Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 31-03-2020, 10:02 PM
Guide
Exclamation Afraid to Use Tarot Cards

I'm an Empath and Lightworker. Ever since I used my Tarot Cards the last time, I haven't been using them. Because I sensed something with me, like lurking. I think it was a shadow figure or something. Knew it wasn't my imagination and that I'm not crazy. My own mother even sensed it too, because she saw something out of the corner of her eye one night, a dark shadow figure.

I'm not sure if this is evil or not, but I am afraid to use them. Nothing has been happening as of lately though. So this is a good sign! I'm happy about that. I own a Fairy Oracle Deck and I want to use it again, but I'm scared too. Please share your thoughts with me. Thank you.
Old 31-03-2020, 10:18 PM
Master
If you're scared and new to developing your intuition and doing energywork it is very good to learn to ground and shield yourself.
Otherwise you may be like a light in the dark, attracting moths. When you learn to do that, and I mean thoroughly learn it, not like 2 mins visualising roots out of your feet, that is NOT thoroughly grounding, you will also learn to only focus on and attract the positive.
The shielding is equally important.
As you progress this will go by itself.
If it resonates with you you can also call on an Archangel, guardian angel and so on before you do anything. AA Michael is great, very protective and extremely powerful.

There really is no reason to be afraid, you just have to learn to focus, to tune your antenna to the right channel and leave all other channels in peace. That takes a bit of time. I do understand being afraid, I've been there too. This fine-tuning can be achieved by listening to your intuition 24/7. Do I turn right, left, or straight on? Ask your inner guidance AND follow it up. Do I eat rice or potatoes? Do I phone XYZ or not? Basically check in with your intuition & inner guidance before doing anything. That helps develop it, fine-tune it, etc. Provided you heed it! If you ignore it, it won't grow.

If you can't get over your fear on your own then find someone to work together with. Someone you can really trust with this and can help you if need be.
For me it helped to train with a hedgewitch for a while. This was via Skype, she lived in the UK, I live in another country. I paid for her weekly services as I apprenticed with her for a year and a half. Her guidance helped me, as well as knowing I could call on her if something was up.
That helped me get over my fear, to learn to trust myself and my inner strength. I didn't have fear with cards, but with doing rituals.
Maybe you need someone like that too, paid or not.
Old 01-04-2020, 07:48 AM
ant

Any divination outside your self,is a distraction.

Focus on redeeming and resolving things that hold you back.
Old 01-04-2020, 06:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_DreamFaerie
I'm an Empath and Lightworker. Ever since I used my Tarot Cards the last time, I haven't been using them. Because I sensed something with me, like lurking. I think it was a shadow figure or something. Knew it wasn't my imagination and that I'm not crazy. My own mother even sensed it too, because she saw something out of the corner of her eye one night, a dark shadow figure.

I'm not sure if this is evil or not, but I am afraid to use them. Nothing has been happening as of lately though. So this is a good sign! I'm happy about that. I own a Fairy Oracle Deck and I want to use it again, but I'm scared too. Please share your thoughts with me. Thank you.
Tarot cards can act as gates.Most people are not aware of it.If you sensed something uncomfortable,burn the deck,or find a way to cleanse it.
(I was told this,by a highly trained witch some years before).

You can wrap the deck with aluminum foil,or put the cards into salt.If i was you,i'd burn them.
Old 01-04-2020, 07:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
Tarot cards can act as gates.Most people are not aware of it.If you sensed something uncomfortable,burn the deck,or find a way to cleanse it.

You can wrap the deck with aluminum foil,or put the cards into salt.If i was you,i'd burn them.
Sorry but that's nonsense. A fear-based belief that people in the past had.
Cards are just a means to trigger your own intuition and if you have something visit you hadn't intended it has to do with you and being too open, not the cards.
The fact that someone claims to be a 'high trained' witch means nothing. Many people who practice witchcraft are working within limiting beliefs, one of the reasons I stopped pursuing it. Somehow Christian beliefs and views has seeped into it. Not really a surprise.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Cards are just a means to trigger your own intuition and if you have something visit you hadn't intended it has to do with you and being too open, not the cards.
The fact that someone claims to be a 'high trained' witch means nothing. Many people who practice witchcraft are working within limiting beliefs, one of the reasons I stopped pursuing it. Somehow Christian beliefs and views has seeped into it. Not really a surprise.
She's not highly trained,but an adept.And as far as i know,she never claimed anything.It was my own claim from her,because i experienced first hand what she's capable to do.(and not only that)
There's no need to tell more abou her.You can have your own opinions and views about tarot cards,but this doesn't mean that you're right.

Everything physical that represents something from the inner realms,can act as a gate.It could be a picture,a drawing,a statue,etc..
Old 02-04-2020, 10:16 AM
Master

Cards to me are tools that help confirm a message, so I use them infrequently so they shouldn't be relied upon. If you are uncomfortable using them then stop, but IMHO, how they work is that the spirits regarding the answers you seek choose the cards, and then you interpret them. Some spirits will see it from their viewpoint and can throw out false positives, therefore it is always better to use intuition than the rely on a card reading alone, again IMHO.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:31 AM
55Degrees

Quote:

Tarot cards are card and ink, nothing more, nothing less. I've used tarot for a long time and view it as a tool to open up the subconscious and unconscious mind.
Anything experienced as an 'entity' comes from those parts of the mind.
Being told by a highly trained witch only means you were told a belief that the person held.
Opinions are not facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal

Agree with this ^^^^
However not all forms of witchcraft have allowed Christian beliefs to seep in (mine certainly hasn't).
Old 02-04-2020, 01:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Degrees
Tarot cards are card and ink, nothing more, nothing less. I've used tarot for a long time and view it as a tool to open up the subconscious and unconscious mind.
Anything experienced as an 'entity' comes from those parts of the mind.
Being told by a highly trained witch only means you were told a belief that the person held.
Opinions are not facts.

Agree with this ^^^^
However not all forms of witchcraft have allowed Christian beliefs to seep in (mine certainly hasn't).
Do you know what can be donne with a blank card and ink?Nevermind.
Just because you read tarot cards,doesn't mean that you 'know' things.The same goes for fairycrystal as well.
You are the one presenting your opinions as facts.
Do you work with entities?
Have you ever evoked one of them succesfuly?
If you speak for things that you have no direct experience,you just making fool of your self in public.Nothing more or less.
Old 02-04-2020, 02:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Do you know what can be donne with a blank card and ink?Nevermind.
Just because you read tarot cards,doesn't mean that you 'know' things.The same goes for fairycrystal as well.
You are the one presenting your opinions as facts.
Do you work with entities?
Have you ever evoked one of them succesfuly?
If you speak for things that you have no direct experience,you just making fool of your self in public.Nothing more or less.
You are jumping to an awful lot of conclusions here, Lomax. What you share is nothing but your opinion which isn't the truth. It is your truth, what you believe.
You make statements about me, and 55Degrees, and you know nothing of me, of what I know, can do, have experienced.
I can tell you that hanging your entire belief system on one person you happen to admire is not a good way to develop yourself.
You can of course choose to only believe what one person says, but it'd be respectful if in the process you don't belittle other people you don't know at all.