Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 12-03-2015, 03:36 AM
joyforlife

I find excercise outside so much easier especially if you can get off the road and hit the trails or a park. I find it easier to keep going being out in nature!
Old 11-05-2015, 07:01 AM
JoeNTMY

I find running outdoors more challenging than on a treadmill. The views outside are also nicer! :)
Old 14-05-2015, 05:19 PM
Pathfinder

5 miles on a treadmill feels like an eternity, to me. I like to run outside. I am very cold sensitive, though. In the winter, I stick to turbokick and spin classes for cardio. I will usually run on the track for a couple of miles before class.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:31 AM
Pathfinder
skipping indoors running on soft surfaces outside away from smog
Old 08-01-2016, 07:11 PM
Deactivated Account
Outdoor running. Why would i want to confine myself?

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 17-01-2016, 02:54 PM
Lorelyen

They're different. The treadmill is measured. You can meet challenges I'm told, so if you're training for a specific thing it doesn't let you off easily.

Outdoor running balances things out, uphill, downhill, the flat....and if you sprint a bit you can also walk a bit if you get tired, not so easy on a treadmill.

I don't have much to do with either these days as I prefer dance but if I feel a bit lethargic I'd go for a run along the esplanade a couple of miles.

Old 04-02-2016, 04:50 PM
Lepus

Hello,

As of lately, I been going to the gym using a treadmill, but I prefer the outdoors. Perhaps, when the weather changes to the right temperature I might take a walk in the park.

Quills Quiver
Old 04-02-2016, 08:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Which do you prefer or which do you think gives you better results?

I like to do both. I prefer outdoors running though. It gives me more freedom in movement. I can go backwards, sideways (left side forward), sideways (right side forward), zig-zag, sidesteps, sprints, etc. Which improves your footwork if you do other sports. Also the feeling of the sun, and the breeze motivates me to run longer. It becomes more of a dance and a joy than a workout.

But i also realize the treadmill has its benefits if you're looking to increase your speed. While running outdoors its easy to slow down without realizing it but while on a treadmill you can set it at a certain speed and you would have to remain at that speed for the duration of the time you set yourself. So if you're looking to increase speed and endurance perhaps the treadmill would be of greater use.

ocean breeze - I use to run outside every day and ran several foot races, but after being fiercely attacked by a dog while walking my dog, I don't even go for walks outside (at least not alone and even then I am on alert). So given that and for the pure convenience of it, I like to elliptical in my basement while watching the news. But I miss the freedom of running outside and not being fearful of anything, but just feeling free.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:01 AM
Master
^^ That's one of my worst fears while running. Along with getting hit by a car and running into the wrong neighborhood. There was one incident where i nearly got attacked by a dog, another where i almost got hit by a car, and another where i ended up lost in the ghetto of an unfamiliar city. The first and last happened on the same day.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:08 PM
Pathfinder

Outside exercise of course. Even in the winter, even it's snowing or raining. I like to be on fresh air. Good equipment and I am ready.