Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Aromatherapy

Old 04-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Sungirl

"grounding" oils?

Hi

Are there any oils that would help with grounding? I know patchouli is grounding but it makes my husband sick so I wondered if there was something else?

Thanks
Old 05-06-2011, 07:39 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilia
Hi

Are there any oils that would help with grounding? I know patchouli is grounding but it makes my husband sick so I wondered if there was something else?

Thanks

Hi tilia,

I haven't read anything that says so, but to me earthy oils such as pine and spruce would have the effect of helping one ground to the Earth Mother. I do also know that not every oil works the same on everyone, so you might want to experiment and see if the ones I named have the desired effect.

Another thing I have found helpful in grounding is hematite. I have a rather large chunk of it in my car, because it's very difficult for me to stay grounded and not go out of body when driving for long periods of time on the freeway... NOT a safe thing to do! When I feel myself getting a little spacey and starting to "book", I reach over and run my hand over the large hematite heart I affixed to my dash with silicon and it snaps me right back into my body
Old 05-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Master
Funny I was going to say anythign earthy would be helpful too...........also there are plenty of good googles you can look up for grounding, I also think it's a personal opinion for your husband, eg in general peppermint essential oil is for clarity and is supposed to wake you up, it puts my husband to sleep in an instant.
Spiritlite.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Sungirl

Hi Lightfilledheart, thanks for the heads up on Pine and Spruce, I will look into them.

For what I want to do a crystal wouldn't be appropriate. I have a wonderful Sheelite stone that grounds me beautifully, but is too big to carry... but I am investigating other forms of grounding methods at the moment and thought oils/smell would be an interesting angle....

Spiritlight... it's interesting how different oils work for people, I have at least 2 friends who get migraines from lavender... yet others swear by it for headaches. I take peppermint oil for upset stomach, it gives my dad stomach cramps... go figure!!

I may end up dowsing a list to see which oil would be best, but it's interesting to hear from others.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:44 AM
Master
No problem Tilia hope we were able to help a little.
Spiritlite.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:31 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
it's interesting how different oils work for people, I have at least 2 friends who get migraines from lavender... yet others swear by it for headaches. I take peppermint oil for upset stomach, it gives my dad stomach cramps... go figure!!

I find it to be the same with crystals and gemstones. There's all kinds of literature that describes the attributes of each, but I find it can vary from person to person, and therefore I advise everyone to pick the stone up and hold it and see what they feel with/from/towards it. For me, the first thing that attracts me to one is the appearance. If I find it beautiful and it draws me in, likely it has properties I will benefit from. I also hold them to see how they make me feel. And of course it goes without saying one should ALWAYS cleanse and clear any crystal one purchases from a store where it's been handled by both staff and customers alike. Crystals store and amplify energy, and you don't want one you expect to work for your benefit all muddied up with the energy of one or more people who handled it prior to you...!
Old 08-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Sungirl

Hi LFH.... we have differing beliefs on this.... have posted quite a lot in the crystals forum.

Crystals are my first port of call but I am looking to learn a little more about oils... I assumed (possibly wrongly) that as they are plant based their effects would be more prescribed... is that not the case? I guess the plant spirits have more to pass on than what is written in books,..... but oils aren't the same as crystals in that they are part of the plant rather than the whole thing..

As I say I don't know a lot about oils, but I am willing to learn...
Old 08-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Hi

Thanks

I find lavender helpful; have you tried that? Another one to think about is its cousin, sage.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Iku-Turso

Sandalwood - either East Indian or Amyris (which is West Indian if I recall right)

Frankincense (Boswellia carterii)

Pine

Spruce

Juniper (although it smells rather camphorus)

That's all I can think of.
Old 17-06-2011, 12:30 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Hi

Thanks

Hi tilia,

I love vetivert. Its smell is earthly. Not everyone enjoys it, but I've found it very grounding. This oil come from the roots deeply embedded in the earth. It helps to relax deeply held tensions and fears and protects those who are overly sensitive (empathic) by creating a psychic shield.