Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 21-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Neville

Ⓐ What does it mean ?

This is a symbol that came very suddenly to my minds eye outside of meditation. ; In popular culture it is the symbol for anarchy or more precisely the A stands for Anarchy while the O stands for order which is in keeping with the theory in some circles that anarchy is order, though I suspect that what they mean is that Chaos is order...

But you know when we see the High Priestess in some tarot decks, we see clearly one is marked with an A while the other is marked with an O , ( I am aware that these most commonly appear as the letter B and J)These could be thought of as Alpha and Omega a beginning and end , the gap between the pillars being all points between.

However when we combine these two extremes in the symbol of we get an instant focus of all things, tantalisingly pointing to a verification of those amongst us who assert that Now is all there is.
Old 21-08-2011, 04:40 PM
abikisses

Hello Neville,

I have not come across this symbol before but what struck me is the similarity between the balance. Such as yin and yang, dark and light, up and down, within and without.

Thank you for bringing something new into my awareness.

Blessings
Abi _/\_
Old 21-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Neville

The circle certainly gives it a feeling of something all encompassing Abi
Old 21-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Neville

In olden days the symbol was associated with Asmodeus "King of Demons, apparently.

In the Malleus Maleficarum (1486), Asmodeus was considered the demon of lust, to which agreed Sebastien Michaelis saying that his adversary is St. John. Some demonologists of the 16th century assigned each month to a demon and considered November to be the month in which Asmodai's power was stronger. Other demonologists asserted that his zodiacal sign was Aquarius but only between the dates of January 30 and February 8.

So I'm not worried that I'm Aquarius born on February 4th. and that the name Neville

I may be reading too much into it now

All frivolity aside, I think symbolism's relevance is very much dependent on the individuals interpretation , and anyone who meditates or dreams will recieve symbols on occasion, so there. is at least something that shoild be born in mind that I am passing on to you this Sunday afternoon . i.e the symbols you get given are for you personally and therefore it is not always prudent to race to the nearest symbol book and read what it meant to someone in medieval times.

Best Wishes Neville
Old 22-08-2011, 12:30 AM
SunMist

My first thought seeing it was about how A and Aleph represent the beginning, the source of all. The enclosing circle could represent endlessness or maybe an infinite source contained. About the tarot association, maybe there are some in depth books out there that might explain the symbol on the High Priestess card?
Old 22-08-2011, 01:17 AM
Time

captain america? or the avengers?
Old 22-08-2011, 01:51 AM
Docha

A = Alchemy

High preistess is generally a card of creation, power and manifestation.

O = sacred, circle of life, all and nothing

Maybe too easy? Just a suggestion.
Old 22-08-2011, 02:45 AM
Experiencer
i found something on wikipedia,following is the link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchist_symbolism

thanks,
whitelotus
Old 22-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Neville

Thankyou for all your replies, theres plenty for me to be going on with here :)