Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 21-05-2019, 12:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
It seems you have " Blind Faith " which is fine if it is of benefit to you personally.

It seems I cannot have or be anything worthwhile to you. Just because I am different.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 21-05-2019, 12:13 PM
Master

Quote:
The question to Honza was.... How did he start creation?

i would have hoped someone that likes asking questions as much as you, would like answering them just as much!
Old 21-05-2019, 01:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
i would have hoped someone that likes asking questions as much as you, would like answering them just as much!

I can't answer what I don't believe, if I did it wouldn't make much sense
Old 21-05-2019, 01:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
It seems I cannot have or be anything worthwhile to you. Just because I am different.

That is not true Honza and it came from you not me. I was just trying to see how you came to the conclusion of the title of your Post. If you state " God tried something to ambitious " then you could explain how you came to that conclusion, or is it something you read somewhere. If I stated the same then I would certainly know why I think as I do....
Old 21-05-2019, 01:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by little.nation
Here. https://m.imgur.com/a/Uh7mWZb

I call that picture "self portrait" because I took a picture of myself but THAT is the picture that came out of it.

I am not photogenic and I'm not very good with a camera so when I try to take a picture of myself I usually look in a mirror and then take a picture of my image in the mirror.

That particular time, I sat on the floor in my bathroom in front of a full length mirror. I was using a digital camera with a flash, not a cell phone. Obviously, the spray of light in the picture was created by the way the light from the flash hit the glass but that rational human explanation is irrelevant.

What matters is that ASTOUNDINGLY, that spray of light image is EXACTLY what the big bang explosion looks like (except much brighter). Therefore, I named it self portrait.

I can tell you HOW and WHY that explosion happened but understand how incredibly violating it is to me when something so personal is attacked, devalued, unbelieved, unappreciated. You just couldn't fathom the ignorance and disregard and arrogance and disrespect in this monstrous human world. Nor could you fathom the indignation and violence, and so much more.

Hey, I ACTUALLY exist. My life is right here and right now, not some next lifetime (although there is a next lifetime). My life has been wasted all along but continues to be wasted. Think of all the people who will be murdered today, all who will be maimed and handicapped by injuries, those whose lives will be ruined and destroyed...

Life isn't some happy machine. It's HEAVY LADEN with all sorts of catastrophic harm, injury, losses, etc..

Life is a great big harrowing tragedy with only just enough entertaining or amusing distraction to trick you into thinking life is "good". It is good for some people but the more real side of life is loaded with every unthinkable grief, misery and suffering.

Think of all the homeless people.

Think of all who are starving.

Think of all who have unfathomable diseases and disorders, and all the people whose lives and careers are dedicated to caring for them (watch SBSK channel on YouTube).

Think of the trade war between big countries and read about the black horse.

There is a great, massive DEPTH AND WEIGHT to existence.

For me, life is eternal DARKNESS. Eternal HELL. Eternal SUFFERING.

FOREVER.

I can tell you that evil exists forever. Nothing undoes evil.

Lucky for all of you out there who do not dwell in DARKNESS like I do.

How's your new Job going LN, hope your enjoying it.
Old 21-05-2019, 02:30 PM
Master
Quote:
That is not true Honza and it came from you not me. I was just trying to see how you came to the conclusion of the title of your Post. If you state " God tried something to ambitious " then you could explain how you came to that conclusion, or is it something you read somewhere. If I stated the same then I would certainly know why I think as I do....

I see what you mean. This thread is based on a notion or an idea. You know I tend to speculate. My 'knowledge' of God is very subjective. I feel it is nice to share ideas or opinions about God.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 21-05-2019, 02:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I see what you mean. This thread is based on a notion or an idea. You know I tend to speculate. My 'knowledge' of God is very subjective. I feel it is nice to share ideas or opinions about God.

Thank you for your explanation
Old 21-05-2019, 08:00 PM
ImthatIm

I don't think God could help Himself.
I think He was being funny.

He's like, Gabriel watch the humans.
I just came up with the first knock,knock joke.
Old 21-05-2019, 11:00 PM
Master

Quote:

I believe in absolute truth Sky, but that its not easy to know what that is!
Blind belief is a risk and luckily some are not prone to it. But no belief is also not risk free so there is this compulsion to want to know... its natural

It doesn't make sense to me to imagine a time before creation, unless God is subject to time and can die and be reborn like us... which is a curious thought
But assuming God is immutable and beyond time and space then creation has to be part of God's essence and an eternal process without beginning or end
What seems like a single act of creation to us, is just one infinitely small snapshot of something infinite
Religions typically do not want an enquiring, curious mindset but a mindset that is unified which is the error of them, cause an artificial union is temporary while a naturally arrived at union is permanent
So despite everything a free thinking society is actually good for religions in the long run and everyone whatever they believe in
Anyway, i'm thinking that our universe is part of the mystery of life i'm really not a spirit/matter dualist i think that dichotomy exists between spiritual spirit and spiritual matter and we create the dualisms ourselves so i have a positive view of creation which is healthy
Old 22-05-2019, 02:28 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
I believe in absolute truth Sky, but that its not easy to know what that is!

How could you or anyone ignore me when I'm sitting directly among you? Didn't you read what I said? The truth is instantly accessible. I'm right here!!

Notice: not one person took me up on my offer to speak further on preexistence and the big bang. Sure, I expressed years of aggravation and grief but an understanding person should not be put off by it and not treat it as a barrier.

I'm pretty sure one of the greatest lies in this world comes from those who say they want to know the truth. Repeatedly, throughout my experience in this world, people in fact do not want the truth. They say they do but then the truth avails itself and things don't go any rational way.

Whatever. People will continue to reject the truth while simultaneously claiming to be seeking it. Very annoying.