Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 23-04-2017, 03:57 PM
Guide

I actually love numbers, no maths genius or anything but notice numbers everywhere, it's a bit weird tbh.

History is a love of mine too :-)

The learning steps bit I can completely identify with, I have no coordination. I'm learning to drive just now, it's a nightmare for me! I just can't seem to get it but I know if I was left on my own without an instructor I would pick it up so quickly. I have a scooter that I go about on that is absolutely fine, picked it up really quickly.

I'm very sensitive to sounds, dont like noisy places, do you experience that too?

I really should look into ADD I more detail and see if it relates to me.
Old 27-04-2017, 03:14 PM
Master

Lol, I notice license plates Snow Goose.

Yes, I do the best at learning if I don't have someone yapping in my ear.

Yes, ADD has the disadvantage of being distracted by sounds and noises. I'm also an empath (many ADD's are) so being in crowds does a double whammy on me.

Two books tried and true (as opposed to the new stuff coming out)

Driven to Distraction by Edward M. Hallowell, M.D. and John J. Ratey, M.D.

The Gift of Dyslexia by Ronald D Davis.

Both changed my life and gave me permission to love and accept myself for the way I am.
Old 28-04-2017, 09:24 AM
Guide

I was in a pub a few weeks back, it's an old building with really high ceilings. It was torture for me I hide at a table in the corner holding my ears closed. I could hear everyone's conversations at the same time. It was very overpowering. It's an amazing building though, Victorian, it was a counting house for the city's money back in the day, would love to get a look around it after the punters had gone home.

I do tick the empath boxes but I don't really see empathy as the gift that others see it as.

I took an adhd test online I seem to display the signs except the hyperactivity, it was strange going through the questions as I didn't really see the signs as been unusual personal traits but that could just be because they are normal to me.

My out-of the box thinking has always been a benefit to me, working on visualisations just now, the book I'm reading says that many people struggle with this but it's kind of second nature to a natural daydreamer.
Old 28-04-2017, 02:11 PM
Master

There is ADD and there is ADHD. I am ADD. I have a grandaughter that grew up ADHD. A distinct difference. The H stands for hyperactive. And she certainly was.

Oooooh, a building with high ceilings, echoey conversations, feeling exposed, uncomfortable.

I don't see empathy as a positive either. Even watching a program on tv, or a video, if I see someone get hurt (even if they are acting), I get deep pains down in my solar plexus, every time. And I've gotten more sensitive the older I am.

Thinking outside the box has been a benefit to me as well. I grew up asking, "Why?" to pretty much everything. I wanted to know why I was supposed to act this way or say that. Of course now I know it's to fit in, but I've never been a fitter inner. But thinking outside the box has also allowed me to break patterns that I want to change within myself. Something my husband, for example, cannot do. He only know how to do what he has done his entire life.
Old 28-04-2017, 04:27 PM
Guide

Oooooooops
Old 28-04-2017, 04:27 PM
Guide

Yip "why?" is my catchphrase!

I have definitely been reborn more than once in this life and agree its to do with thinking differently than others. My partner is who he is, very much of this world and what it can offer, he never discourages me though just let's me get on with what I do.
Been great chatting with you Deb :-)
Old 28-04-2017, 05:07 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
I do tick the empath boxes but I don't really see empathy as the gift that others see it as.
#agreeable and #relatable.

I am a highly sensitive empath and a self destructive one, which as the name suggests, causes myself many problems. It's so exhausting that occasionally I attempt to just let it go, but I let it go too much and feel awful about it afterwards. I combine this overactive empathy problem with my possible thought/bipolar disorders and it's very exhausting to live with most of the time.
Old 28-04-2017, 07:20 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacier Serenade
#agreeable and #relatable.

I am a highly sensitive empath and a self destructive one, which as the name suggests, causes myself many problems. It's so exhausting that occasionally I attempt to just let it go, but I let it go too much and feel awful about it afterwards. I combine this overactive empathy problem with my possible thought/bipolar disorders and it's very exhausting to live with most of the time.

I can relate to the self destructive aspect, have put myself in some very destructive situations in the past.

By just let go do you mean suicidal thoughts? If you did yes have been there, it all gets to much.

You are clearly living with some guilt? Why are you guilty what are you guilty of? Understand that then you are halfway to solving your problems.
Old 20-05-2017, 01:50 PM
Newbie ;)

I also have ADHD (self diagnosed by "symptoms"), my son, ADD, my daughter ADHD (diagnosed). None of us ever took medicine and I am happy for that, but we have learned skills to work for us and I actually find that, even though my focus is not the best, I can handle multi tasking very well.

I have high energy so to dispel some of that, I exercise, teach fitness and dance classes and keep very busy.

So how does one know if they or their children are indigo or star children?
Old 03-06-2017, 03:41 PM
Newbie ;)

I've learn that I am and indigo very late. I had been diognosed with ADD when I was child. Education system in my country force students to study and compete like race horses. I've always been treated as highly intelligent child so the teachers and my parent had always high expactations from me. But sitting and reading or studying was a torture for me because of my ADD (But I always love math geometry and phisycs they need less focus and more fun). I can't tell how much pressure I'had been exposed in the years I should play and have fun. Unfortunatly I used ritalin for 3 year and concerta for one year (their side effect is depression) now I've learn that those kind of medicines kills the indigo soul :(