Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 14-12-2010, 05:10 AM
TheDivine

My NDEs

I have had three near death experiences in my life.

The first was when I was a year old and had a severe case of influenza. After prolonged dehydration I slipped into a coma. I don't remember much from when I was unconscious, but I do remember it being white, not black or dark as some of us would imagine nothingness to be. When I awoke in the hospital some three days later, I remember feeling lighter and more ethereal.

The second time was when I had malaria and dysentery at the same time, when I was in Nepal. I was alone and in my hotel. I had 48 hours of diarrhea and my rule was that after two days of diarrhea I would always take antibiotics, but the 2 day point happened at night time, so I had to wait until morning. I had diarrhea throughout the entire night but because there was no light, I didn't realize it was mostly blood. In the morning when I awoke, everything had a halo around it, and everything was enveloped in bright lights. I felt completely apathetic about the state of my body, and my mind felt somewhat blissful. I could hear faint voices... actually, they weren't voices exactly. I don't know how to describe it. I must have been surrounded by beings of some kind. Everything felt peaceful and still. I was dying.

I laid there, content to die... but eventually something forced me out of bed. I crawled across the floor to the bathroom, turned on the cold shower, and laid beneath it. This rejuvenated me enough to agonizingly walk down the street to a clinic around the corner (and I was lucky there was one). Nepalese people who saw me walking down the street looked horrified... they ran to me and helped me walk to the clinic. My eyes were sunken, I was pale and emaciated, and my ribs were visible (under my clothes). In the clinic they gave me an antibiotic IV for the dehydration and dysentery, and malaria medication.

The third time was here in Canada, just this past summer. I contracted severe salmonella food poisoning from eating meat at a Safeway. It took less than 10 hours for me to go from normal to so dehydrated that I entered hypovolemic shock. My roommate found me unconscious and called an ambulance. I had the same experience again of being surrounded by halos, light, and lovely beings. Even though my body was in intense physical pain, I wanted to quietly slip away and be with these beings.

My experiences are not the true essence of the NDEs we read about, where people feel disembodiment, or see tunnels of light... but their descriptions of feeling love, peace, and assurance that everything will be alright, are all things I have had in mine.
Old 14-12-2010, 05:31 AM
Master
Angel1

Whoah boy, you must be a cat with 9 lives, scratch 3~thank goodness you survived to tell about those.

{My grandmother had always been really afraid of death, but one of the last times she was in the hospital, she 'died' and came back, and told my mom she went through the tunnel / grid and that whatever else she experienced, she was no longer afraid to die. She's been gone a long time now.}

Old 14-12-2010, 06:34 AM
TheDivine

Yeah, I know a couple of people who saw the tunnel as well and they say the exact same thing. They have no fear of death now and live their lives to the fullest. I never got quite that far with the NDEs, at least not that I know of, but I definitely did re-evaluate a lot of things when I got healthy again. It helps to put what matters into perspective, for sure.

I hope it's not a matter of having 9 lines, mostly because I don't want to go through it 6 more times, OR know that there is a limit to what can happen to me. The physical pain of it is intolerable even though it brings a lot of experiences.

At this point I am inclined to think that we have been incorrect in separating life and death. They are the same, continuous thing, whatever "this" is. Death is a change, not an end. A couple of things these people told me is that they also experienced their consciousness expanding and they could understand many more things - things which they forgot after coming back to their human life again.
Old 20-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Gauss

Speaking of NDE and what really happens later I would recommend reading "Heaven and Hell" by Emmanuel Swedenborg:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/swd/index.htm
Old 19-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Richinside

"The Boy Who Came back From Heaven"

You are very lucky, and I guess your time here isn't up yet. You may want to read a book called "The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven" as it is the true experience of a 6 year old boy who "died" and went to Heaven.

I read it and was amazed, and I also posted a review on my website at spiritualfictionbooks.com if you want to take a look.

Good health to you from now on, until God REALLY wants you (however not too soon).

Laughter and love,

Richinside