Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 18-07-2015, 08:49 PM
Administrator
Swearing Reminders

Hello Members

We have a HUGE increase in the number of ***** we are seeing on site. When the ***** appear this means that it is a "Word Filter" and that means it is a word that we do not feel if befitting of SF.

Please note that we have members of all languages here, and that we have young members here. We have been trying to bring this to members attention by doing "word edit by SF Staff" but that is not working it would seem.

Please watch your postings carefully as we can suspend or remove accounts for this offense.

SF Admin
Old 21-07-2015, 09:51 AM
Octy

I would like to thank the SF staff for helping to keep this site clean and safe (although not always possible I'm sure). Just knowing that this is the intention of SF feels good. Really good. Sits well in the heart. Thank you SF Staff!
Old 22-07-2015, 08:09 AM
Master
I actually enjoy reading profanity in people's posts as it brings to life the emotions behind the words. I don't think anyone takes much offense to them unless its directed in an offensive way which isn't often the case.
Old 22-07-2015, 04:34 PM
Administrator
Hello

We get reports all the time about language issues that is why there is a "word filter" on site. Also it is against the site rules with the service provider.

Lynn

SF Admin
Old 23-07-2015, 01:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

We get reports all the time about language issues that is why there is a "word filter" on site.

Lynn

SF Admin

Really??? I'm quite surprised grown adults would complain over such trivial things. Particularly on a spiritual forum.
Old 23-07-2015, 01:23 AM
Master
I think it's better without people swearing, even though I'm colourfully spoken myself.
Old 23-07-2015, 01:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Really??? I'm quite surprised grown adults would complain over such trivial things. Particularly on a spiritual forum.

To flip that around from my point of view, I am surprised that grown adults often can't express themselves without swearing. Particularly on a spiritual forum. I find it very aggressive and I appreciate being able to read the posts here without it.

Old 23-07-2015, 03:11 AM
Master
For me its not about whether a person can or can't express themselves with or without swearing but whether its really worth whining and complaining about. I guess its because i've seen far worse on the net that such things seem so trivial to me. I'll take the swearing over the passive aggressive comments or belittling statements any day.
Old 23-07-2015, 03:20 AM
Administrator
Hello

The rule is here and its been here since I came in February 2007.

Swearing: We feel that foul or offensive language has no place here, this is a family forum and should be treated as such. Swear words are also not allowed in abbreviated internet acronym form and those that are censored out using ****' symbols. continual and deliberate swearing will result in warnings and possible Disciplinary Action.

Lynn

SF Admin
Old 23-07-2015, 12:04 PM
Master
the other day I wrote that "I cleaned the c r a p out of a basement" and it found that word as swearing....I don't think I would have offended anyone's sensibilities with that.