Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 01-10-2017, 09:38 AM
Seeker

How can we tell we have a spirit?

How can we tell if we have a spirit or soul? And what is the difference between soul and spirit or are they both kinda the same thing?
Old 01-10-2017, 10:18 AM
Guide

I was just thinking about the same thing myself and came across this article http://montalk.net/matrix/157/spiritless-humans
Old 01-10-2017, 11:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
I was just thinking about the same thing myself and came across this article http://montalk.net/matrix/157/spiritless-humans

That website brought an image to my mind of a shady drug deal going down in a slimey and dark back alley.

"hey, I got some knowledge. want some?"
"this feels suspicious..."
"UNWORTHY, UNWORTHY, no knows for you"
lol

Some red flags I got while reading the first few paragraphs were this person (author of the blog) is quick to dismiss the experience of others, and quick to boast about how logical and accurate his own observations are.

I could point out problems with the author in pretty much every paragraph they write... this person is... troubled. In my opinion they are troubled. I may read a little more to be sure that I'm not being quick to dismiss this person but I've been around the block enough to see when a student full of zeal tries to begin teaching without having experienced enough before. The ego of a person who tries to teach without practicing first.... eugh. just puts a bad taste in my mouth. Why would I listen to someone like that?

This post you linked is bascially a condemnation of everyone who doesn't choose the spiritual path that the author has chosen. The author uses his own experience as the standard which is a mistake in itself. They don't use enough contrasting and comparing to see if what they experience is normal. They bascially had a thought, wrote it down in a manic flurry, then rushed to post it to the first 100 people who would read it. eugh, red flag! its red flag after red flag on this blog lol. HOWEVER, i might read some more anyways. I'm unphased by his negative influence and I may learn a thing or two.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeRDivine
How can we tell if we have a spirit or soul? And what is the difference between soul and spirit or are they both kinda the same thing?

Try answering the question "Who am I?" and you'll experience the phenomenon firsthand.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:26 PM
Guide

Clearly you are a much more enlightened being than I Shivatar
Old 02-10-2017, 12:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
Clearly you are a much more enlightened being than I Shivatar

If you say so

I wish you could see all the flaws I see in myself. Then you'd know how similar we are.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:37 AM
Knower

Many ways.

Astrology, tarot, dream interpretation, yoga,
meditation, paranormal activity, metaphysical
phenomenon & principles, psychoactive drugs that
induce alternate states of consciousness,
personal experiences etc.

For example, there's been many times where
I've followed souls through visions & dreams.
Lights / auras followed me when involved with
certain people. - Ability to see beyond 3D. Beyond
the 5 senses. Track & follow thoughts, feelings,
and actions.

There is much to the Universe that is beyond
our perceptions. We are but a fragment of Universal
Wisdom.