Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 24-05-2018, 07:40 AM
Knower

Crystals for empath protection?

Hello I am a very empathic person...especially if I get enough alone time to discharge other people's energy and am not overloaded to a state of pessimism and depression but in modern world I cannot always ground in nature and if I am unable to get out in nature everyday or get away from certain toxic people I just end up sucking in other people's negativity and vibration making me someone I hardly recognize with very apparent disconnect from my higher self and no healing effect anymore. Does anyone have any recommendations for wearable crystals for empaths?...something that will either block deflect or transmute other people's energy for me?

I wear rose quartz typically but although it is soothing and beautiful energy I notice there is a certain vulnerability to it's energy as well when I really need something else that is very protective. Also I notice if I take off rose quartz I get very strange results...almost as if the loving gentle heart healing effects of rose quartz reversed a little and strikes me with some emotional pain when other crystals don't do reversal like that once I stop wearing O_o It's not as bad as it sounds though; I believe when I take it off the effect of cushioning or comforting me wears off and I am left with some heart chakra energy to heal on my own.

Things I've tried (for wearing)
Amethyst, Amber, and Aquamarine-beautiful..but 0 noticeable effect for me
Rose Quartz
Malachite, Tiger's Eye, Carnelian-These stones all worked great for certain effects but not for strong protection for me; I need something that is powerful for this as I tend to take on ALOT from other people...If I am cleared I am often like a sponge in that regard...atm I am bogged down..I will work on grounding in other ways but after cleansing/grounding I will need to be able to keep myself from taking on so much.
Aqua Aura Quartz- I didn't actually wear this but occasionally carry it around in my pocket or purse when I wish to keep a high vibration for the occasion and it works beautifully for that..I will have to make a necklace out of this to test out more..

Basically I need a stone catered to protection of one's own energy and to healing the negatives involved with empath work or healing...something that someone here has personal experience with?

Thanks!

Just background...for taking on energy I will often be able to feel people I loveS' heartbreak or emotional suffering at the exact time they feel it even if we are miles away or havnt spoken in months and they will later talk to me about what happened at the day (and sometimes time) I was feeling it from them; I can usually read what they are thinking a bit too; like the topic...I can also sometimes feel when they are feeling extremely loving and heart centered...which is confirmed to me later when they contact me. This is kind of nice but the flipside of this is that I also absorb toxic energy from people I don't know or who I wish to not have contact with which lessens my connection to higher self and healing/self-healing abilities; I believe if I am cleared up and in healer mode I attract people with alot of issues which is usually fine and I do feel I benefit them esp those who are also empathic and healing in that way heals me too but alot of people are energetic predators or parasites and will discharge alot of neg energy into you if you let them and I've gotten good about cutting people off who do this...but some people are unavoidable; particularly family...

Last edited by paperw1ngs : 24-05-2018 at 06:27 PM.
Old 24-05-2018, 01:11 PM
Master
If you are looking for some crystals for protection and transmuting of energies. Look for stones that are in the black spectrum. Such as tourmaline, hematite. Obsidian. (Word of warning. Obsidian is a powerful stone and will make you face a lot of internal stuff.) Smokey quartz will take energy and send it into the ground/transmuting a lot of it, so you don't take it on. Selenite is a must stone for any sensitive person to carry on them, or to keep in their homes. It's great in bringing in white light, and in clearing things out.

Grounding is very, very important for an empath. Keeping yourself grounding, to help energies move out of you, so you are not taking them on. Grounding exercises are a must and should be done each and every day. If you are going into an energy heavy place, making sure you surround yourself in a form of protective bubble/shield of your choosing will also help to filter out energies coming to you.

Also note nothing is going to keep everything out. Crystals. Shielding. They all work as a filter to filter out as much as they can. Some stuff will get through. Remember to clear your energy as frequently as you need to. By dry brushing your aura, body, and sending it back out into the earth to be cleared and transmuted. You can also visualize white light or purple light wrapping around you and clearing out your energy.

Hope this helps you in your journey.
Old 24-05-2018, 01:36 PM
Experiencer

Yep, I agree with the black stones, I like the smokey quartz, personally. You need to put down the rose quartz for a while. It's a heart stone, thus strengthening your heart chakra. While that sounds good, it's not, for an empath. It's like a homing beacon for those people with emotional issues, and they are more likely to be drawn to share their burdens with you. When you take it away, you feel the full weight of the burdens you are bringing in. It's tough, yes, but it will be better for you in the long run.
Old 24-05-2018, 02:37 PM
Pathfinder

Orgone Crystals?

hello, I am no expert and quite new to crystal work. I don't know if to consider myself an Empath because I don't want to limit my potential or abilities especially since I don't really know what I am or what my spiritual abilities are. I have a sense for a few things however I can comfortably say that I am very intuitive and I take that as an inner essence of my soul/higher connected soul.

Anyways, I too am a sponge for energy and information and I don't ever seem to be full so I do my best to make sure that what is around me to be soaked in, is all good, however this is not always in my control. What is in my control is how I react to my feelings and experiences. I found online an Orgone crystal and what I got was infused with Citrine and cast in a clear resin. These combined properties for me are an amplification of healing and love and whatever intention I have. So if i intend to be protected, i feel this quite consciously. When I wear this crystal I feel very powerfully at peace, like I can subtly feel all through me that I am prepared (for whatever may come along) I have read up about people using Orgone to heal the sky's; to stop the chem's and energies from falling down on us (I don't know I haven't tried this myself) (However I have cleared the sky myself just by believing in my intent and waving away what was not naturally supposed to be there.)

This has proved very powerful for me and I have noticed that my soul destiny doesn't always require me to wear it and I only find myself picking it up or being drawn to it when I am in need of assistance and I like to consider that the assistance is my own as my energies and intentions are only being amplified. This crystal from what I can gather does NOT need cleansing or charging and is a constant. I am speaking as honestly as I can for how it has made me feel when interacting with it. Again, I am new to the terminology and in the workings of crystals but what I do trust is my gut, my instinct, my inner-guide, me. Which I think is what counts the most.

I believe strongly that everything happens for a reason whether we know it or not so if one day I forget to wear my crystal its because I wasn't meant to and in this realization I can then find peace by knowing that I didn't even need (or think that i needed) to use the crystal. Such a happy and satisfying thought

Inner-light: I have just ordered some obsidian as I have some strong work to go through with myself.

I hope I have been some help just as much as the help I received just from visiting your post. Today I feel really blessed and clear and I am not wearing the crystal so I am happy.

blessings to all and nameste
Old 24-05-2018, 02:37 PM
Pathfinder

Orgone Crystals?

hello, I am no expert and quite new to crystal work. I don't know if to consider myself an Empath because I don't want to limit my potential or abilities especially since I don't really know what I am or what my spiritual abilities are. I have a sense for a few things however I can comfortably say that I am very intuitive and I take that as an inner essence of my soul/higher connected soul.

Anyways, I too am a sponge for energy and information and I don't ever seem to be full so I do my best to make sure that what is around me to be soaked in, is all good, however this is not always in my control. What is in my control is how I react to my feelings and experiences. I found online an Orgone crystal and what I got was infused with Citrine and cast in a clear resin. These combined properties for me are an amplification of healing and love and whatever intention I have. So if i intend to be protected, i feel this quite consciously. When I wear this crystal I feel very powerfully at peace, like I can subtly feel all through me that I am prepared (for whatever may come along) I have read up about people using Orgone to heal the sky's; to stop the chem's and energies from falling down on us (I don't know I haven't tried this myself) (However I have cleared the sky myself just by believing in my intent and waving away what was not naturally supposed to be there.)

This has proved very powerful for me and I have noticed that my soul destiny doesn't always require me to wear it and I only find myself picking it up or being drawn to it when I am in need of assistance and I like to consider that the assistance is my own as my energies and intentions are only being amplified. This crystal from what I can gather does NOT need cleansing or charging and is a constant. I am speaking as honestly as I can for how it has made me feel when interacting with it. Again, I am new to the terminology and in the workings of crystals but what I do trust is my gut, my instinct, my inner-guide, me. Which I think is what counts the most.

I believe strongly that everything happens for a reason whether we know it or not so if one day I forget to wear my crystal its because I wasn't meant to and in this realization I can then find peace by knowing that I didn't even need (or think that i needed) to use the crystal. Such a happy and satisfying thought

Inner-light: I have just ordered some obsidian as I have some strong work to go through with myself.

I hope I have been some help just as much as the help I received just from visiting your post. Today I feel really blessed and clear and I am not wearing the crystal so I am happy.

blessings to all and nameste
Old 24-05-2018, 02:45 PM
Administrator
Hello

Here are a few that I have used that are more gentle in nature. I have to agree on Rose Quartz as it opens the heart and this for Empaths is the part that we need to learn to control the most so that we are grounded. When we find that balance with grounding and protections such as energy walls, then Rose Quartz is nice to bring in for a peaceful nights rest.

Snowflake Obsidian aids in clearer and more logical thinking. Carry this stone to keep others from taking advantage. This stone will reveal what needs to be changed in life to assist one in advancing.

Fluorite helps to ground excessive energy, particularly mental, emotional and nervous energy. It is a powerful healer; it affects all the chakras as well as mental attitudes. It is excellent for use in cleansing the aura...it is known to ride the aura of cording (unwanted attached energy lines from other people).

All Tourmalines are said to enhance understanding, increase self-confidence and amplify psychic energies. They are told to neutralize negative energies, dispel fear and grief as well as aid in concentration and communication.

Crystal Quartz is the ultimate "anything-stone" as it radiates all the color vibrations within the spectrum of light and thus can be utilized and programmed for any use which bring light and energy into our spiritual bodies. A "stone of the mind", quartz can be used to imprint with any energy or information and helps to focus the mind, aides in concentration and enhances mental ability.

A strong protection gemstone, jasper sustains and supports during times of stress. Jasper is one of the oldest known gemstones. It is mentioned in the Bible several times. Jasper is a strong securing gemstone. It is a stability gemstone. It is a powerful protection against things that are not good for you and it eases emotional stresses, making it a wonderful gemstone to have in your home.

Topaz is a powerful stone in the way that quartz is. It is a balancing and calming stone that balances emotions, releases tension, balances emotions, and can bring joy. Yellow topaz counteracts bad moods, and calms irritability caused by lack of sleep. This color also can detoxify the body to help with tissue regeneration. Place on the bodies of those moving on to the next realm, to help with a peaceful transition.

Lynn
Old 24-05-2018, 05:40 PM
Newbie ;)

Try a very powerful crystal that deflects bad vibes and negativity against us and also own negativity thoughts, which is Labradorite. This can used as a palm stone to sleep with during the night, and as a pendant or earring during the day.
Old 24-05-2018, 06:46 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
If you are looking for some crystals for protection and transmuting of energies. Look for stones that are in the black spectrum. Such as tourmaline, hematite. Obsidian. (Word of warning. Obsidian is a powerful stone and will make you face a lot of internal stuff.) Smokey quartz will take energy and send it into the ground/transmuting a lot of it, so you don't take it on. Selenite is a must stone for any sensitive person to carry on them, or to keep in their homes. It's great in bringing in white light, and in clearing things out.

Grounding is very, very important for an empath. Keeping yourself grounding, to help energies move out of you, so you are not taking them on. Grounding exercises are a must and should be done each and every day. If you are going into an energy heavy place, making sure you surround yourself in a form of protective bubble/shield of your choosing will also help to filter out energies coming to you.

Also note nothing is going to keep everything out. Crystals. Shielding. They all work as a filter to filter out as much as they can. Some stuff will get through. Remember to clear your energy as frequently as you need to. By dry brushing your aura, body, and sending it back out into the earth to be cleared and transmuted. You can also visualize white light or purple light wrapping around you and clearing out your energy.

Hope this helps you in your journey.

Thank you so much! I am buying a big chunk of obsidian soon for grounding and releasing neg energy in my sleep (it worked extremely well for me before)...but debating on using it for wearing on a daily basis. I read alot of negative stories from it..also from personal experience this is a stone that needs to be cleansed very often...I guess I'll really need to make clearing more of a priority...I didn't resonate with hematite personally but will look into smoky quartz and tourmaline..I keep getting the feeling I should try those...for years actually but never got around to it..

I will need to find time to ground often; I agree this is extremely important but I often forget or put it off...for mental well being it is essential for me...nature is best for this but salt soaks are good, obsidian and visualizations are nice and I will look into other methods as well. I just really need to remember self care on a daily basis. Thank you!
Old 24-05-2018, 06:49 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnAPath
Yep, I agree with the black stones, I like the smokey quartz, personally. You need to put down the rose quartz for a while. It's a heart stone, thus strengthening your heart chakra. While that sounds good, it's not, for an empath. It's like a homing beacon for those people with emotional issues, and they are more likely to be drawn to share their burdens with you. When you take it away, you feel the full weight of the burdens you are bringing in. It's tough, yes, but it will be better for you in the long run.

That's unfortunate; I do feel a connection to it and I believe in some aspects rose quartz has helped me alot but definitely not a constant when I'm already feeling vulnerable to other people's energies or lacking in strength. I will wear it again when I'm feeling more solid. Thanks!
Old 24-05-2018, 09:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperw1ngs
Thank you so much! I am buying a big chunk of obsidian soon for grounding and releasing neg energy in my sleep (it worked extremely well for me before)...but debating on using it for wearing on a daily basis. I read alot of negative stories from it..also from personal experience this is a stone that needs to be cleansed very often...I guess I'll really need to make clearing more of a priority...I didn't resonate with hematite personally but will look into smoky quartz and tourmaline..I keep getting the feeling I should try those...for years actually but never got around to it..

I will need to find time to ground often; I agree this is extremely important but I often forget or put it off...for mental well being it is essential for me...nature is best for this but salt soaks are good, obsidian and visualizations are nice and I will look into other methods as well. I just really need to remember self care on a daily basis. Thank you!

You are very welcome. I hope it helps and makes sense to you. Yes, it is easy to forget to not ground or shield. Or put it off. Forgetting it... But being an Empath myself, I know first hand how important it is to properly take care of my energy. That's just for day to day functioning. Without out, you will take on energy, and in time it will overrun you, and you will get drained, tired, or even sick. So taking proper care of your energy can make all the difference in the world. And if you do any spiritual work, like meditation, or connecting with spirit, it's even more important to protect yourself when you open up and become more open.

Another thing to mention, taking showers after a heavy energy day is very helpful in clearing off energy. It is very effective.

Negative stories, well from my experience, I didn't find it to be negative in work. But like I said, it is very, very powerful in what it does. Not just in protecting, but it deals in shadow work. It will bring stuff up to the surface that demand your attention. And it can do it quite forcefully. Many are not ready for it. It was very jarring the first time I used it as well. In time it smoothed out some. Many will recommend a more gentler version, such as snowflake obsidian, like Lynn mentioned.