Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 27-02-2012, 12:10 PM
donnnn1
Posts: n/a
 
Jesus' teachings and what he said

I know some people of other faiths dont like the Bible but like what Jesus said and teached.

But what about when he said 'Those who live and believe in me will never die' ?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 27-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Shabby
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnnn1
I know some people of other faiths dont like the Bible but like what Jesus said and teached.

But what about when he said 'Those who live and believe in me will never die' ?

Hi Donnnn1,
It is not so much that people don't believe what Jesus said...it is the interpretation of what it means that he said.

Those who live and believe in me will never die.....

The three words that are up for interpretation are in my opinion the three words I highlighted. What does "Live" mean? How can we live in someone? Who is "me"? Jesus? Live in Jesus? How? Christ...being one with he father? Is it the Son? Who is the Son? Are we son's too? What does die mean? I am not going to have a physical death? Or is there another way to die? Or live?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 27-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Uma Uma is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,022
  Uma's Avatar
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
Hi Donnnn1,
It is not so much that people don't believe what Jesus said...it is the interpretation of what it means that he said.

Those who live and believe in me will never die.....

The three words that are up for interpretation are in my opinion the three words I highlighted. What does "Live" mean? How can we live in someone? Who is "me"? Jesus? Live in Jesus? How? Christ...being one with he father? Is it the Son? Who is the Son? Are we son's too? What does die mean? I am not going to have a physical death? Or is there another way to die? Or live?

You are so right on track with this Shabby!
__________________
"When you get caught in definitions you might miss the whole experience." ~ Sri Vasudeva
Uma's writings
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 27-02-2012, 03:02 PM
Rin
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
Hi Donnnn1,
It is not so much that people don't believe what Jesus said...it is the interpretation of what it means that he said.

Those who live and believe in me will never die.....

The three words that are up for interpretation are in my opinion the three words I highlighted. What does "Live" mean? How can we live in someone? Who is "me"? Jesus? Live in Jesus? How? Christ...being one with he father? Is it the Son? Who is the Son? Are we son's too? What does die mean? I am not going to have a physical death? Or is there another way to die? Or live?
I think you are going off-track here.

Those who live, and believe in me, will never die.....

Notice what a difference a simple comma makes. I don't see any problems. Believe in me might be interpreted in different ways but they will all work in some way for the people who chose that interpretation.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 27-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 12,396
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
Those who live and believe in me will never die.....

The three words that are up for interpretation
Yes, they certainly are.
I would say Jesus, the Spirit Man was speaking - not the Jesus that would say, "Pass the salt, please."

So when he said ''me'' - I think he was saying believe in or
be in the experience I am in - this Cosmic Consciousness and
you're a made man*.

* Sorry for the Mafia lingo
__________________
.
"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death
by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...
Meditate unceasingly, that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"

~Lahiri Mahasaya, the Guru of Yogananda's Guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.







Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 27-02-2012, 04:38 PM
donnnn1
Posts: n/a
 
Yeah I suppose there is many ways to interpret it.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 27-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Shabby
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
I think you are going off-track here.

Those who live, and believe in me, will never die.....

Notice what a difference a simple comma makes. I don't see any problems. Believe in me might be interpreted in different ways but they will all work in some way for the people who chose that interpretation.

What track? Actually I was trying to break up anything that could resemble a track. You found another way to interpret it and I bet there are another 100 ways.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 27-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Shabby
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Yes, they certainly are.
I would say Jesus, the Spirit Man was speaking - not the Jesus that would say, "Pass the salt, please."

So when he said ''me'' - I think he was saying believe in or
be in the experience I am in - this Cosmic Consciousness and
you're a made man*.

* Sorry for the Mafia lingo

Yes, that is also a valid interpretation.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 27-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Uma Uma is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,022
  Uma's Avatar
Quote:
Notice what a difference a simple comma makes.

If we're bringing up commas then we need to remember that there are many translations of bibles and many are translations of translations. And besides which nobody wrote anything down when Jesus was alive - so it's all either oral tradition or channeling...

Getting hung up on words is going to produce nothing.

What did Jesus MEAN when he said the things he said, no matter which translation you use, no matter where you put the commas?

We understand meaning when we share his experience because words are simply inadequate to explain spiritual truth-as-lived-experience.

We live in a fractal universe of multiple dimensions. You know when you are hearing the words of a true master when their words resonate on every level, every dimension. Some people will take them literally, some will see a metaphor, others will find in them hints as to mystical experiences and a pathway to follow.

How we understand depends on where we live - spiritually speaking.
__________________
"When you get caught in definitions you might miss the whole experience." ~ Sri Vasudeva
Uma's writings
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 27-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Dilchannan
Posts: n/a
 
Those (human beings who live) who believe in Him (with all their heart soul and spirit) shall not taste death. We (our soul) will not die but have eternal life. Those who do not believe in him shall perish..

Peace
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums