Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 02-05-2019, 03:07 AM
Master
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer007
can it be true that many of us at here are old souls with many past lives and maybe some people are souls from the beginning of time on the earthly plane.
im sure i saw a medium once write about how you go through different lifestyles, whether it's rich or poor or being spiritual, it's like you take all those experiences and climb the spiritual ladder ...
I heard that, too.
Our neighbor's situation is not always what it seems...good to rem...and why we can never judge.

Example: Yogananda said he learned/grew more being a single mother in poverty with many children,
than many lives as a yogi meditating in the Himalayas.

I have read a Down's Syndrome person chose that life selflessly for his Soul Group/family to grow...
all learning
selflessness and the power of love...over riches and fame and such.

We do not know what the person next to us purposely chose to purposely learn what he needed to.

Why, I thought I hated my father for decades (prayed to forgive him, btw)...
only to have another one of my stunning moments of being 'shown' something...When I heard his voice say,
'I will be your father and you will be my daughter and I will treat you as you have others so you will finally see and stop it once and for all.'
I said, OK.
Turns out this terrible man, (to me only)...was actually my best friend playing a role...doing this for me.
He wasn't the monster I had thought!!!

Gosh, this is a brilliant play on a stage with us playing 100s of roles...!!

"Nothing it what it seems, Grasshopper."

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...
Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"
~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.
Better to PM me if you want me to see a post to me. I miss a lot.

Old 02-05-2019, 03:24 AM
Master

We all express here just beliefs. Some of us came up with them through our own spiritual experiences, others borrowed them form other sources, while others express wishes or rationalizations. Even if one of us knew for sure how things are, how would he/she make the others believe? There's no way.

I believe / know ( ) that there is no contract, and no plan, in the way it is discussed in this thread, in the way Michael Newton and others found out through life-between-lives regressions, or in the way most authors and spiritual gurus describe. But we all have our karmic baggage.

A poster asked how this widely purported idea of contract / plan came into being ... the same way it happened with all religions: some individuals had some altered states of consciousness experiences, and they interpreted them through the filters of their beliefs, emotions, intellect. Then others, willingly and unwillingly, distorted those interpretations further, and it is impossible to track the original experience.

The contract / plan idea is in line with other beliefs based on anthropomorphic views of the afterlife, and on an Earth / human centric multiverse. Both are erroneous.

Our spirits incarnate here, on Earth, because they can't (yet) function properly in the non-physical realms. The purpose is to evolve toward being able to function there. Main things to accomplish here: get rid of fear (master emotions), develop intellect, acquire intuition. No plan, no contract, free will.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:56 AM
Master
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
There is a general plan but nothing is set in stone
The spirit usually prepares with his or her soul group
You have guides that are assigned to you
The High Council or Elder Council who tell you what must be done in order to evolve sorta like the head masters or principals.
The spirit guides are your guidance counselors
And of course Life on earth or another planet is the School Room

“Universe” and university have a funny linguistic tie.

But nothing is set in stone in regards to your choices .

Just saw this post, too. I agree. Yes.

How funny I never got the universe/university correlation!!!!!!

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...
Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"
~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.
Better to PM me if you want me to see a post to me. I miss a lot.

Old 02-05-2019, 01:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
There is a general plan but nothing is set in stone

The spirit usually prepares with his or her soul group
You have guides that are assigned to you
The High Council or Elder Council who tell you what must be done in order to evolve sorta like the head masters or principals.
The spirit guides are your guidance counselors
And of course Life on earth or another planet is the School Room

And God is the power, force, and Person who set up and created all the various schools for us to go to. “Universe” and university have a funny linguistic tie.

But nothing is set in stone in regards to your choices . The only way life feels like autopilot is when we are controlled and dictated by our karma of this and past lives.

Repeating the same cycles being influenced by those forces that keep us from changing.

True freedom is not a loss of individuality.

In fact the most highly evolved beings are the most free, individualized, and happy. Yet they know they are connected and one with everything.

Amilius hello - this resonated deeply.
Speaking from my karma, other lives and repeated patterns or situations can contribute greatly to a sense of futility and despair, akin to a depressive state that is a natural outcome of feeling trapped by one's karma. If you've been repeatedly murdered by a loved one, or repeatedly lost loved ones through violence over and over again, or repeatedly experienced enslavement or brutal oppression...etc...all things common to humanity's history...these things leave a deep, caustic mark on the fabric of existence and on the fabric of your being. And they are yours to carry. They fall to you and to whomever else has taken part in it. You must pick it up...it is your share, your burden. There is no other way. Even if it feels hopeless at times, like nothing will ever change and you are experiencing the same sort of thing over and over, with some slight variation.

Next, the only way out is through. It seems counterintuitive until you apprehend with your heart centre that the light and the truth you are seeking lies on this path. And in the transformational power of your own light and love and insight, you transform (heal) your portion of your (shared) karma and illuminate your footing on your path with ever greater clarity and insight. At some point, you can reach out to others with authentic love, affirmation, and support. Where there is deeply shared karma, you can reach out with both forgiveness, and contrition & repentence, and thus move toward an authentic, sustainable reconciliation.

At some point, the world on our shoulders is a light as a feather and full of buoyance and light...because we have grown and the burden has been transformed. But others may still be struggling. And now we can more fully understand how important it is to support one another in lovingkindness and equanimity.

Authentic love, forgiveness, contrition/repentance, and reconciliation are key. All these require great strength and great courage. That's where the equanimity at centre comes in. That and the mutual support of our fellow travellers. So that we may each live from a place of lovingkindness at centre towards self and others.

At this point, the "plan" begins to look a little different...it opens up and we see how much more we can be and do going forward And most critically, we begin to apprehend the mysteries of the tapestry. And just how important our intent, thought, word and deed are.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 04-05-2019, 11:10 PM
Newbie ;)

I think one of the biggest issues for me, is I feel like I'm stuck.

I have felt for a long time in my life an unexplained spiritual connection and curiosity since I was a small child.

I would say as I got older I got distracted by life and moved away from that curiosity and connection, but then certain hardships with my health took place. With that, I have come back to that spiritual connection and curiosity. Some of it even without doing anything - it just appeared into my life again during these difficult years.

But my hardships have left me pondering on all things about my life, what our spiritual purpose is, what mine is supposed to be, trying to understand life after death etc.

I wish I knew what I was here to do, what I'm going to do with my life in positive good ways, what good things are going to come to me etc.

Right now, I see everyone else's life progress forward but mine stagnating.