Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-09-2017, 05:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
My rut has been fixed for a while now.

Y'all still here debating how things were, how things could be, how things are.

Let me know how that goes. *Sarcasm*

Ha ha no this has been Jerry Spinger for Necro for ages - tell us Shivatar how are you actually doing?

Are you back to being a shiva follower or have you gone looking elsewhere?

Before necro jumps in - either way is cool but both options must be on the table.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 13-09-2017, 06:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightoflenity
Ha ha no this has been Jerry Spinger for Necro for ages - tell us Shivatar how are you actually doing?

Are you back to being a shiva follower or have you gone looking elsewhere?

Before necro jumps in - either way is cool but both options must be on the table.

I'm doing fine, living life. I'm not in some euphoria bliss haze, nor am I in a doubt despair and depression haze. I'm not a 100% devout shiva devottee, nor am I washing my hands of spirituality.

I've given up for a moment on what I define as spirituality, and am allowing the observations to fall where they may.

That is to say I am still going through the motions but I'm not searching for something or avoiding something. I guess I am on the middle path for now until I find something I'd rather follow.
Old 13-09-2017, 06:05 PM
Master
Quote:
I respect your religion but I respect all of them..

If someone doesn't need religion but acts with kindness or compassion to others from what you have stated so far - you don't respect that.

Thats what I dont comprehend, pushing that as valid over being a nurse. If someone values their enlightenment over someone elses health the ends simply dont justify the means from a human standpoint.

This is all very educational but not in the way you like to present im afraid.

It's just the way some people who don't 'get it' think about it all.

I shall relate a story.

A few months ago, I was lost in deep samadhi and my mum tried to rouse me again...again she failed to do so.

When I became cognizant, she was like "that whole nirvana trip you go on...how is that beneficial to human evolution whatsoever?" and of course I was like "whatever do you mean, mother dearest?"

She said "your house could burn down...a lion could chase you...somebody could attack you...anything could happen to you in that state and you wouldn't be able to move...it isn't conducive to human survival whatsoever...if people go into that state...no children would be born...nobody would care...etc"

Well, not only did I say that when I am in samadhi, anything could happen to me and I wouldn't care because I was just totally lost in bliss, but I had to explain all of the Varnashramas (Hindu stages of Life) to her as well.

See, I get where you are coming from, I really do because there's like 30 years that separate us...and between myself and Shivatar as well.

I have 'been there, done that' in regards of worldly responsibility and the younger generation have not.

The younger generation are still at the stage of getting married, having children, working in employment, helping others...This is called the 'Grihasta Phase' or the 'Householder/Helping/Wordly' phase and in that stage of life, meditating and attaining enlightenment is basically prohibited according to Dharma anyway...for the very reason that once samadhi is attained, that's basically the end of physical existence, even though the body lives on.

So, after the kids grow up, leave home...have kids of their own...you get the 'golden handshake' from work...you approach volunteer organisations and the only job you get is cleaning their office lavatories (yes, been there, tried 'volunteer work') you enter the fourth stage of Varnashrama Dharma...that of Sanyasa or renunciation and you go off, into the forest, into the mountains or a cave somewhere and meditate the rest of your life away until enlightenment is attained...I mean, you have basically reached your 'use-by' date anyway and so there's nothing lost and nothing gained in the practice...so if you get eaten by a lion in samadhi 5 years before you were due to 'cark it' anyway, who cares? no big deal.

Meanwhile, us 50's and 60's somethings will look back on Shivatar, Knight etc and go "ahh...the whole enthusiasm of a misguided youth...they will learn later on...there's plenty of time for that".
Old 13-09-2017, 06:07 PM
Master
Quote:
It was never about you necro - it was always about giving someone the option to leave spirituality ..

I actually said that you ( i.e a person in general) cannot just do inner work - it is selfish any way you slice it...

That isn't what I have said - I am advocating that the OP might just find meaning by doing so - not about necro.

And you have - it's either necro or shiva & I have merely pointed out in every post that doing good in the world is valuable - more valuable to someone put off by religion.

Sheesh..

Please refer to my post above re: Hindu Dharma.
Old 13-09-2017, 06:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
It's just the way some people who don't 'get it' think about it all.

Meanwhile, us 50's and 60's somethings will look back on Shivatar, Knight etc and go "ahh...the whole enthusiasm of a misguided youth...they will learn later on...there's plenty of time for that".

Some people do think about it all .. perhaps you didnt.

We might not see tomorrow but if we did some good whilst we were here at least its no worse because of us. There are trillions of ways to do good at any age sounds like you decided your own cut off point but there are some wonderful elders who people adore still making a difference.

Whatevs the OP is a greyman for a while - middleground - the knight can retire knowing that the damsel of "option" has been saved from the tower .. for now.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 13-09-2017, 06:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Some people do think about it all .. perhaps you didnt.

We might not see tomorrow but if we did some good whilst we were here at least its no worse because of us. There are trillions of ways to do good at any age sounds like you decided your own cut off point but there are some wonderful elders who people adore still making a difference.

Whatevs the OP is a greyman for a while - middleground - the knight can retire knowing that the damsel of "option" has been saved from the tower .. for now.

Yes, I noticed you put the option back on the table and never in this thread did I say that option didn't exist as you have pointed out. I am glad to notice you re-presented both scenarios again and I also noted Shivatar's reply.

I shall also rest within Varnashrama Dharma in regards to it all. Some of us are 'retired' from worldly duties but both yourself and Shivatar are not.

Oh and for yet another time...I personally do not 'decide' what is written in the Hindu scriptures...it is only my duty to follow and obey. Anybody who isn't a Hindu would have a hard time understanding this one:

कर्मण्येवाधिकारस्ते मा फलेषु कदाचन। मा कर्मफलहेतुर्भूर्मा ते सङ्गोऽस्त्वकर्मणि॥

Karmanye Vadhikaraste, Ma phaleshou kada chana, Ma Karma Phala Hetur Bhurmatey Sangostva Akarmani.

You have only the right to work; but not to the fruits thereof. Don’t be instrumental in making your actions bear fruit. Also, let not your attachment be instrumental to inaction.

When an individual acts with complete renunciation, rising above body, establishing his mind in ‘Knowledge of Self’, he will be acting/doing for the sake of the action itself! Such actions then become ‘Karma Yajna’ and the performer is not bound by such actions. These are self less actions in which, Karta, Karana and Karma are manifestations of Parabrahman/Supreme Consciousness.

This of course only applies to 'my' religion and 'my' beliefs and it has absolutely no bearing to anybody else...
Old 23-09-2017, 09:17 AM
Guide
Depression is bad at all in any case.
Its just opposite of Param Anand Ghunn (immense pleasure).
To avoid depression is to 1) take pills from psychiatrist, 2) & try be happy most just coz you are child of God.