Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 21-08-2019, 07:56 PM
Newbie ;)

Contacting loved ones safely??

Please can anyone advise me on how to contact my son and father who are both in spirit without letting anyone or anything negative in?
Thanks x
Old 21-08-2019, 08:35 PM
Administrator
You need a medium to contact them. you can ask them to come to you in your dreams. they may come to you but this can take time.it doesn't happen overnight it all depends on how long they have passed

.Namaste
Old 23-08-2019, 12:20 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronicaSun
Please can anyone advise me on how to contact my son and father who are both in spirit without letting anyone or anything negative in?
Thanks x

You don't have to worry about that. The only spirits who can communicate with a medium are ones that have crossed over. And let it me to put it to you this way. The spirits closes to your heart while you were alive tend to have dibs on connecting with you through a medium. At least that's been my experience.

On a side note:
You can connect with your loved ones just by thinking about them. You don't need a medium since we're all spirit, but a medium can make the experience feel more validating because they are expressing feelings that only you could account for.

Best of luck
Old 23-08-2019, 12:31 PM
Administrator
Any spirit that has crossed can communicate with a medium.

Namaste
Old 23-08-2019, 03:33 PM
Experiencer
Do the phrases cross over and crossed mean something different to you? In my experience any spirit who has crossed over or crossed can communicate with a medium.
Old 14-09-2019, 06:03 AM
Experiencer
It's my understanding that you can communicate "at" them on your end just by thinking about or talking aloud to them, since they often hang around living loved ones. The tricky bit is being able to hear them in return.
I'm not one to encourage middlemen as necessary; I'm confident you'd be able to do it yourself, with practice. Honestly the practice is, to me, just a matter of developing sensitivity; like a person who becomes a musician can then hear more subtle things in music that they wouldn't have discerned before. There are a couple of guided meditations (audio or podcast) out there that are very helpful for meeting with passed loved ones, for focusing as well as structure.
For protection, I'd suspect that just asking whatever guide/guardian/deity you have to help protect you should be fine. You could also do a type of visual boundary if you'd like, where you envision yourself shielded in a protective energy that filters out ill intentioned spirits. Another option would be a physical energy barrier of some type; I've previously made a sort of circle of tumbled crystals on the floor that I sat inside that helped me feel more comfortable.
When I do journeys, I find the biggest help is intuition; if I encounter something posing as a helpful guide, they feel "off", like I can't completely trust that it's them for some reason. At that point I ask a guide (usually an angel, even though I don't generally work with them) to visit; their presence pushes the imposter away and creates a safe space to work within.

Many spirits have subtle ways of communicating as well; look for things in your regular life that "happen" to catch your attention. Coincidences. Words on signs you wouldn't normally notice. That sort of thing.

I wish you well, and I know you guys can get to the point of ongoing communication.
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."
Old 14-09-2019, 03:49 PM
Guide

A medium is one way to do this safely. Any good medium knows how to prevent unwanted/unsafe entities from coming through, or sends them away if they do try.

But I've had quite good results on my own.

I find a photograph of the person I want to speak to, and set it on a low table. Then I surround it with flowers, candles, or little keepsakes that remind you of them. Put on soft background music. Ground and protect.

*At this point, if you are at all concerned, you might call upon your guide or guardian to watch over you and keep you safe.*

I relax my mind and focus on the picture and objects. After a few minutes I start to (mentally or aloud) speak to the photograph. From time to time I pause to see if there are any words popping into my mind that might not be my own.

More often than not, I "hear" the person in the picture respond.

When I am done, I blow out the candles, turn off the music, and thank the person in the picture for speaking with me.

Then I drink some water, wash my hands, and take a moment to ground and protect myself.

Because you are focusing on just one individual, and NOT summoning them but just speaking to them, there is minimal chance of any negative entities coming through.

This is more of a Celestial Phone Call than a spirit visit.
Old 16-09-2019, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator
If you have nothing but pure unconditional Love for them in your Heart then send that to them and just wait gracefully, because it is very likely you will sense a response. You might sense it straight away, or it might return in a day or two perhaps. Be gently watchful with your Heart and observance.

It might be heart-felt in nature (which is very sweet to sense) or -you might also just hear a phrase spoken to you inwardly.

The Love and direct connection with that Soul you love will automatically be its own "protection". You don't need to think of anything else. You will open a pure channel.
But don't get complicated about it. And wait on Grace for any response. Those in the next world come when they can. But they will often respond to Love from someone they care about very much who is still living an Earth life.
Old 18-09-2019, 10:34 PM
Ascender
You never have to let the idea of not being safe enter your mind, then you will be safe...it's all done mentally. See!