Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 23-05-2018, 11:42 AM
Experiencer

Energy turning

I’m in a rather drab building, like an old gray and empty shopping mall. It is also the building in my hometown where our flat was where I grew up. There is some kind of event, a fair or something on one end, and a girlfriend of mine is behind the first open window selling something or offering some service. I’m also part of the fair and I have to go to the other end of the building along a long tunnel to get things, some large metal or plastic sheets or something. I go there with a man who I like very much, he looks a bit like Obama. We are enjoying each other and are getting to know each other, it’s very nice. He helps me getting whatever I’m getting by putting some kind of short apron around my neck when we get to the end of the tunnel. We have to go five times and every time he puts that apron on me. It’s a bit like this sheet they put around your neck at the dentist, but it has several colors, gray, some pale purple, green, white, and others, all in wavy stripes and swirls. Every time he puts this on me it’s so romantic and sexy. But then suddenly I lose confidence and I tell him about my girlfriend, how fine and elegant and well put together she is, while I’m just an old hippy with my cargo pants and T Shirt and crazy hair. He laughs but at that moment I can literally feel the energy between us turning. It’s like a large ball of energy about 3 feet wide in my belly region turns around and now it’s different between us. I basically sent him to her. We carry on as if nothing happened but I can feel his interest in me is gone and my heart is sinking and I’m so sad. Like I missed my chance, I sabotaged it. I feel humiliated. I go outside and on the road is a cow. Another girlfriend of mine is also there. We are both feeding that cow, she comes every day for food. I tell my friend the cow is now called Corinna Ho.

(I don't know anybody with that name in rl.)
Old 23-05-2018, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator
I would say that this dream represents some past programming you bought into growing up that is outdated and no longer serving you. Possibly you have an issue comparing yourself to other women and consequently lose your sense of self. Someone in a leadership role or someone you look up to puts an apron around you, possibly characterizing you in the female role. Once this happens you suddenly lose your self confidence and start seeing yourself as inferior to other women. Who you are is not enough by your opinion. this creates sadness and humiliation in you. It is indeed how you are sabotaging your self worth. There is value in who you are as a quirky person. Not all maidens (Corinna) need to look and act the same way. It's stiffing to be cookie cutter but you and many others have bought into the the idea (cow) that beauty is based on some criteria set by the world at large. Magazines and movie stars perpetuate this false idea of beauty that is really all smoke and mirrors anyway. Try to challenge your sense of what beauty is away from looks and comparison to others and champion your beautiful uniqueness and you will stop sabotaging your efforts in romance or life in general. i do understand you are married so it could just be a dream trying to help you understand a belief system you picked up along the way that is undermining your confidence in all areas of your life not just romance.
Old 25-05-2018, 04:22 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
I would say that this dream represents some past programming you bought into growing up that is outdated and no longer serving you. Possibly you have an issue comparing yourself to other women and consequently lose your sense of self. Someone in a leadership role or someone you look up to puts an apron around you, possibly characterizing you in the female role. Once this happens you suddenly lose your self confidence and start seeing yourself as inferior to other women. Who you are is not enough by your opinion. this creates sadness and humiliation in you. It is indeed how you are sabotaging your self worth. There is value in who you are as a quirky person. Not all maidens (Corinna) need to look and act the same way. It's stiffing to be cookie cutter but you and many others have bought into the the idea (cow) that beauty is based on some criteria set by the world at large. Magazines and movie stars perpetuate this false idea of beauty that is really all smoke and mirrors anyway. Try to challenge your sense of what beauty is away from looks and comparison to others and champion your beautiful uniqueness and you will stop sabotaging your efforts in romance or life in general. i do understand you are married so it could just be a dream trying to help you understand a belief system you picked up along the way that is undermining your confidence in all areas of your life not just romance.

Michelle, there's a lot of truth in your words. I took them with me when I went to sleep last night, at the same time mulling over a recent dispute I had with someone. When I woke up I felt a lot more clarity regarding this dispute, relating to the lack of confidence you spoke of, that undermines several areas in my life.

Yes I have carried the belief that I'm somehow not good enough and not worthy enough to be treated fairly and honestly, with me since what feels like forever. I allow my wishes and needs to be pushed aside as unimportant. I don't know where it originated but I'm doing my best to find out. I saw you saying in another thread that we have to face these deep routed beliefs to overcome them, and I agree, and I think I'm doing that now. This dream seems to be showing that it is myself who is pushing me aside, or at least I'm contributing to being ignored while someone "better" gets the treatment I hoped for.

In the dispute I mentioned above, I did not listen to my inner voice on several occasions, brushing it off, which the other person mirrored by also brushing my concerns aside and flat out lying to me. Turns out my concerns were valid. I want to learn to have the courage and confidence to not only say what I think/feel but also act upon it.

Lots to think about. Thank you Michelle!
Old 25-05-2018, 04:25 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfection
well it means that the business or career woman gets more opportunities than the one who simply waits for the cow to give her some milk to survive. It's like Obama helped you get started but you have to follow through with your plans & make it happen

Thank you, that's another way to look at it. But I did not take any milk from the cow, I was feeding the cow.
Old 27-05-2018, 04:53 AM
Experiencer

Thank you, Perfection.