Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 28-03-2011, 06:12 AM
Bitis

snakes :)

Hi Everyone....

I did not look on the rest of the pages in this forum, for threads on snakes, they are one of the old favourite creatures for both fears and the other end of the spectrum, respects and such, so there most likely is another thread hanging around, sorry i have that chip on my shoulder about posting something that someone else may have, because you can get ...."roasted" sometimes for repeat postings :)

Anyhow, ive allways been close to nature, animals plants ect, most animals i can communicate with pretty well with body language and mannerisms, just basic natural curtosy and such, but snakes seem to be my thing ... for some reason they calm down with me.... holding them, or rather letting them arrange themselves , and just predicting the best places they could want to go, we seem to hit it off, because nine times out of ten, they almost punch out a feeling of comfort....and that talks... a lot louder than words, they cannot lie, and they dont want to, they know im not untruthfull, and they feel it.... and they also reverse it back to me.... am i odd? **not taking into account that odd is just different aka alien - aka un nerving**

Lol, and more widely, in many spiritual...circles, what are the meanings of snakes? there are so many .... in some african villages, they are considered gods, in some they are considered the spawn of evil, for instance...the python reguis - royal python., is so named because apparantly cleopatra wore them on her wrists, and so they were the royal python ....

any info at all on snakes, would be brilliant , thank you :)
Old 28-03-2011, 06:24 AM
nightowl

Do you believe in animal guides? It sounds as though snake may be a power animal for you.

Snake, Power Animal, Symbol of Death, Rebirth, Eternity, Mysteries of Life, Psychic Energy

By Ina Woolcott

As Snake sheds its skin so we can shed our illusions and limitations. Then we are able to use our vitality and desires to achieve wholeness.

Snakes deserve respect. Throughout history the snakes have had many legends surrounding them, linking them to creation, fertility and transformation. Nowhere are the differences between cultures and religions more sharply emphasized than in their attitudes towards Snake, differences which will also uncover different vistas on elementary aspects of being alive.

On one level, the differences relate to sexuality. We see the snake enticing Eve in the Garden of Eden, being symbolized as Vinata the Indian goddess, or shown as the legs of Cernunnos the Celtic fertility god. In Hinduism, kundalini, or serpent fire, is coiled at the base of the spine. As we mature emotionally and spiritually, the energy rises, stimulating the chakras, which are emotional, mental, and spiritual energy centres. This is also shown in the worldwide symbol of the spiral. This flow of energy is indispensable for good health, and the Greeks, in their own understanding of this, used the snake as a symbol of healing and wisdom.

In Israel the snake was regarded as the earth mother and played a role in fertility. In Egypt the cobra was known for its ability to expand the upper neck into a disc shape by spreading its ribs, symbolizing immortality. Snake was also considered to represent inner vision. Christian lore sees the snake rising from the chalice of St. John, wound around a cross sometimes portrayed with a woman's head to depict lust and temptation.

For time immemorial people have associated Snake with both male and female aspects of sexuality. In religions where sexuality, in both its physical and spiritual aspects is celebrated, Snake has been held with honour. More repressive belief systems have linked snake to evil.

The Celts sometimes called the Druids, leaders and teachers in poetry, music, the law, spiritual wisdom, and healing, adders. Sadly, the more stiff practitioners of the Judeo-Christianism seemed to fear wisdom. When St. Patrick bragged that he had driven all of the snakes out of Ireland, he meant the Druids. The apple the snake gave Eve was from the Tree of Knowledge.

This is just a start to the contradictory attitudes towards Snake. The snake also represents aliveness, as expressed in sensuality - in this case meaning feeling and responding to stimuli, and more generally, to the flow of energy which creates us and makes us alive.

When snakes shed their skin, they metamorphose into a new being. This is very significant to those with snake as power animal, symbolising our ability to shed beliefs and habits which we have outgrown, moving into higher spiritual energy. The ability to do this is wisdom.

The shedding of the skin is also associated with astral travel and out of body experiences. The eyes of a snake are always open and are protected by immobile transparent scales. Before shedding their skin the snakes markings become obscure and the eyes appear opaque or blue, giving them a trance like appearance as if they are looking right through you. Learning how to see into the hearts of others is part of what we are taught by snake.

On the deepest level Snake's skin shedding symbolizes death and rebirth, an idea which is depicted by the image of a snake swallowing its own tail, a symbol of eternity. The Snakes medicine is not to be treated lightly. Its meaning touches on the deepest mysteries in life. If you are ready to shed your own skin, Snake is ready and waiting to guide you through the spiral path of transformation. On a material level snake is vitality, on an emotional level ambition and dreams, on a mental level intellect and power, and on the highest level, the spiritual level wisdom, understanding and wholeness.

Snakes / serpent's power includes - Being the messenger of the Rainbow Serpent, wisdom, healing, initiation, elusiveness, manipulation of lightning, transmutation, exploration of the mysteries of life, primitive or elemental energy, protection from religious persecution, goddess energy, psychic energy, creative power, immortality and the connection to, or forming, the magic cord by which the shaman travels to the soul world. Snake medicine is the energy of wholeness, cosmic consciousness, and the ability to experience anything willingly and without resistance. It is the knowledge that all things are equal in creation, that all is one.

Snake is a powerful animal guide, a symbol of transformation and healing. The snake is wisdom expressed through healing. This is a protector and guardian. If snake has come into your life, your creative forces are awakening. Your intuition will strengthen and be more accurate.

When on the move snakes make no noise whatsoever. They are invisible when resting and are unable to produce their own body heat, often to be seen lying in the sun. The suns warmth together with their behavior regulates their body temperature. They don’t rely on the energy of food to generate body heat and can survive on scanty diets for long periods of time. Those with snake as power animal need very little food for energy. They are usually cold, with body temperatures below average, and prefer warmer climates.

Snakes do not have eardrums nor external ear openings. Instead they have small bones in the head that conduct sound. They can hear low frequency sounds and sense vibrations that travel through the earth. This links them to the underworld where secrets are kept.

The snake depicts healing on a cellular level. With their lightweight and flexible bodies they possess extremely fast and agile. If snake enters your life, expect swift changes to sweep through your life. These changes denote death of the old and a birth into untapped power, creativity and wisdom. Snake is very powerful to have to have as a guide. It is the guardian of sacred places and the keeper of concealed knowledge.

Hope this helps some...

nightowl
Old 28-03-2011, 07:18 AM
Bitis

Animal Guides.... only breifly have i ever talked of it, is there not some ...ritual // practice , where by you sit in a place, away from everyone/thing, and you meditate, and the first creature that comes to you, is your "guide"?

my head was buzzing reading half of what you quoted / wrote / transcribed , for i am alive, and have been thirty years, i have a good grasp on what i call my reality...i have intellect, a fair amount of it, i can filter words, sentances, meanings, and a large amount of the time, we place our own meanings into the sentances provided, but there is something else here.......

that was one heck of a reply Nightowl.....

Snakes amaze me, loosly talking , they've been here around 120 million years, they have watched our mouse like ancestors climb up into trees, develop ball shoulders and thumbs, jump back out of trees, make cities.... crikey they probably have not even noticed we exist yet, and "we" humans, run around thinking we are so flipping important to the earth, that we effect everything control everything, split from nature and fight against it.... all this rubbish, conquer stuff, kill stuff break stuff , try to create a new world ...makes me rage!

And the snakes, they sit....and watch, and they get along with it, they must have the most immense race memory, the wisdom these creatures possess....and modern day science can tell you a lot, but it has problems...with snakes, these creatures do not react...., is this snake blind? because it will or does not move when i wave at it? because science tells me , its eyesight is very poor unless it is very close and, it CAN only see moving objects *only loosly based on the fact its prey are moving so it is logical for it to have evolved this way* ect ect, but them what if it just isnt moving? ......

that was just my example , you know the most basic example

There is something extraordinary about snakes, their wisdom is overwhelming

wow i really like your reply!!!!

that was ace, thank you NightOwl :)

Last edited by Bitis : 28-03-2011 at 07:23 AM. Reason: needed to add more
Old 28-03-2011, 08:43 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitis
Animal Guides.... only breifly have i ever talked of it, is there not some ...ritual // practice , where by you sit in a place, away from everyone/thing, and you meditate, and the first creature that comes to you, is your "guide"?

my head was buzzing reading half of what you quoted / wrote / transcribed , for i am alive, and have been thirty years, i have a good grasp on what i call my reality...i have intellect, a fair amount of it, i can filter words, sentances, meanings, and a large amount of the time, we place our own meanings into the sentances provided, but there is something else here.......

that was one heck of a reply Nightowl.....

Snakes amaze me, loosly talking , they've been here around 120 million years, they have watched our mouse like ancestors climb up into trees, develop ball shoulders and thumbs, jump back out of trees, make cities.... crikey they probably have not even noticed we exist yet, and "we" humans, run around thinking we are so flipping important to the earth, that we effect everything control everything, split from nature and fight against it.... all this rubbish, conquer stuff, kill stuff break stuff , try to create a new world ...makes me rage!

And the snakes, they sit....and watch, and they get along with it, they must have the most immense race memory, the wisdom these creatures possess....and modern day science can tell you a lot, but it has problems...with snakes, these creatures do not react...., is this snake blind? because it will or does not move when i wave at it? because science tells me , its eyesight is very poor unless it is very close and, it CAN only see moving objects *only loosly based on the fact its prey are moving so it is logical for it to have evolved this way* ect ect, but them what if it just isnt moving? ......

that was just my example , you know the most basic example

There is something extraordinary about snakes, their wisdom is overwhelming

wow i really like your reply!!!!

that was ace, thank you NightOwl :)

You are quite welcome.

In response to finding your animal guides or power animals, yes you can sit and meditate and ask them to appear of reveal themselves to you. Very often they will come to you when you are ready to receive them or in the case of a power animal it will make itself known to you throughout your life.

I had suggested that the snake may be your power animal because you have always felt connected to it. Do you relate to much of what was said about the sanke? There are many threads and articles about that can help you with animal gudies. Take some time to explore the topic and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:54 AM
feralfae

It definitely sounds like a power animal. The snake is one of mine too.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:33 AM
Bitis

many of the things stated in that paragraph **some of which i found on other sites whilst searching** meant quite a lot to me

power animal, i think it may be my overwhelming power animal, now also i need to find what a "power" animal is, because its quite strange, how similar to snakes i am myself......

I am a very very deep thinker, i suppose typical "air" libran, i hate imbalance, but am unbalanced, i am secluded, and never wish for any uninvited attention, i will rarely ask for help, even if needed to survive, i eat probably a third of the amount of food most people my weight eat, in conflict i am silent , and will avoid it at all costs, unless of course it feels right, or i am scared enough to attack, then i will strike extremely fast extremely agressive and calculated, and will bring an end to the conflict as fast and as suddenly as possible, but i loathe violence, that is why if it has to happen i will hit out like...a snake, sorry im blabbering i have to show you how much i loath violence and conflict, i would rather sit under my rock....watching everything, saying nothng but thinking furiously
I wish to shed my skin, but i cannot, i am stuck, in almost a limbo / purgatory, i am not meant to be here, i see the foul cruelties brought upon creatures and people, and this makes me extremely angry, the lies, the persecution, the stink of people trapped in their own realities but persuasive in their ways to crush your reality with their own, so ready to take it as the concrete truth

when snakes look at me, i am instantly connected to them, i can feel their feelings.....their unobtrusive wisdom, they also make me feel connected to the planet, in a way other than being a disgusting human

these are the main parts i agree with .....

rebirth - as i am constantly evolving....as all of us are

eternity - loosly...as i believe all spirit energy is eternal, this is why i will never kill ect, because to kill something or one, is killing yourself, as i believe we are all connected

protection from religeous persecution - you do not want me to elongate this sentance, i have cured religeous ignorance in myself, but this is my little reality

concealed knowledge - i have a lot of this, and i can pass it out, but never seem to be able to use it to my own benifit, do i deserve to?

intuition - i can read certain people, taste them , but it is not good, i can only seem to taste bad, and it really messes me up, my intuition is extremely powerfull, and i dont want to sound like i think im great, but it has yet to be wrong.....but then it is never specific enough to be "right" i just know "bad"

healing - my favourite past time, mostly mental and energies, comfort

i need to stop now, but i wrote that THEN read this "It is the knowledge that all things are equal in creation, that all is one."
thats me allright, dammit my eyes started watering just then.......

im also in dispair, spiritually weakened beyond recognition, i have changed entire persona more than once, and i have no idea who i am, i feel timeless, and scared, but for some reason i wont die, what the hell is going on, although now i am searching desperatly for someone i dont even know, something out there is pulling me towards it, but i cannot recognise it, someone somewhere REALLY needs me, or i need them or both, but every day i can feel it, but not being able to recognise it makes everything fuzzy as heck........

does anyone in here feel that they know me?
Old 06-04-2011, 12:17 AM
windwhistle

I absolutely loathe snakes. I had a bad dream about one last night. My Mother gave it to me for a gift. It was an awful gold snake and it was icky and creepy. I hated the feel of it's muscular body. I did not trust it.

Where I grew up we had copperheads, rattlers and water moccasins...they can kill a person. I learned to stay away from them. I don't even like black snakes even though they are non-poisonous.

Once when I was little we went to silver springs in Florida. All of us children, 5 of us, volunteered to hold this huge 10 foot long white snake. I was barely touching it but I was near the tail. Suddenly I freaked out and dropped my end of the snake and ran from the stage. The snake wiggled and all my brothers and sisters dropped it on the floor. It wriggled out into the audience and the snake handler had to fetch it and keep the audience from panicking. I was about 6 years old.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:01 AM
Administrator
Hello

SNAKES

* Psychic energy, creative power, immortality
* Understanding connections with Spirit
* Facing your fears on spiritual initiations and life problems, moving to higher goals

SUPERSTITIONS

* A ring in the shape of a Snake is said to bring long life and good health to the owner
* An old superstition, is that a Snake will not die til the Sun goes down

From the Book Animal Magick by D.J. Conway ( working with animal familiars"

Lynn
Old 09-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Bitis

supersticions, that sun goes down one was also used in shark fishing , they do not die untill the sun goes down i believe

Facing your fears on spiritual initiations and life problems, moving to higher goals

you have just confirmed it for me, the snake must be my power animal, facing my fears on spiritual initiations?

Joining the forum?

Feebly trying to see if anyone can understand these things, and changing but not being in control and feeling lost

a Libran snake, this could be more difficult than i thought, as i am indecisive, i think far too much, so i am finding this change extremely hard to deal with

@ WindWhistle, is there no way you can rid yourself of this very heavy fear, and replace it with a wisened respect? In fact you would be a lot safer, in the situation of stumbling across a venomous snake with much less fear, as you know sudden moves can get you tagged, and the saying they can "smell" fear , applied to many animals, is especially true with snakes, they can taste your fear, and it scares the heck into them, then you need to think of the world from the snakes eyes, basically anything moving fast it either food or threat.... both of these things can be on the recieving end of a bite.
And no snake, other than literally two or three species can move over a length of ground faster than around 4/5 mph , so it has no choice, and also snakes are very poor "combat" animals , even a rattler will die at your hands, if it has bitten you

I really hope that one day you can not fear them, i hate fear lol

thank you again people :)
Old 09-04-2011, 08:35 PM
Mind's Eye

All I want to know is who put these mother @#$%*%$@ snakes on this mother *&%@#$ Plane?