Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 16-12-2019, 02:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
Does it not come to the same as saying : if you can give a name to Tao then it's not Tao?

Some do need a band aid to explain and live in this world.

Antoine
Maybe, but.........

Yahweh became the predominate God of the Northern Kingdom of Israel.

Parts of the Bible were not written from the Northern Kingdom of Israel's viewpoint. Those specific writings were written from the Kingdom of Judah's viewpoint. When the 2 government's fought against each other, I suspect the real cause was not fully documented in the Bible. One of the main causes of the battles seems to revolve around Yahweh's consort Asherah.

Archaeologists have 'dugged up' ample evidence of this. Her statues, alongside Yahweh's statue, portray her as a woman with a male appendage.

I suspect this 'anomaly' put Yahweh in such a position that attributes to one of the reasons why Yahweh's name is not known by most people and the obversion of certain sexual practices.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 16-12-2019, 05:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Maybe, but.........

Yahweh became the predominate God of the Northern Kingdom of Israel.

Parts of the Bible were not written from the Northern Kingdom of Israel's viewpoint. Those specific writings were written from the Kingdom of Judah's viewpoint. When the 2 government's fought against each other, I suspect the real cause was not fully documented in the Bible. One of the main causes of the battles seems to revolve around Yahweh's consort Asherah.

Archaeologists have 'dugged up' ample evidence of this. Her statues, alongside Yahweh's statue, portray her as a woman with a male appendage.

I suspect this 'anomaly' put Yahweh in such a position that attributes to one of the reasons why Yahweh's name is not known by most people and the obversion of certain sexual practices.

I've been suspecting for quite some time that Yahweh was just a lower god.
Old 17-12-2019, 01:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I've been suspecting for quite some time that Yahweh was just a lower god.
Hard to say.

Yahweh could have been the Supreme God or one of many Gods.

Before the civil war, Yahweh was called the name of God. The tribe of Judah had already forgotten their God Yahweh and when the civil war began, it was what would become the Northern Kingdom of Israel continued to worship Yahweh. Then before the civil war was over with, what would become the Kingdom of Judah came to realize that they had been worshiping the wrong God and began worshiping Yahweh. At that time period, both nations were worshiping Yahweh in completely different fashions.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 19-12-2019, 01:07 AM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
If I were a Christian, I would feel incredibly insulted by those who said that the religion I followed was "keeping me in ignorance" or "controlling me" and all those terrible insults people use which borders on verbal abuse due to me making a positive "lifestyle choice" they vehemently disagree with.

I mean, I get enough of it for being a Hindu, but I can imagine that the religious intolerance and persecution would be ten times worse for a Christian...and so, the Christian will go to their priest with this who will tell them that such people who condemn the choices of others have negative energy parasites which are controlling THEM...which secularizes the particular religious tradition even MORE and this is how fanatics are created, which only perpetuates the whole cycle of hatred.

Maybe I am starting to feel empathy towards my fellow "believers" Irrespective of Faith, because in the end, there will only be two factions fighting each other...those who believe in God vs those who do not...while the Buddhists will say "we are not getting involved in that".

Hello Shivani,

I understand your point of view.

But did you know that in our Catholic French part of the world, the province of Quebec, part of Canada, and America, not even 50 years ago you would not have been even allowed to enter a church by the priest because you did not gave birth to a child?

To take a example, my grand mother who had already gave birth to 13 children at the age of 38, received a visit from the priest every week, who would insist very strongly, that she must still have more children.

I do not call this a religion anymore…

Simply,

Antoine
Old 19-12-2019, 05:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Hello Shivani,

I understand your point of view.

But did you know that in our Catholic French part of the world, the province of Quebec, part of Canada, and America, not even 50 years ago you would not have been even allowed to enter a church by the priest because you did not gave birth to a child?

To take a example, my grand mother who had already gave birth to 13 children at the age of 38, received a visit from the priest every week, who would insist very strongly, that she must still have more children.

I do not call this a religion anymore…

Simply,

Antoine
Are you saying because some members of a religion do 'bad' things, then that religion is 'bad'?

Old 19-12-2019, 11:59 AM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Are you saying because some members of a religion do 'bad' things, then that religion is 'bad'?

Hello Big John,

They are very nice thing in the Christian religion core. But some of the actions done by a lot of priest under the name of the institution it became are not what I would call religious.

The story tells, did not Jesus become mad when he entered the Temple where everyone was doing commerce in it?

And like I said, I do understand Shivani point of view.

Antoine,
Old 21-12-2019, 12:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Hello Big John,

They are very nice thing in the Christian religion core. But some of the actions done by a lot of priest under the name of the institution it became are not what I would call religious.

The story tells, did not Jesus become mad when he entered the Temple where everyone was doing commerce in it?

And like I said, I do understand Shivani point of view.

Antoine,
Where in the New Testament does it mention a Christian Priest arrangement? It doesn't.

As for people doing commerce in the Temple: that is something most religions will not tolerate.

Old 21-12-2019, 03:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Hello Big John,

Antoine,
No he did not become mad. A person such as Jesus, who is at one with the Father, is ALL HOLY, ALL LOVING & ALL MERCIFUL. As they are as the Father is & can never become mad angry or unloving in any way shape or form whatsoever. Because they have been TRANSFORMED into the very essence of the Heavenly Father Christ entity.

And as I am told & led to understand, is that Jesus spoke LOVINGLY & sensibly about the entire situation & suggested that things needed to be changed, for the betterment of everyone.

& as he spoke, the masses become angry and took it upon themselves to upturn the tables.

If anybody believes that an all holy, all Loving & all Merciful being of the christ essence can be an angry unloving person then that person does not understand the truths of the Heavenly Father Christ entity and it's WAY OF LOVE.
Old 21-12-2019, 03:04 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
No he did not become mad. A person such as Jesus, who is at one with the Father, is ALL HOLY, ALL LOVING & ALL MERCIFUL. As they are as the Father is & can never become mad angry or unloving in any way shape or form whatsoever. Because they have been TRANSFORMED into the very essence of the Heavenly Father Christ entity.

And as I am told & led to understand, is that Jesus spoke LOVINGLY & sensibly about the entire situation & suggested that things needed to be changed, for the betterment of everyone.

& as he spoke, the masses become angry and took it upon themselves to upturn the tables.

If anybody believes that an all holy, all Loving & all Merciful being of the christ essence can be an angry unloving person then that person does not understand the truths of the Heavenly Father Christ entity and it's WAY OF LOVE.

Hi Neil,

You should tell that to the ones remaking history, like the producers of those films.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+in+the+temple

Antoine
Old 21-12-2019, 03:36 PM
neil-"
as he spoke, the masses become angry and took it upon themselves to upturn the tables.

Where did you get this information? Thanks, I will glance thru the James E. Padget messages
to see if it is mentioned when I have time.

Imo, btw, being angry at your brother compared to a teacher showing anger as a teaching lesson -
a correction of wrong doing
for those that would understand no less...I feel is fine for a Holy person, Yogi, Swami, Guru even today.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Closed Thread