Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 15-04-2012, 11:07 PM
chiquitita

'+' and '-' concept

What do you think of this universal concept of duality, how would you explain this and how it affects your daily life as a human being?
Old 16-04-2012, 12:40 AM
Sundialed

They are of equal strength.

Everything strives for balance.

See my signature.
Old 16-04-2012, 12:52 AM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiotic Self
They are of equal strength.

Everything strives for balance.

See my signature.

yep, i compare it to our weather here where i live. for a few days or weeks it will be cold and then the next few days or weeks it will be hot...then we will have a month of gorgeous weather.

all about the balance.
Old 16-04-2012, 03:44 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

The fundamental relationship is between that which 'is', and that which 'is not'.. the original 'duality'.. that which 'is' is real, that which 'is not' is not real..

There are numerous belief systems, religions, and philosophies, many of which conflict with each other, each claiming to be truer than the others.. what is the common element among these? belief, faith, intangible and imaginary results, intangible and imaginary principles.. each marketing their 'truth' based on faith and beliefs..

There are observable and experiencable processes of existence that cannot be dismissed except by irrational denial, some of these observable and experiencable processes are self-evident, known to be consistent with existence, and without normally occurring contradictions.. submerging one's hand in boiling water will, under normal circumstances, cause pain and physical damage.. the pain, in a nominally functioning human body, and damage are self-evident results from submerging one's hand in boiling water.. conditions that are 'self-evident' are understandable without depending on explanations or supporting evidence..

Duality is self-evident. There are existent and quantifiable conditions, they are consistently revealed, and they are without valid contradictions, they are 'self-evident', and.. they are understood as having the quality of 'isness', of that which 'is'.. There are conditions claimed, but that are not revealed consistently among experiencers, that cannot be quantified or verified, and.. that except for imagining the conditions, as has been previously described in some manner, the condition does not 'exist'.. these conditions are not self-evident, they are not naturally understood, rather there is dependence upon explanations, faith, and imagination/visualization.. these conditions do not exist outside of the mind's processes, they are not self-evident, having the quality of 'is notness', that which is 'not'..

We/us/Life are the result of the interaction between 'isness' and 'is notness' (duality), and.. we/us/Life are the vehicles through which 'is' and 'is not' interact in an eternal dance of creation, of change.. 'is notness' is an infinite and eternal emptiness, fertile with unmanifested potential, like imagination..

Knowledge ('isness') is born of experience.. 'is notness', the unknown, is made known ('isness') through the experiences of we/us/Life... 'That which is not' includes 'that' which is not and cannot be manifested into existence..

That which 'is' includes synergies where there is a result created that is greater than the sum of the participants in the creative synergies.. an example might be a group of people working cooperatively accomplish statistically and substantially more than the members of the group would have accomplished individually.. this level of cooperative accomplishment has the capacity to end hunger, and poverty, and oppression, and.. possibly end preventable suffering.. that feels pretty 'spiritual' to me..

'Is' and 'is not' are the original 'Duality', it is the fundamental condition that is the model for existence, its influence is observable in every aspect of reality and existence..

Be well..
Old 16-04-2012, 04:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquitita
What do you think of this universal concept of duality, how would you explain this and how it affects your daily life as a human being?

Perhaps is the "knowledge" that one have that distingushed or differenciate or created the concept of duality ...........perhaps is all of no difference , same as all is a source of own learning process .

In my current understanding of Buddhism , duality never existed , there is no right verses wrong , + verses - , good verses bad , happy verses sad even true verses false ..........is all SAME and EQUAL ....all actions , re-actions is a source of learning for oneself is only the attachment of oneself to his knowledge that had created duality .....to me the fact is duality is never a comparison or reverse from one to another ..........perhaps due to this creation of duality humans created the " death" verses "alive" , " sorrow verses joy"......and became human worst nightmare / suffering.........

So to me is always ownself cause own suffering ........not others .
Thks
CSEe
Old 16-04-2012, 04:30 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
So to me is always ownself cause own suffering ........not others .
Thks
CSEe
How do you explain that to starving and suffering child in a war-zone? how do you explain to the child that it's their own fault?

Be well..
Old 16-04-2012, 04:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

How do you explain that to starving and suffering child in a war-zone? how do you explain to the child that it's their own fault?

Be well..

In my current understanding of Buddhism , all action or re-action by ownself or by others is a source of learning to all .

Refer to your case , If I see a child suffering in a war zone , I will perhaps helps him in any way I can because if I am in possition to help the child but I choose not to , one day perhaps I move to greater realization I will regrets my action and suffer of my own regrets ........
In my current understanding of Buddhism , if I am a child in war zone all the experiences that I faced will be part of my own learning process to know my own desire , emotions , hate , love , greed etc ...........

' Fault" or " sin" or " bad" never existed in Buddhism ......is no one fault as one will suffer on his own action .............
The army even if he enjoy his action killing a children perhaps will one day regrets his own action after he moved to greater realization and he will suffer of his own regrets ...........

If I am the father of the child killed , currently I will find the killer of my child and un-skin him , chopped off his head because currently I am still full of pollutant having all my desire , emotions , love , ego , hate etc ....but perhaps if I had moved to greater realization accepting that " my child" is never owned by me and regard him same and equal as the killer .....I will learned from the action never attack the killer...............

Perhaps is the attachement on the " knowledge" thats makes human define " fault' , "wrong" , " bad" and pursueing to make it " right".......in this process human is in merry go round of making "regrets" , creating more regrets...and regrets while continue to enjoy making " own suffering".............
Thks
CSEe
Old 16-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
yep, i compare it to our weather here where i live. for a few days or weeks it will be cold and then the next few days or weeks it will be hot...then we will have a month of gorgeous weather.

all about the balance.
It is about balance Gracey ... i agree ... we have a saying here in Australia which is supposed to be comedic, but actually makes perfect sense ...'It always rains after a dry spell' ...
Old 16-04-2012, 01:08 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
In my current understanding of Buddhism , all action or re-action by ownself or by others is a source of learning to all .

Refer to your case , If I see a child suffering in a war zone , I will perhaps helps him in any way I can because if I am in possition to help the child but I choose not to , one day perhaps I move to greater realization I will regrets my action and suffer of my own regrets ........
In my current understanding of Buddhism , if I am a child in war zone all the experiences that I faced will be part of my own learning process to know my own desire , emotions , hate , love , greed etc ...........

' Fault" or " sin" or " bad" never existed in Buddhism ......is no one fault as one will suffer on his own action .............
The army even if he enjoy his action killing a children perhaps will one day regrets his own action after he moved to greater realization and he will suffer of his own regrets ...........

If I am the father of the child killed , currently I will find the killer of my child and un-skin him , chopped off his head because currently I am still full of pollutant having all my desire , emotions , love , ego , hate etc ....but perhaps if I had moved to greater realization accepting that " my child" is never owned by me and regard him same and equal as the killer .....I will learned from the action never attack the killer...............

Perhaps is the attachement on the " knowledge" thats makes human define " fault' , "wrong" , " bad" and pursueing to make it " right".......in this process human is in merry go round of making "regrets" , creating more regrets...and regrets while continue to enjoy making " own suffering".............
Thks
CSEe
Are you aware that you didn't address the question i asked.. "How do you explain that to starving and suffering child in a war-zone? how do you explain to the child that it's their own fault?" so, change "fault" to "cause", how do you explain that the misfortune of a child is their own cause? how do you explain that it is not caused by their abuser, but it is their own cause?

You posted, "So to me is always ownself cause own suffering ........not others ." indicating that a child causes its own abuse.. and, i disagree.. this is the insanity of mind-play, where one can justify that it is okay to abuse others, because 'they' are the cause of it..

Be well..
Old 16-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Master
[quote=TzuJanLi]Greetings..

Are you aware that you didn't address the question i asked.. "How do you explain that to starving and suffering child in a war-zone? how do you explain to the child that it's their own fault?" so, change "fault" to "cause", how do you explain that the misfortune of a child is their own cause? how do you explain that it is not caused by their abuser, but it is their own cause?( Un-quote TzuJanLi )

...okey lets me try in other way .....
By knowledge , by culture one should explain or try to explain anything to those who he think need to be explained.......like a "teacher" trying to explain " Buddhism" to whom he think need his explaination ........a child say 5 years old is regarded to be "not knowing" compared to a 50 years old man...because of the age calculated on 365 days since birth....age is a determination factor to judge a being .........this is knowledge not Buddhism . In Buddhism "age" of a human does not exist..........a 5 years old boy is same and equal with a 50 years old man because realization on ownself cannot be measured or compared .........that child perhaps in greater realization than the soldier ..........

In Buddhism as far as I currently understand ......I only need to explained to myself no to others .....perhaps one should only understand the concept of Buddhism........perhaps I could only explain the concept of Buddhism to the child or just offer help for his comfort NOT for his benefit but eventually for ascape my own regrets ......

(Quote TzuJanLi )So to me is always ownself cause own suffering ........not others [/i]." indicating that a child causes its own abuse.. and, i disagree.. this is the insanity of mind-play, where one can justify that it is okay to abuse others, because 'they' are the cause of it..

Be well..[Un-QUOTE TzuJanLi]

In knowledge you are 100% Right ......but sir Buddhism to me currently is BEYOND knowledge ......The soldier causing pain to the child and the child suffer is cause by the soldier.....thats is in knowledge .
In Buddhism the soldier had created his own regrets/ own suffering by abusing the child and the child is offered a learning lesson to understand his own pain , hate , anger towards the soldier ......so is all part of learning lesson for all ......
Perhaps you might think I can allow others do it to me -NO because I still full of desire to hate , to love ,have emotions ........I am far from that realization of Buddhism .

In Buddhism no action is deemed to be "good or bad" , " right or wrong"...is all part of the process of learning , knowing , experincing , discovering OWNSELF.....by own realization.

Rdgs
CSEe