Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 13-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Master
? Our energy body & our subconscious ?

I've been doing a lot of work on my energy-body levels, and have noticed a lot of compelling dream imagery. I'd like to hear people's ideas on how the energy body (chakras, fields, energy meridians, etc) relate to the stream of our mentality that lies below waking consciousness.

Some refer to the energy body as the "etheric body"... while some use the term "subtle body" and some call it the "astral body" (or other terms). I don't want anyone's ideas on this excluded over these distinctions of jargon. If you have something to contribute, please join in the conversation.

My background is many years of yoga-type meditation, plus keeping a dream journal for a year - and, since that year, at least paying attention to unusual dreams after waking up in the morning. Also, dedication/affirmation and prayer.

Overlapping with the more mental & meditative practices (and much more recently), I got into "energy work" by being attuned to Reiki. In the last year, I've had a number of Reconnective Healing sessions. All of these practices and processes have contributed positively to my path in life - I feel more alive, balanced, aware, and capable. I'm trying to gain some understanding of the relationship between the different aspects or processes.

How do you make sense of the interplay of mind or "consciousness phenomena" with the energy body that underlies our physical body in this incarnation?
Old 13-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Ivy

It sounds like you have similarities on your path to me.

In the past, I have made some sense of energy and how it works. But at the moment I feel blocked from 'making sense' of it... so it may be that I'm not meant to at the moment.

So I guess I'm not much help to you on this thread. But I replied because I'm human, and like you, I would like to understand it more...but I shall have to wait and see what life brings....the universe does have a regular habit of providing when one asks, though perhaps not always in the most obvious way.
Old 13-05-2013, 04:42 PM
Ivy

So having said I have a mental block regarding energy...I just went and wrote a little bit on it on this thread... http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...t=51419&page=2

so perhaps there is understanding when its needed...who knows :-)
Old 13-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Master
One thing I've wondered is if all deep energy work tends to stir the subconscious and produce a lot of dream imagery?

Recently, in my conscious life during my waking hours, I've revisited a lot of old situations (often confusing or painful ones) and seen them in a clearer, freer way... processing into a more liberated understanding. And as my energy body and physical body have been going through a cleaning and decompression, I've had dream scenarios with old school classmates, old (often now deceased) relatives, friends I haven't seen in years, and also various symbolic characters (like the archetypes Carl Jung wrote about).

I feel this is a byproduct of my energy body and physical body going through a cleaning and decompression. So, while I feel better in my conscious life, I sense the subconscious is connected in some way with the energy-body healing. But how?
Old 13-05-2013, 06:00 PM
Ivy

Yes, absolutely.

Something experience teaches is that we are holistic beings. One cant effect one aspect without effecting everything else.

When emotions flow, energy flows...and when energy blocks release...emotions are released.
Old 13-05-2013, 06:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanemon
I've been doing a lot of work on my energy-body levels, and have noticed a lot of compelling dream imagery. I'd like to hear people's ideas on how the energy body (chakras, fields, energy meridians, etc) relate to the stream of our mentality that lies below waking consciousness.

Some refer to the energy body as the "etheric body"... while some use the term "subtle body" and some call it the "astral body" (or other terms). I don't want anyone's ideas on this excluded over these distinctions of jargon. If you have something to contribute, please join in the conversation.

My background is many years of yoga-type meditation, plus keeping a dream journal for a year - and, since that year, at least paying attention to unusual dreams after waking up in the morning. Also, dedication/affirmation and prayer.

Overlapping with the more mental & meditative practices (and much more recently), I got into "energy work" by being attuned to Reiki. In the last year, I've had a number of Reconnective Healing sessions. All of these practices and processes have contributed positively to my path in life - I feel more alive, balanced, aware, and capable. I'm trying to gain some understanding of the relationship between the different aspects or processes.

How do you make sense of the interplay of mind or "consciousness phenomena" with the energy body that underlies our physical body in this incarnation?

I've never had an ordinary dream. I don't think anyone does, but I've never asked if people do. Dreams are at level of energy. As said it is imagery at its most powerful so we can understand why dreams are felt spiritually related. In them people often come to understand(ing) by means of experience. Dreams allow experience. This is why I considered them important. Often answers come in them. I recall dealing with complex thoughts in dreams that almost have the capability to be resolved, I mean seeing things as never before, and other times waking with final understanding.

Energy is important because thoughts affect energy. The body itself is told what energy to make. Of course chakras as we know them correspond to organs located there that are part of the process. Does the mind feel? The body through the mind is able to be controlled by expectations. Everyone knows anyone can heal themselves but don't know how yet. Many might be able to and in some instances the opposite view, they know how to harm themselves. This also is a concept of energy.

The interplay of dreams is more then elements of Alpha, Beta, Delta, Theta waves but it is that we actually do it. Simply there are levels you aren't even aware of what you can do as opposed to what you do. In dreams, as in meditation, they are states that mirror one another. Dreams are still thoughts. One of the things that happens is the free flow of thought between the hemispheres of the brain and each side sees things differently, IOW different part of the brain dominate.

The actual brain seems to have circuit breakers. These are things best practiced and practiced.
Old 13-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Master
Quote:
One thing I've wondered is if all deep energy work tends to stir the subconscious and produce a lot of dream imagery?

Recently, in my conscious life during my waking hours, I've revisited a lot of old situations (often confusing or painful ones) and seen them in a clearer, freer way... processing into a more liberated understanding. And as my energy body and physical body have been going through a cleaning and decompression, I've had dream scenarios with old school classmates, old (often now deceased) relatives, friends I haven't seen in years, and also various symbolic characters (like the archetypes Carl Jung wrote about).

I feel this is a byproduct of my energy body and physical body going through a cleaning and decompression. So, while I feel better in my conscious life, I sense the subconscious is connected in some way with the energy-body healing. But how?

when did you notice this? i ask bc for the past several weeks i have been noticing this as well things i once view subjectively i started viewing with clarity.... i wonder if it's somehow related to the shift..
Old 13-05-2013, 07:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
when did you notice this? i ask bc for the past several weeks i have been noticing this as well things i once view subjectively i started viewing with clarity.... i wonder if it's somehow related to the shift..
I'm a middle-aged guy, and I kept the dream journal I mentioned over 20 years ago. I had particularly vivid dreams during the time I kept the journal, and they have cropped up for me from time to time since. I got into Reiki and got involved with healings from other healers about 10 years ago, so some other incredible dreams - like one involving a Phoenix bird that flew low over my porch so I could pat its head - emerged back at that point.

It's just been in the last year that I've had Reconnective Healing sessions, and maybe in the last few months that some vivid dreams involving people from long ago in my life have occurred. Also some dreams with obvious archetype figures.

It's hard to know when "the Shift" that people refer to started - just last year? five years ago? 10, 20?

But I would be interested in your thoughts about this, Rosewater.
Old 14-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Master

Hi Tanemon,
Quote:
When considering the influence of a more subtle element to our human perception, interpretation or experience. There is a need of a framework to offer more than a personalized answer, to a singular experience. The reasons are simple, as differing perspectives produce difference in interpreted association, while what may be the central focus for understanding, may be the `same` while defined as many in its interpreted differences.

There is the question of `nature` which identifies position of observation, interpretation and understanding. If I use the term ethereal to define that underlining element of influence, in human heightened experience, then human nature is observing an ethereal nature. Add to both those natures, an astral or Spiritual nature, and we may recognize, that what is ethereal in nature, may be perceived in difference depending on which perspective observes. While that ethereal nature remains just what it is, in nature?

Understanding the variations of influence, an ethereal nature may have within human experiential awareness, requires a singularly human perspective first, before any other may be added. So what are human perspectives of that ethereal underlining element to our experience.

Extrasensory perception as a sixth sense was a dominating definition in the science of parapsychology. Then the psyche and its psychic abilities unleashed, premonitions, divination, telekinesis, telepathy as empathy. As the medium of Spiritual connectivity produced varied `Clair’s` (clear) perceptions in an unearthly sense, as the chakras became the mechanism of such a non-biological sense. So the list as energy states became even greater.

So if `all` these `extrasensory perceptions` are actually the `same` sensitivity, and that sensitivity is the nature of our subtle ethereal perception. Then all that difference in interpreted meaning may become the `same` as sensitivity, when recognized as the `nature` of ethereal perception.

This would then allow for consideration to understand what that perception produced by an ethereal nature of sensitivity may be. And what its variations may supply beyond the nature of human biological experience. As in OBE`s (out of body experiences,) or the lucidity of astral dreams, as opposed to their psychological alternatives. For example;

Quote:

The nature of sensitivity reflects that if there are two natures, causes for two aspects of sensitivity. Then it becomes obvious that while one predominates, (human biological sensitivity), the other (ethereal subtle sensitivity), is subdued. So the question becomes how to switch or adapt from one to the other. This is where the nature of sub consciousness and unconsciousness identify the processes by which an intended or natural surrender of biological sensitivity becomes apparent.

During waking consciousness, an adaption into a more subconscious awareness may be realized. We refer to such a change when instinct becomes intuitiveness. And though the change is subtle in nature, its resulting effects can be clearly manifest. But if intuition is an aspect of our ethereal nature in sensitivity, then its `nature` in perception, has overlaid the nature of our human surface perception. And realizing that this can and has occurred, is key to understanding the ethereal nature of sensitivity in human experience.

While the nature of unconscious dream conditions, have a biological nature to their psychology. They also contain the subtlety of ethereal nature in the astral elements of ethereal currents and resonance flows. In essence whether sub-conscious in waking state or while unconscious in the lucidity of astral dreams. The key to understanding the influence of the ethereal underlining element of our energy experiences is recognizing what its perception brings to our awareness, as compared to our human nature of perception.

I have referred to it as, `a third party position of observation`. As the ethereal nature of perception, may reflect the most objective clarity, to the subjectivity of a human conscious bias perception, whether in waking sub-conscious or unconscious states of experiential perception. And that ethereal nature of sensitivity can change the past, present or future through its objective clarity. So that clarity in objectivity is what `heals` the bias perceptions and reactions of human surface perceptions and interpretations.

Apologies if this is a little long winded. But the focus of this discussion is the heart of my Spiritual understanding. For without the natural medium that is the ethereal condition, there would be no Spiritual in human experiential awareness. And as its nature is the most significant element of our human Spiritual interconnectivity, it is also the most unrecognized, misunderstood or overlooked element of `our` nature.
Old 14-05-2013, 09:45 PM
Angelstar

The way l see is that through The Self or inner body,we are aware of every thing around us.The inner body is connected to the outer body by the The autonomic nervous system.Our dreams,experiences,and realities come through by way of the higher thought prosseses of the inner self,which imprints these thought prosseses in our objective mind through electrical impluses.

You mentioned that you got into energy work Through Reiki and that you felt that the sessions contributed,in the way you now feel,such as feeling more alive,Balanced and aware what you have been doing is producing a balance between the psychic mind and that of the outer mind.Both must work in harmony to produce a postive effect the more the psychic part of the mind is evolved the more of an impact it has on the outer mind or objective mind