Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 25-02-2017, 04:37 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucely
If thats true perhaps its the placebo effect why ppl claim why their so good (which by the way cures ppl as good as real medicine). It also doesnt take away the fact that it was formed millions of years ago, thats the type of mojo u cant measure

Dirt was formed millions of years ago too, as was granite, as were lots of other things. Maybe it's all in peoples heads because it has a pleasant gentle glow and people just feel good being close to natural things. Like trees, like the shore, like a meadow......

And for those who think science doesn't explain everything, well you might be right, but at the same time, when science does explain stuff and you don't believe it anyway......then what? Like matter isn't real until you look and then it exists and as our world is 'matter', what would happen if we all looked away at the same time? Or when science says that a meat eating diet is killing the planet.....and it explains it.....then what?
Old 25-02-2017, 09:24 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Salt lamps are beautiful and cast a lovely light into the room. There is something a bit peaceful about that light.

BUT...the ones I have known end up malfunctioning basically because they attract ANY moisture in the air. Even moisture you wouldn't normally notice. They 'weep' and anything you stand them on will become wet. The fittings underneath turn rusty very quickly and then the power doesn't work any more. They end up blowing the trip-switch.
Moisture/water + Electricity....not a good combination.

I have two salt lamps, have had them probably ten years is so. Mine have never become wet or had moisture under them and the electrics are just fine. What I have read is that there are fake lamps out there.
Old 25-02-2017, 10:40 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrycia-Rose
I have two salt lamps, have had them probably ten years is so. Mine have never become wet or had moisture under them and the electrics are just fine. What I have read is that there are fake lamps out there.

Same here. I have never had any issues with mine, I guess it depends where you put it and what the space is used for. Even if there aren't any benefits, I still love them.
Old 26-02-2017, 12:28 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrycia-Rose

Maybe mine was a fake. Or it might work better in a really very dry environment. I can't guarantee that in my old house. (In England too! LOL)
Old 26-02-2017, 01:18 AM
Guide
Its possible if u had electric problems with it the bulb may be too powerful. I think 15 watt is the max?

Re about science and when i mentioned picking them up and smelling the bottom, i think the ions and many things advertised about them get trapped inside. The inside gets much hotter and i dont get how it would emit anything from the inside out. Lol i wonder if scientists have ever tried that, sometimes ppl miss the most obvious things
Old 26-02-2017, 01:39 AM
Super Moderator
In my case it was just the salt block absorbing moisture from the air, as salt does. Maybe the fittings weren't done to a high standard though....to bear that in mind. But I always had to have it in a dish, as it actually ended up dripping moisture after a while. Which is a shame, because I really liked the light effect of that lamp in the room. I think Clover, your idea of a rose quartz lamp is my solution. I will have to get one, one day when I can buy one.
Old 28-02-2017, 04:19 PM
Master

I love mine. It casts a positive light. It feels protective.I have found it easier to relax and work with crystals or do readings when it is on. It is simply lovely to gaze at when lit. The orangy glow can lead to increased creativity. My impressions:)
Old 01-03-2017, 05:13 PM
Guide
All this talk of salt lamps - I've bought another one! I like the gentle, orange glow, so warming for the sacral chakra.
Old 02-03-2017, 02:32 PM
Deactivated Account

I saw this on Amazon for only 22 dollars, it is also a Air purifier. Brilliant! Its on my wish list.

Toby this is my Rose Quartz lamp. Lots of love from this one
Crystals and stones look a lot smaller on camera, but the lamps are pretty thick and large, and very heavy!. Here is mine 'lit'. Not much light, the cashier told me to put a different bulb in it, preferably a 'color' one..

Old 02-03-2017, 03:09 PM
Those into these would probably like a Selenite lamp also...in
Colorado, USA...they are $35. (And with a pink or amber bulb, nice.)
I find it energizes the room...like a cup of coffee!
Not to be placed in a bedroom, ha!

They say it cleanses the room and other crystals in the area.
(Love my salt lamps.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru