Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 08-04-2017, 07:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoni7510
I once had this problem of loosing interest in the material world and wanting to exit at all cost. Somebody suggested a grounding meditation and I did that and asked that I be grounded and slowly but surely I started to feel my interest coming back and I no longer wanted to die. I believe I am still alive because my soul want to experience life and so I must live my life fruitfully.
I agree with this 100%. While you are in this world, regardless whether you do astral travel or not,
you have to be grounded, otherwise you will experience the aloofness which the original poster is
describing. Research some grounding techniques online.

I have had many out-of-body experiences and once I was so aloft that I ran to a fast food place
and ate two cheeseburgers which immediately bought me down. It was an emergency and I don't
recommend eating cheeseburgers; but that is what meat will do to you; still there are more natural
and healthier ways, like a grounding meditation, to stay grounded. Do some research.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:34 PM
Experiencer

It saddens me when someone think about quiting this life. There is more to life than you can imagine. It is good that you have overcome the material aspects of life but don't live too much on illusory thinking that quiting will send you to a blissful life spiritually just because you did not make it here.

I always advice people to live their life NOW in this material world without being materialistic because it is only a tool that we can make good use of in growing and living to become the beautiful person that we are and that reflects to our spirituality.

Be mature enough to find your true inspiration.

There are still Non materialistic people you can find who are loving and sincere, maybe you are just looking at the wrong place.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:39 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
@ocean feeling is your guidance system. It is what tells you whether or not you are in alignment with yourself, your source, your higher self, your inner being, or whatever you prefer to call it. Some even call it god, and if it works, if it make them blissful, then who cares. Whatever works for you. I would adjust one thing 2) feel blissful. When you are happy, you know truly happy and absorbed in what you are doing you are not thinking, you are letting the consciousness of your source flow to you, and simply respond to what greater perspective that leaves you with. Anyone who have tried this understand that simplicity; yet because many of us have practiced other ways of beingness than what came natural to us as kids, we now struggle with something that once were far easier. but we can practice being happy, we can practice leaning towards a better feeling thought, we can practice all sorts of things, and our life will shape itself according to what we practice. Minding how you feel is a good recipe for a good life in my opinion

Hi Melahin,

This comment really got me thinking... And something clicked with me. You know the way it's said that there are many roads to enlightenment? I think we're approaching it in different ways!

I disagree with enlightenment as "a state of mind" because I am taking the Tantric / Toaist appraoch, where you get down with life; you roll around in the grass, you experience everything. From this perspective, feelings are not just guidance cues (though they serve as that too) - they are the blood of enlightenment. In this approach, you can't have enlightenment without pure feeling. In this approach, enlighenment is a state of being, not a state of mind, because you are living from a non-mind state. It's also a permanent state, once you reach it, because you are completely rooted in this world, so the enlightenment is rooted in you.

What you're talking about sounds more like the path of renunciation / devotion / purity / asceticism, where the body and mind are transcended. I know almost nothing about this approach to enlightment expect that it didnt work for me
Old 09-04-2017, 08:43 PM
Newbie ;)

Yes, there are lots of ways to reach enlightenment. But the goal is allways the same. Like the saying: All roads lead to Rome. Follow the path inside you and it'll allways leads to enlightenment. There is no right or wrong way to it.
Old 10-04-2017, 01:03 PM
Master

@ocean why does the mind trouble you?

It troubled me because I was a sloppy thinker, and felt out of control when engaging it; so it made me feel less connected. But the solution was not to renounce it, but to make peace with it. The same went for my relationship with my body (but that is another story). From my vantage point your state of mind is simply a feeling in your body. They simply said are one and the same. There is something interesting in my tantra where it say that when you open the pleasure centers in the brain your body blossoms