Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Closed Thread

Old 31-08-2006, 12:35 PM
Angels444

Re. Why is the bible anti-medium

Hi all,

Just to add my own tuppence worth to this discussion if I may, I absolutely agree that the bible is not a true representation of what Jesus stood for or stands for. I believe much of the
Old 31-08-2006, 03:17 PM
violetmay

My sis in law is very christian in her beliefs, attends a strict high church, and my ex boyfriend of many moons ago was christadelfian. When I first 'came out' as a curious medium in my late teens, the family of my then boyfriend banned me from their house, and his granny, (nice lady) said I was the devil incarnate, and my witch ways would be his downfall. He was so scared he dumped me. silly boy.

My sis in law and her family, do believe in the afterlife, but only in their terms, cannnot work out exactly what they are. They feel that if I cannot speficy which church or area I lean to and say, 'I am more of a nature spirit, and belive in mother earth and the universe, they cringe and say I am misguided and vulnerable to dark powers. Rot. no comment. angry.

When my niece who is 7 tells me of her ghost friend, and how she just knows this and just knows that, her mother has this look of bemused terror on her face. Don't encourage her, she tells me. Instead the little girl is allowed to go around spouting chapter and verse from the bible at us and demonstrate that Jesus would like this and we should that. She is her daughter, but I don't know why she is afraid of me, I don't bother them, have circle in their presence and don't talk about it to her. But she gives religion a heavy dose of presence and even tried to get us to say grace with the kids, as they were used to it now. My brother who is athiest and no nonense, put a halt to that and said, if other people could not talk about their views without upseting her, she would have to keep her views to herself and her family.

It's cool now.. but I know her family think I am going to pluck a chicken, sacrifice it and chant in a weird voice. agree with the above, I think being a servant of a faith limits you, they feel those without religious lids are powerful and free spirits and fear what that might bring. To me it brings love and healing, isn't that was chrisitanity is all about?
Old 31-08-2006, 03:18 PM
Master
Quote:
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. ...”

Nelson Mandela
I do love this quote. With power comes a great deal of responsibility and so many people are unwilling to accept the responsiblity, and therefore refuse to acknowledge their own power.
Old 31-08-2006, 04:57 PM
kundalini

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. ...
Old 31-08-2006, 08:03 PM
biyu_wolf_77

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetmay
My sis in law is very christian in her beliefs, attends a strict high church, and my ex boyfriend of many moons ago was christadelfian. When I first 'came out' as a curious medium in my late teens, the family of my then boyfriend banned me from their house, and his granny, (nice lady) said I was the devil incarnate, and my witch ways would be his downfall. He was so scared he dumped me. silly boy.

My sis in law and her family, do believe in the afterlife, but only in their terms, cannnot work out exactly what they are. They feel that if I cannot speficy which church or area I lean to and say, 'I am more of a nature spirit, and belive in mother earth and the universe, they cringe and say I am misguided and vulnerable to dark powers. Rot. no comment. angry.

When my niece who is 7 tells me of her ghost friend, and how she just knows this and just knows that, her mother has this look of bemused terror on her face. Don't encourage her, she tells me. Instead the little girl is allowed to go around spouting chapter and verse from the bible at us and demonstrate that Jesus would like this and we should that. She is her daughter, but I don't know why she is afraid of me, I don't bother them, have circle in their presence and don't talk about it to her. But she gives religion a heavy dose of presence and even tried to get us to say grace with the kids, as they were used to it now. My brother who is athiest and no nonense, put a halt to that and said, if other people could not talk about their views without upseting her, she would have to keep her views to herself and her family.

It's cool now.. but I know her family think I am going to pluck a chicken, sacrifice it and chant in a weird voice. agree with the above, I think being a servant of a faith limits you, they feel those without religious lids are powerful and free spirits and fear what that might bring. To me it brings love and healing, isn't that was chrisitanity is all about?
well my friends know of my thoughts an all the school knows im a witch(i guess im kinda waitin fre it to get to my mom and uncle) one "friend" claims--note the term--to be aethist but im thinkin anti-witch cause just cause some doccumentry said (he couldnt even tell me the station) wiccans dont like bein called witches its truth so i asked one that i trust more he(different friend) said that many that he knows dont mind it so theres one example of that "friend" outherwise all i know are perfectally with me beein as i am and i say if someone knows of gifts encurage it wont hurt!!!!!(i dont rember if i was or wasnt in the early days but i know strength isnt only from power of will)
also great quote
ill shutup now
Old 03-09-2006, 12:21 PM
lumas

One Day The All Knowing Will Inherit The Earth The Change Is Taking Place God Bless You All......
Old 07-09-2006, 02:22 PM
Angels444

Hi, Mother Goose and Biyu, I'm so sorry but for not getting back to you but I've been unable to access the forum for an AGE. I contacted admin but it had nothing to do with them (despite my assuming that it must have). It was the strangest and most frustrating thing, the forum was accepting my log in details, allowing me view posts, but not allowing me to respond. Oh it's good to be able to talk again. I'm at work, but will write again later or tomorrow.

All the best,

Angels444.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:26 PM
Angels444

Hi Kundalini,

Sorry about delay in responding to you - pls. see my message to Mother Goose & Biyu - was uanble to access forum for ages. Yep, according to my sources (ahem), it was indeed Nelson Mandela who said that.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:53 AM
Master
It's okay Angles444....sometimes we get 'silenced' because we're supposed to be listening for something. So, what'd you hear....or see?
Old 08-09-2006, 03:13 AM
biyu_wolf_77

only an age?? wierd tho maby has to do with re-vampin?? likely fer a reason tho
Closed Thread