Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 21-09-2017, 02:43 AM
Newbie ;)

Roadblocks, "Evil" entities, persons, etc

Four years ago, after experimenting with healthy eating and a rather painful experience with a person who I later thought was my twin flame, I came to be interested in spirituality. A friend exposed me to a spiritual teacher who I followed - he mainly talked about the corruption and pitfalls of modern society, opening the third eye, getting into nature, and aligning the chakras. I became so dedicated to following this program that I left my life/job in the city for a spiritual sojourn in nature. I'd had some supernatural experiences prior, some inklings about my past lives, but these were pieces of a puzzle I couldn't yet fit together. I thought some time in a natural environment would help me put things together as to who I really am and what I am capable of. I also wanted to be able to see the truth of this world and the people in.

In my new location - I started becoming acutely aware that the people I was getting acquainted with were more spiritually advanced than me and could literally see right through me. This was fascinating and hard to believe at first, but unfortunately, for the most part, their morality/maturity did not match their powers. I felt they wielded these astonishing powers over me in order to further alienate me and deter me from reaching my own spiritual potential. On a few occasions these abilities were even used to pull immature pranks on me while I was focused on tasks like meditation, sun gazing, etc. I became depressed knowing that the spiritual world could be as cutthroat and scary as the corporate world. Before I left I embarked on a long term fast and seemed to come more fully into my clairaudient abilities. However, I was not pleased (to say the least) with the information I was receiving regarding peoples opinion of me/my character. It was unanimously negative. I understand I am not perfect by any means, but I thought the messages I was receiving were unfairly harsh and denigrating considering I've never intentionally tried to harm anyone or do something heinously bad.

I came home broken, more bewildered than enlightened. I struggled to cope with what I had experienced and stood mostly in isolation as my reputation among conscious people that I was "bad" seemed to precede me.

Since then I have tried a few times to get back on my path of attaining my goals spiritual and health wise. But it would seem that a good deal of people are invested against that happening. Every time I seem to regain my power I encounter a wave of resistance. Even my relations with family are strained over the issue. The other night while laying in bed I could hear my brother telling me I'm ugly and slow...neither of which are particularly true. When I am around him I occasionally hear him and his girlfriend thinking awful thoughts about me. It seems they have joined the bandwagon of people who despise me for absolutely no reason.

The strange thing is this all began to happen with my awakening, which I thought was supposed to be a positive experience. A part of me prefers the time when I was ignorant but there is a gnawing feeling that I need to fully awaken in order to understand why this is happening.

Any advice?
Old 21-09-2017, 04:06 AM
Master
Hello, Secret Squirrel.

I'm sorry to read of your unfortunate circumstances.

It is said with much clear wisdom that those who make a spectacular 'show' of their supernatural powers are indeed, morally corrupt.

Some undergo austere self-serving penance to develop these 'siddhis' but they remain totally attached to them and do not progress beyond this point. It's like the whole practice of spirituality for them is to wield power over themselves and over others.

It will take many births before they get past these two psychic knots, one occurring in their heart chakra and the other at the level of the third-eye itself.

Unfortunate as it is, many judge a 'guru' according to these siddhis as they are an indicator of 'enlightenment'...where they are only a total by-product of it and not the be-all and end-all of spiritual practice.

For yourself, nobody can take away what is inside your heart and mind....nobody!

When I was a lot younger, my family totally forbade me to worship the God I do. I wasn't allowed to have pictures, statues, light incense, pray aloud...do any of that stuff and for a long time I was totally resentful...I cried a lot of tears over it.

Until one day, I received a vision and God told me that I didn't need all of the external trappings of faith to worship Him and all I needed to do was just open my heart...think of Him and drop my ego.

So it was, that to my family I wasn't doing any 'spiritual stuff' because I made no outward display of it and they were happy, but behind their backs and totally out of their sight was a different matter entirely...I felt like a naughty schoolgirl, sneaking behind the sport-oval latrines to enjoy a reefer (which I did back then anyway). lol

However, I went to my Lord totally cuckolded. It was an experience of 'forbidden passion' like Romeo and Juliet...which made the whole experience all the more sweeter in regards because I was doing something 'forbidden' and 'sacred' and yet, because I was doing it in the Lord's name, there was absolutely no guilt that I was doing this behind their backs, with their full disapproval and total intolerance...I became a 'closet devotee' and nobody knew, except for me and God...which is how it was meant to be.

Maybe you could try something similar. Put on an 'external show' of total compliance, say you are not spiritual, a total atheist, you don't believe in any of that 'woo'...but then, what you do in 'love school' stays in 'love school'.

All the best.
Old 21-09-2017, 10:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret_Squirrel
Four years ago, after experimenting with healthy eating and a rather painful experience with a person who I later thought was my twin flame, I came to be interested in spirituality. A friend exposed me to a spiritual teacher who I followed - he mainly talked about the corruption and pitfalls of modern society, opening the third eye, getting into nature, and aligning the chakras. I became so dedicated to following this program that I left my life/job in the city for a spiritual sojourn in nature. I'd had some supernatural experiences prior, some inklings about my past lives, but these were pieces of a puzzle I couldn't yet fit together. I thought some time in a natural environment would help me put things together as to who I really am and what I am capable of. I also wanted to be able to see the truth of this world and the people in.

In my new location - I started becoming acutely aware that the people I was getting acquainted with were more spiritually advanced than me and could literally see right through me. This was fascinating and hard to believe at first, but unfortunately, for the most part, their morality/maturity did not match their powers. I felt they wielded these astonishing powers over me in order to further alienate me and deter me from reaching my own spiritual potential. On a few occasions these abilities were even used to pull immature pranks on me while I was focused on tasks like meditation, sun gazing, etc. I became depressed knowing that the spiritual world could be as cutthroat and scary as the corporate world. Before I left I embarked on a long term fast and seemed to come more fully into my clairaudient abilities. However, I was not pleased (to say the least) with the information I was receiving regarding peoples opinion of me/my character. It was unanimously negative. I understand I am not perfect by any means, but I thought the messages I was receiving were unfairly harsh and denigrating considering I've never intentionally tried to harm anyone or do something heinously bad.

I came home broken, more bewildered than enlightened. I struggled to cope with what I had experienced and stood mostly in isolation as my reputation among conscious people that I was "bad" seemed to precede me.

Since then I have tried a few times to get back on my path of attaining my goals spiritual and health wise. But it would seem that a good deal of people are invested against that happening. Every time I seem to regain my power I encounter a wave of resistance. Even my relations with family are strained over the issue. The other night while laying in bed I could hear my brother telling me I'm ugly and slow...neither of which are particularly true. When I am around him I occasionally hear him and his girlfriend thinking awful thoughts about me. It seems they have joined the bandwagon of people who despise me for absolutely no reason.

The strange thing is this all began to happen with my awakening, which I thought was supposed to be a positive experience. A part of me prefers the time when I was ignorant but there is a gnawing feeling that I need to fully awaken in order to understand why this is happening.

Any advice?

Experience can give a person the impression they know another.

In other words, an old person who encounters me may think they know me because I am like ___ and they knew other people like that, so they think they know me. They give me that "I'm looking right through you" look, but I know it's just a game and they can't see squat. I see that they truly believe they know me, however my spiritual understanding protects me, I can see that they are just full of their opinions, they don't know the facts.

Maybe these "more spiritual" people you met are simply more cultured or older than you. They have been around the block a time or two and feel they know most of the archetypes. The truth is that nobody knows anybody else. We have ideas of who other people are, but we never know them deeply or completely, we only know them enough. Like an electrician doesn't understand electricity, but they understand enough to work with it. Mature people, old people, and cultured people (people who have traveled a lot or are highly social) all are like the electrician. They know enough to interact with people, sometimes very well, but they don't know anybody completely.

I'm not trying to negate your claim that you can hear others thoughts. But maybe you are simply hearing your inner dialogue talking about what you think they are thinking about you.

If your inner voice goes through phases of being very critical, which many peoples do, you should be more aware of what you listen to. Just because a thing is said by your inner voice doesn't make it true. Listening to everything the inner voice says can be a recipe for disaster, especially if our inner voice is a bit of a critic.

It sounds to me like you stumbled upon a partially awakened community. I've noticed that if the teacher of the community is not highly awakened then the people who follow that teacher will also not be highly awakened.

A student can only go as high as their teacher, then they must find a new teacher or continue on alone. If the teacher doesn't have a high level of attainment, he or she will draw students who have equally low levels of attainment.
Old 23-09-2017, 08:50 AM
Knower

Quote:

Any advice?

I relate to what you're saying 100%.

Glad to know I'm not alone.

Quote:
Any advice?

I could try and be all wise and say "ah you just need to blah blah blah yada yada yada..." but who would I be kidding?

Walking the path in this world is tough - real tough!
Old 23-09-2017, 10:01 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
However, I was not pleased (to say the least) with the information I was receiving regarding peoples opinion of me/my character. It was unanimously negative. I understand I am not perfect by any means, but I thought the messages I was receiving were unfairly harsh and denigrating considering I've never intentionally tried to harm anyone or do something heinously bad.
I'm assuming the messages came from Spirit, because what you're saying here is confusing. Spirit would never give you messages that were anything other than for your best interests, and certainly not to attack you in any way.

Quote:
When I am around him I occasionally hear him and his girlfriend thinking awful thoughts about me. It seems they have joined the bandwagon of people who despise me for absolutely no reason.
Sorry Secret, but this suggests that there's something else going on other than awakening and Spirituality. I'd strongly suggest you seek out professional help on this one and forget Spirituality for the time being. I'm not in a position to diagnose you obviously but I did work in mental health for quite a few years, and I'm not saying this lightly. Quite frankly, Spirituality is of no use to you in this state of mind.
Old 23-09-2017, 01:46 PM
Ascender

First of all, these people were NOT spiritual more advanced than you, nobody that is truly spiritually advanced would have ever treated you like this, period. They may have gained some powers, but that is all they have, they have very little true understanding of spirituality.
Secondly, having a spiritual awakening is not all about sunshine and rainbows, it's also about seeing the world as it truly is, which involves a lot of ugly stuff that is going on. Being ignorant and blind to what is going on, doesn't help anyone overcome anything. You have to be aware of an issue in order to be able to fix it. It's also about reaching a point of growth where you are strong enough to deal with the knowledge of all the bad that is going on.
One stage that it is important to reach in the spiritual path, is to reach a place where you don't care anymore what people think of you. That's not to say, don't have compassion for people, but it means to understand that when someone hurts you, they are hurt themselves. Understand that their attempts to hurt you, come from their place of hurt. They may even, subconsciously feel threatened by your growth and want to slow it down. Understand that it is not a reflection of you. You know that you are a good person with good intentions, stand by that and don't let anyone make you feel inferior or bad about yourself for having spiritual beliefs.
I also think that being on a spiritual path can be isolating at this time, on this planet, due to how many individuals are still stuck in the matrix, and stuck in worrying about their reputations and what people think of them. It's herd mentality. But you don't have to share every experience or belief you gain with everyone, in fact, it's probably a good idea not to. Many of my family and people that I am around do not agree with the beliefs I have gained, I don't much talk to them about it, as they are not open to it, there is really no reason to do so. It's perfectly ok to keep your thoughts to yourself, and put people on a need to know basis. As you become more in touch with your gut and intuition, you will be better able to feel people out, and then, you will sense when it is acceptable and smart, to talk to certain people about certain things. Everyone is in their own place, not everyone is ready for all this.
My advice, is to work on not caring what others think, and standing strong in your own power.
Old 24-09-2017, 02:57 AM
Guide

It does seem to be a running theme, that a lot of spiritually advanced people, become targets on an energetic and physical level for others who deem them as threatening to their own spirituality. I've seen it. Especially with people who are truly authentic in their purity, devotion and love for all. They aren't chasing the opposite sex, worried about money, sabotaging a coworker, meddling in others relationships, etc. They just are not liked, and called names because they do not fit in the world of man, are often loners, and beat to a different drum. They are apart of nobody's cliques. People seem to come out of nowhere to attack their self confidence, and strength...usually more than one. I'm not talking about people on a gradual journey, I'm talking about very spiritually advanced souls. Think of Jesus. You are in a harsh world, the more spiritually advanced you become, the more you are going to be tested. You probably shouldn't take opinions of you seriously, these people have negative thoughts on a daily basis, towards everyone.
Old 24-09-2017, 11:30 AM
Knower

More thoughts...

Quote:
I also wanted to be able to see the truth of this world and the people in.

Maybe you succeeded...

But yeah, anyway, I read Necro's post about being all secretive - and maybe that's the answer. Alot of people just can't handle this stuff.