Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 23-09-2018, 02:51 AM
Master
Who do you blame?

In my spiritual world there is a lot of blame going on. The God part of this world blames the I AM for causing harm while the I AM part of this world blames God for causing harm. The femininity blames the masculine and the masculine blames all the others. It goes on.

It is very, very difficult not to blame anything. Yet it is quite clear that all sorts of harm, sin, wrongness, fear, error etc. exists. But where does it all come from? What causes it?

One can point the finger at the ego and the mind. Or one can point the finger at original sin. One can point the finger at the creator for starting it all.

It is very frightening to point the finger at oneself and admit that somehow one caused all this wrongness.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 23-09-2018, 05:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
In my spiritual world there is a lot of blame going on. The God part of this world blames the I AM for causing harm while the I AM part of this world blames God for causing harm. The femininity blames the masculine and the masculine blames all the others. It goes on.

It is very, very difficult not to blame anything. Yet it is quite clear that all sorts of harm, sin, wrongness, fear, error etc. exists. But where does it all come from? What causes it?

One can point the finger at the ego and the mind. Or one can point the finger at original sin. One can point the finger at the creator for starting it all.

It is very frightening to point the finger at oneself and admit that somehow one caused all this wrongness.

If we blame then we only have ourselves to blame...
Old 23-09-2018, 11:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
If we blame then we only have ourselves to blame...

How do you understand that to be the case?

Old 23-09-2018, 12:09 PM
Master
Quote:
My observation: to "point the finger at oneself" and see it as having "caused all this wrongness," is a continuation of the unhealthy blame dynamic you are speaking of.

I would say it this way: "Look within, and take loving responsibility for any and all corrective action that is required."

To change the blame dynamic, one starts by reframing things in the most positive and blameless way possible.
Old 23-09-2018, 01:15 PM
Master
Quote:

Why do you feel the need to blame, usually it's because things don't go the way we want them to go so we look for something or someone to blame. Best not to blame, then you are not to blame for being judgemental
Old 23-09-2018, 02:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Why do you feel the need to blame... Best not to blame
I would go one further and say best to direct the focus on all the positive aspects of this world. Focusing on the negative -- in this case, all the blame in the world -- only adds to the negative, blaming energy and dynamic.

It's this simple really: I spent 20 years in a career working with many ignorant idiots. At the same time, a good number of my co-workers were thoughtful, caring people. Both types of people exist, it's just a fact of life.

I am now retired. When I step out into the world, I have a choice. I know both types of people still exist. The difference is I am no longer forced to interact with the sort of people who used to drive me crazy. I am now completely free to choose who I interact with, and how I respond to them. And my choice is to be a positive person in the world, which in turn helps me to see and appreciate all the positive, thoughful people in the world.

Interestingly my life has never been happier and more positive. That's how life works when the focus is consciously directed in the right way.
Old 23-09-2018, 03:07 PM
Master
Yes I get the point of focusing on the positive. However the negative does creep and seep into the system with insistency. The world is very 'good and evil'.....

I find it impossible (at the moment) to shut out the evil.

Old 23-09-2018, 03:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I would go one further and say best to direct the focus on all the positive aspects of this world. Focusing on the negative -- in this case, all the blame in the world -- only adds to the negative, blaming energy and dynamic.

It's this simple really: I spent 20 years in a career working with many ignorant idiots. At the same time, a good number of my co-workers were thoughtful, caring people. Both types of people exist, it's just a fact of life.

I am now retired. When I step out into the world, I have a choice. I know both types of people still exist. The difference is I am no longer forced to interact with the sort of people who used to drive me crazy. I am now completely free to choose who I interact with, and how I respond to them. And my choice is to be a positive person in the world, which in turn helps me to see and appreciate all the positive, thoughful people in the world.

Interestingly my life has never been happier and more positive. That's how life works when the focus is consciously directed in the right way.

I think that life can be difficult enough without wasting energy focusing on negativity, yes it's there and always will be if you keep looking for it. Like you pointed out, interact with positive people as much as you can, choose carefully who you spend time with and when you sometimes come across negative people and need to interact with them you do have a choice to hear what they say but you don't have to listen.

Nice to hear that your retirement is happy and positive, long may it last
Old 23-09-2018, 04:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes I get the point of focusing on the positive. However the negative does creep and seep into the system with insistency. The world is very 'good and evil'.....

Thinking it's impossible to shut out the evil ( whatever that is) is only making the evil stronger, you can shut it out, you have the choice, don't give it the energy/attention that it doesn't deserve.

You become your thoughts, what you focus on becomes your reality...
" Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change "
We all have trials and tribulations in our lives, that's life, but the way you deal with them is your choice and yours alone.
Old 23-09-2018, 04:10 PM
Master
Quote:
What you described here, are your perceptions and nothing more. Negativity does not creep, and the world is neither this nor that. Rather, you are assigning animate reality to inanimate, abstract concepts and thought constructs. You did that as well in your first post when you said this world blames God, and femininity blames the masculine. None of this is taking place -- is actually happening -- anywhere other than in the perceptual world you have chosen for yourself.
Quote:
This on the other hand, is truth. It is a statement describing your inner reality and how you feel. So, there are two different dynamics at work here as you can see, two separate considerations. There are your (unreal) perceptions regarding the external world. And there are your (real) feelings regarding your inner world. In order to address this and other questions like it, one of the first steps is to recognize this dichotomy.