Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 22-11-2010, 01:07 AM
Master
I love the Shiva lingam . I have several lol . For me they are grounding but put the spark back into my body and aura . I get such a buzz they are very powerful balancing the polarities of the female and male energies in your body .
Old 22-11-2010, 01:45 AM
Master
SunnyShine what do I do with my Shiva Lingham I now know why I have a weird feeling when I hold it I've set it aside so I don't have to see it or hold it not that I don't love the stone what do I do to honor the stone and give her/him away?
Spiritlite.
Old 22-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Master
Shiva Lingam Stone...
Increases Vitality and Pranic Energy

What Is It

Shiva Lingam are a sacred stone of the Indian Hindu religion....that will intensify the vitality and level of pranic energy within your body. Its vibration has a different action depending on where you place it. To improve your overall health these stones are powerful as they stimulate the energy system of the entire body.... and will aid an overall improvement in your health and well-being.
Where Does It Come From

These stones come from only one place... the Narmada River in Western India.... one of India's holy sites. The villagers gather the stones from the river and hand polish them so that they are a smooth rounded shape. Their colors vary... but they are all a tan color with various brown, red or grey stipes, spots or patches on the stones.
The word 'Lingum' comes from the Sanskrit word for symbol.... as these stones are a symbol of Lord Shiva. These stones are an integral part of their worship practices, and have been for hundreds of years.
What Is The Meaning Of This Shape

These stones are deliberately made into the well-known shape, as this shape has a specific meaning. This shape is symbolic of the phallus of the Hindu God Shiva, and of his union with his consort Kali.
While some Shiva Lingam stones occur naturally... many of the stones are hand polished and shaped by the people who live in this area.
Within the form of the stones, there is also the shape of the cosmic egg... out of which all creation has emerged.
This therefore makes these stones encompass both the male and female, and their union... within the one sacred object.
Hindu tradition speaks of the Goddess Parvati... who shaped a Shiva Lingam out of sand... then worshipped Lord Shiva.
Within the temples there are beautiful Shiva Lingam stones that have occurred naturally in this shape... and they are particularly sacred to the devotees.
Why Would You Use It

This is a stone that carries a lot of energy. The stones are basically quartz... with a lot of impurities from the river where they originate mixed through.
Perhaps much of the reason why they have such a strong energy is the fact that stones of this shape have been worshipped by devotees for many centuries. This creates a particular type of resonance within the field of pure potentiality... that creates all that is.
Old 22-11-2010, 02:58 PM
sunny shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
SunnyShine what do I do with my Shiva Lingham I now know why I have a weird feeling when I hold it I've set it aside so I don't have to see it or hold it not that I don't love the stone what do I do to honor the stone and give her/him away?
Spiritlite.

Give it away to any nearby temple or meditation centers or donate it to ashrams, if nothing is found in your location pray to it and ask it to move on to where it needs to be.
Old 22-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Master
Thankyou Sunny I'll see what I can do thanks for the info.
Spiritlite.