

I mean what's the point after all, you don't envy anyone to be like them and become better than them, you are not lustful and greedy then why do you need to make money or have the newest iphone.

Survival and convenience. Making money and keeping up with the latest technology has little to do with trying to be like everyone else or trying to be better. Its a silly way of thinking. Having money and the latest technology just makes life easier.

Quote:
I understand that the system is what it is, but I think everyone can live through farming and cultivating his own food.

But who wants to if you don't have to? I know i don't. I like my life, simple, fun, and relaxing.
Old 24-07-2016, 10:01 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:

This topic is really troubling me for the last couple weeks, if anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

LOVE AND BLESSINGS

Hello there,

I live in a flat. I need money to survive, to feed myself and administer the necessities - electricity, council tax, etc., for "professional" expenses to be able to make that money - and to buy the equipment I need to do my job.

I'd love to do a little farming but there are only so many crops I can grow in a window box.... I'm afraid my combine harvester would be a pair of scissors.

Oh, and I don't have a smart phone or tablet. I can't think what I'd do with them.

You're right about "the system" and it's a bit of a hobby-horse for me. Spiritual waking up is quite a lot to do with seeing that system for what it is and extricating yourself from it. You can't live without it but you become in a position to control your relationship with it, rather than it with you. It does have its good points - it's far more convenient for me to shop at various shops than to try to grow the stuff myself or make things like paper and pens (though I have made some cardboard furniture). A car is useful for business and seeing my parents. Public transport is hopeless outside my town.

Pax tecum.

Old 25-07-2016, 01:41 PM
Master
Quote:

LOVE AND BLESSINGS

Your life is your own so its important to stay focused on what you need for you.

It is easy to get caught up in others ways of gaining and building their own kingdoms here on earth, but I always look within my own heart and listen to what is important for me.

Gratitude and appreciation tends to build a deeper awareness of what is important in my world and in myself.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 25-07-2016, 02:20 PM
Guide

"I mean, the people who are not envious greedy and lustful how do they keep them self motivated to keep going or achieve material gains and sucsesses?"

It's all in how you define success. Material gains and lust? Very mundane desires. Not to say we don't all enjoy those at points in our lives, but are those truly how we measure success?

I've reached a point where I really don't much care about material gains. I applaud the successes of others, but I certainly don't envy them. I'm giving away possessions rather than collecting more.

So what could possibly motivate me, if not the rampant acquisition of more, more, more material "stuff?"

My desire to help others. My need to be useful, sympathetic, charitable. If I could give most of what I have to someone who I knew for a fact needed it, I would.

All I "need" is shelter, food, and just enough "stuff" to enable me to connect to the world, and live a somewhat civilized life. Yes I need a computer. That's how I reach most of those I work with and try to help. I don't need a fancy one though, and I don't lust after the newest and greatest electronic gadgets. My phone is a simple iPhone 4, my PC is nearly 10 years old. It's enough. I just need enough.

Anything more, I feel should be shared. Sharing and helping this poor tormented world, so filled with hate, pain, and materialism... those are my motivations.
Old 26-07-2016, 05:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Generally they don't seek material success any more than enough to live on. They find something to do that they love. Often this brings material success as that passion adds value to what they produce. Successes become measured by how fulfilled it makes them feel, not how much material it adds to their lives.
Old 26-07-2016, 04:29 PM
Master

Quote:

LOVE AND BLESSINGS

Hi ZonSun,

This is one of the key issues in a conscious spiritual practice.

How does one supplant or displace a vital personality ambition and various long habituated ego fueled desires with a genuinely spiritual aspiration that has enduring force behind it - not motivated by personal greed or gain, desire, pleasure - but for God's sake, for the fulfillment of God's Will in and through one's life?

Quite often, when the vital (ego) desire is challenged it can rebel vehemently, reactively, and assert even more forcefully than 'normal' - or - also common, when the usual motives for personal gain, etc., are questioned/challenged, transcended somewhat, the vital doesn't rebel in reactive opposition, but simply withdraws (the passive form of ego rebellion), and this is when spiritual seekers get depressed, e.g., no motive life-force, because not engaged in the 'normal' habituated ego modality.

It is therefore an important part of an active spiritual life to re-orient energy towards dynamism, but spiritually justified, spiritually directed, spiritually focused, spiritually dynamised, spiritually purified - all aspects of life have to be consecrated and converted to the new orientation so that the life energy is not quiescent or withdrawn, not actively opposed - but active in and for the 'right' purpose.

This takes time and numerous persistent attempts for years and even decades to effect this change. Patience and perseverance - not giving in to depression and despair, but re-focusing orientation of life-energy. Regularity of work and/or exercise & cheerful attitude helps with this, especially with the conscious attitude that it is being done by God, for God, with and through God's Grace.

~ J
Old 26-07-2016, 04:59 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

This is one of the key issues in a conscious spiritual practice.

How does one supplant or displace a vital personality ambition and various long habituated ego fueled desires with a genuinely spiritual aspiration that has enduring force behind it - not motivated by personal greed or gain, desire, pleasure - but for God's sake, for the fulfillment of God's Will in and through one's life?

Quite often, when the vital (ego) desire is challenged it can rebel vehemently, reactively, and assert even more forcefully than 'normal' - or - also common, when the usual motives for personal gain, etc., are questioned/challenged, transcended somewhat, the vital doesn't rebel in reactive opposition, but simply withdraws (the passive form of ego rebellion), and this is when spiritual seekers get depressed, e.g., no motive life-force, because not engaged in the 'normal' habituated ego modality.

It is therefore an important part of an active spiritual life to re-orient energy towards dynamism, but spiritually justified, spiritually directed, spiritually focused, spiritually dynamised, spiritually purified - all aspects of life have to be consecrated and converted to the new orientation so that the life energy is not quiescent or withdrawn, not actively opposed - but active in and for the 'right' purpose.

This takes time and numerous persistent attempts for years and even decades to effect this change. Patience and perseverance - not giving in to depression and despair, but re-focusing orientation of life-energy. Regularity of work and/or exercise & cheerful attitude helps with this, especially with the conscious attitude that it is being done by God, for God, with and through God's Grace.
Thank you Jyotir, for giving a real answer.
Old 26-07-2016, 06:49 PM
Suspended
Oops! Never mind.