Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 28-03-2018, 02:06 PM
Newbie ;)
Guide
Second Hand Silver Tarot

First I would like to point out - if you have a cheating heart - then this reading technique is not for you.

I named it Second Hand Silver Tarot because it makes right readings for us honest "losers".

Do as follows:

Make a journal about the reading. Write down the topic of the reading and the number and name of all the positions. For example - if you make a six card reading, write down 1) Ex. Situation Now 2) Ex. Near Future 3) Ex. Advice and so on.

Here comes a sample:

*** (Fig 1)

1) Situation now =
2) Advice =
3) Near future =
4) Far future =
5) Action needed =
6) Conclusion =

Type or write all this first (with your own words) and make it all ready to fill in the cards.

Then you shuffle your deck until you feel it's right to deal the cards out (I always cut the deck in two first).

Pull the cards out and make sure you look at the first card first. Write them down in your journal. Then you interpret the cards one by one as you usually do.

That makes a standard reading, right?

Well here comes the Second Hand Silver Tarot in. And that is - after you finished (never cheat using less time or effort as a normal reading) - then you wipe out the cards in the journal and starts with a blank Fig 1 again.

Then you do a new normal reading just like the one you just did. Do it exactly the same - don't cheat - and the cards and the reading you then will get is the Second Hand Silver Tarot Reading.

It's important that even if you know in advance that you will do a Second Hand Silver Reading that you don't cheat or cut the first reading in any way. Even think and interpret the first reading even if you know it won't be valid.

Why is this important? Because it effects the way you shuffle and deal the cards in the next reading, and ultimately it will decide which cards you pull in the second reading. That's why do the first one as it should be a valid reading. First when you done with it then delete it and make room for the Second Hand Silver Tarot Reading.

For a true heart - the Second Hand Silver Reading would be the right one and the one to trust.

Good luck :-)
Old 28-03-2018, 02:30 PM
Master
I don't understand why you would need to do two readings and why the first reading wouldn't be valid and you would only trust the second one.
Old 28-03-2018, 03:21 PM
55Degrees

I'm with Pandora on this one, why would you feel the first reading is 'invalid'?
I don't understand why you would negate your intuition by going for a second draw.
Old 28-03-2018, 04:10 PM
Newbie ;)
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
I'm with Pandora on this one, why would you feel the first reading is 'invalid'?
I don't understand why you would negate your intuition by going for a second draw.

Because the first reading is never right. You don't want gold, you want silver. You need The Moon. You need reflections.
Old 28-03-2018, 04:53 PM
Master
Sorry minxoto but I totally disagree. You're setting your intention for the first reading to be wrong. The whole concept makes no sense whatsoever.

So you're suggesting that every single reading is incorrect and therefore you have to do another one to validate it?

Even if you did do a reading a second or even third time, you would get a different message or perspective. It doesn't mean the first reading is wrong.

No offence intended, but the whole concept is the dafted thing I've ever heard of.
Old 28-03-2018, 05:34 PM
Newbie ;)
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora.
Sorry minxoto but I totally disagree. You're setting your intention for the first reading to be wrong. The whole concept makes no sense whatsoever.

So you're suggesting that every single reading is incorrect and therefore you have to do another one to validate it?

Even if you did do a reading a second or even third time, you would get a different message or perspective. It doesn't mean the first reading is wrong.

No offence intended, but the whole concept is the dafted thing I've ever heard of.

That's why you are the gold and I'm the silver.
Old 28-03-2018, 06:39 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora.

In full agreement with everything written here ^^^.
@minxoto
You're declaring your opinion as fact and by doing so are insulting extremely talented and accurate tarot readers who would never doubt their first reading.
If it works for you then great, go for it, but telling experienced tarot readers (some of whom are professional readers) that they're doing it wrong is a very presumptuous (and wholly inaccurate).
Old 29-03-2018, 01:51 AM
Master
I did two Tarot readings based on the spread from minxoto last night, as an experiment. For each one I asked "selling the house" before each position.

I then went through comparing both readings, which were just about the same, other than a slightly different perspective. I was going to post it but to be honest, I can't be bothered.

Needless to say, both readings were extremely accurate with different cards but with the same basis and underlying meaning, i.e. The Fool and Ace of Wands for Near Future, Temperance reversed and The Hermit reversed for advice, etc. You could have put them together and read as a two card reading for each position, with the second card coming up as a clarifier.

I also dislike "Far Future" positions in spreads. What the hell is "Far Future" anyway? That's like saying how long is a piece of string. I don't find it very useful at all. Is far future in 1 year, 2 years, 5 years, 10 years, when I'm about to croak it, after I'm dead, or what? I find it really annoying personally.

When I first started using the Tarot, I would do the same reading a couple of times with the same deck or sometimes a different deck to get used to the cards and learn the meanings, and they always gave the same message but with a slightly different perspective or a different way of conveying the message. To me it's like how many different words can you use in a sentence to convey the same sort of meaning? Not everyone speaks exactly the same way, using the same grammar or the same adjectives, etc, but the meaning is still understood as basically the same.

As an example, "the old man crossed the busy road".

How old is the man, and how busy is the road? To some, "old" may be 30, to others it may be 90. It's the same with "busy". If you're used to living in a rural community, busy could mean a handful of people and a few cars at the lights, as opposed to living in the city, where there are hundreds of people and massive traffic jams. So which one is right? It all depends on perspective and personal relevance, but they are both essentially accurate.
Old 29-03-2018, 12:10 PM
Newbie ;)
Guide
First of all - I don't claim my opinions to be facts - they're based on divine inspiration and many years of experience.

I present this to be a reading technique - not the only one - but some might understand what I mean and like it.

Third - I wrote something wrong. The first reading is normally right, but what I mean is that it just confirms destiny and is not reflecting as a second reading would be.

I've worked as a tarot reader for many years, and I've been right and correct about my predictions. As examples - I told one woman that had a secret that she was six weeks pregnant that "I want to be the first to congratulate you with your baby" and I told an totally unknown person on the other side of the globe that he was studying law but that he didn't like it. Just two of many examples on how my sitters were in awe for what I could see. I back then used only the first reading.

So why a second reading? Well, to be correct about the destiny doesn't impress me anymore - and in my opinion it doesn't do anything for me or the sitters (when I write me here I think of myself as the sitter when I read for myself). To be accurate will give faith in that the destiny is set for you, but in my opinion it doesn't give anyone the option to reflect over things.

The Second Hand Silver Tarot is more of an alternative reading when you don't chase for gold, but take some steps back (because you've experienced that you took the wrong turn somewhere) and are happy with the silver. Silver is connected to the moon that is reflecting the sun. Sun is (in astrology) known for being your identity.

So I don't say that the first reading isn't right (it was wrong when I wrote that) - but I say it's good to have a second opinion like another leg to rest on. And I explain why the second opinion is more right for someone because they might have "fallen out of the race".

It's difficult to explain what I mean. It's because it's tarot and not science.

So to conclude the Second Hand Silver Tarot was just an optional reading technique. I apologize if I have stepped on anyones toes in claiming different.

Last: To use "Far future" as one of the positions was just an example. I have no idea why you made it to such a big point?
Old 29-03-2018, 12:31 PM
Master
Quote:
I named it Second Hand Silver Tarot because it makes right readings for us honest "losers".

This one feels so right lol haha. I like how innovative you got here. I will definitely give this a try.
Usually yes during a complex reading , many revelations are made along the way, and sometimes not just immediately.
I have had plenty of those experiences where the first readings didn't reveal all, but another time there was more information on that very question asked again. And there was a whole new, added perspective to it.
I think this is a very good approach minxoto, regardless of how you have decided to do this, for second opinion etc, I think this should work very well.
Might sound cliche for an experienced reader, but will also keep judgements out and will allow more liberal and honest approach. Many experienced readers also have prejudice and judgments about themselves or others. The intention matters, and I think this is a good.