Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 28-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Hi WS: it's very simple.. you seem to be looking for complex or profound.. but, it's not.. "It is what it IS".. and that's it..

Be well..

No... I really am not looking for complex or profound. I simply am trying to understand the passion behind whatever "Isness' means to you and for no real reason other than to 'understand' you better.
'It is what it IS' is only simple if you have found depth and simplicity in it.
For others 'it is what it IS' can be argued for centuries and not so simple.
It is that depth between your words that I was attempting to grasp.
I mean really, if it simply 'is what it is' than isn't everything and every position or non-position position here on this forum what it IS?
And if you feel that way, then stillness is what it is as well as non-stillness is what it is as well as the 'truth' you compared Isness to in you initial thread.
Again, I am just trying to understand you.
James
Old 28-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Am I correct in saying that what you are saying is that we are the space (isness) that allows

I'm saying that.
Old 28-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
I'm saying that.

I could see myself saying that, believing that, but then who exactly would be seeing himself saying that?

Here again is an example of "I don't know" when I use it here:

To say that, there has to be someone or something there or believed to be there to think they know that.
To be aware of that, there has to be someone or something there believed to be there to think they are aware of that.

I'm not saying that there isn't, I am saying that there is nothing here 'known' that knows that and consequently, there is no desire to say it or believe it.

Knowing that has fallen away. Being aware of that has fallen away.
It has been questioned, not ignored. It has not been answered. It has been fulfilled.
Thanks for listening...James

Last edited by BlueSky : 28-10-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old 28-10-2010, 04:55 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
No... I really am not looking for complex or profound. I simply am trying to understand the passion behind whatever "Isness' means to you and for no real reason other than to 'understand' you better.
'It is what it IS' is only simple if you have found depth and simplicity in it.
For others 'it is what it IS' can be argued for centuries and not so simple.
It is that depth between your words that I was attempting to grasp.
I mean really, if it simply 'is what it is' than isn't everything and every position or non-position position here on this forum what it IS?
And if you feel that way, then stillness is what it is as well as non-stillness is what it is as well as the 'truth' you compared Isness to in you initial thread.
Again, I am just trying to understand you.
James
Yes.. now, what 'is' it.. it's not for me to tell you what it 'is', i'm only suggesting 'that' it is.. and 'it' represents anything and nothing..

Be well..
Old 28-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Greetings..

Yes.. now, what 'is' it.. it's not for me to tell you what it 'is', i'm only suggesting 'that' it is.. and 'it' represents anything and nothing..

Be well..

Well, all I can say is this dialog has reaffirmed for me that we can never truly understand each other. lol
I already knew that but must have fallen into unconsciousness thinking I could or should understand anything, including you or anyone else. It doesn't work that way.
Thanks...I appreciate your response.
James
Old 28-10-2010, 05:31 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Well, all I can say is this dialog has reaffirmed for me that we can never truly understand each other. lol
I already knew that but must have fallen into unconsciousness thinking I could or should understand anything, including you or anyone else. It doesn't work that way.
Thanks...I appreciate your response.
James
Nice.. now, just let it go.. let it be what it 'is'.. not what "I" say it is, whichever "I" you might be considering..

Be well..
Old 28-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Greetings..

Nice.. now, just let it go.. let it be what it 'is'.. not what "I" say it is, whichever "I" you might be considering..

Be well..

Yes..exactly!

Let it go?
Funny thing about that, playing this out has seemed to allow it to just fall away all by itself. Cool!
Old 28-10-2010, 06:35 PM
Lisa

Quote:
I could see myself saying that, believing that, but then who exactly would be seeing himself saying that?

Here again is an example of "I don't know" when I use it here:

To say that, there has to be someone or something there or believed to be there to think they know that.
To be aware of that, there has to be someone or something there believed to be there to think they are aware of that.

I'm not saying that there isn't, I am saying that there is nothing here 'known' that knows that and consequently, there is no desire to say it or believe it.

Knowing that has fallen away. Being aware of that has fallen away.
It has been questioned, not ignored. It has not been answered. It has been fulfilled.
Thanks for listening...James

That is lovely, James.

When I post, there usually isn't much heaviness or seriousness to it.
It's more light and playful.

What I was saying was just that this sings to me, this says yes to me, I like this.
That's all.

I am not being complex or complicated or anything like that.

Just simple stuff.

I'm not thinking much about it.

So if you reply seriously- there's not much for me to say.

I'm clapping at stars!

Old 28-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
That is lovely, James.

When I post, there usually isn't much heaviness or seriousness to it.
It's more light and playful.

What I was saying was just that this sings to me, this says yes to me, I like this.
That's all.

I am not being complex or complicated or anything like that.

Just simple stuff.

I'm not thinking much about it.

So if you reply seriously- there's not much for me to say.

I'm clapping at stars!

Cool, I envy your playfullness.
I am serious and deep about such things. It is what it is.
I'll try and keep it to myself next time. lol
Old 31-10-2010, 01:18 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Cool, I envy your playfullness.
I am serious and deep about such things. It is what it is.
I'll try and keep it to myself next time. lol
Hi James: Playfulness and genuine curiosity are inherent qualities of the human experience.. watch children, they are eager to learn about things around them, and they are elegantly playful.. it's when we begin to think there's something to be 'gained', something that gives us an 'advantage' that we get serious.. when we strip away the stories and values and get back to 'isness', playfulness and curiosity are easy..

Be well..